test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help please - is it just me?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've been away from the game for several months but had time to log in today but I am having trouble with missions. I accepted one, the Outreach Program Delta Volaris Cluster mission, got to the Delta Volaris cluster and warped in but found absolutely nothing but a few anomalies in the cluster, no planet to aid at all. I had a search and thought that maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick and that you have to wait for a planet to become needy, so went and accepted another mission, the Explore the Arucanis Arm mission instead. However I've just got to the Arucanis Arm sector, warped in, and yet again, nothing there but a few anomalies!

Is it just me, have I missed something or whilst I have been not playing has something changed about the way missions work?? Help!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Scan an anomoly and and it will either give data sample(s) or take you into an explore mission.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    PrideRavyn wrote: »
    I've been away from the game for several months but had time to log in today but I am having trouble with missions. I accepted one, the Outreach Program Delta Volaris Cluster mission, got to the Delta Volaris cluster and warped in but found absolutely nothing but a few anomalies in the cluster, no planet to aid at all. I had a search and thought that maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick and that you have to wait for a planet to become needy, so went and accepted another mission, the Explore the Arucanis Arm mission instead. However I've just got to the Arucanis Arm sector, warped in, and yet again, nothing there but a few anomalies!

Is it just me, have I missed something or whilst I have been not playing has something changed about the way missions work?? Help!

Anomalies are the things you investigate by scanning to get the missions. You will also get samples while scanning as well. The Aid The Planet missions are random and you just have to wait to get them, but they will pop up eventually. Sometimes.. you might get 2 in a row (this happened to me yesterday).
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think what else needs to be clarified is the "Outreach Program" missions are just a few "primer" missions to introduce the newer "Aid the Planet" missions. The "AId the Planets" are encountered randomly by scanning various anomalies within the star cluster areas.

Pride, in order to complete the "Outreach Program" mission(s), you just have to keep trying the anomalies until you get an "Aid the Planet" mission in the indicated star cluster area.