test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MAJOR chat channel bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ever since the Tribble update, I have a grey unlabelled chat channel that I am NOT subbed to and thus cannot get rid of... on Holodeck... in every single one of my chat tabs.

This makes chat in key channels untenable due to all the cr@p from this unwanted channel.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I had this issue as well...another gave me a solution. Just go to channels and leave. At least this worked for me. If you do not have the STHelp channel on that second tab then i am not sure what to say. For as long as I have been around I never played with chat tabs so I had to be told what to do. It was definitely annoying though.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Urantia wrote: »
    I had this issue as well...another gave me a solution. Just go to channels and leave. At least this worked for me. If you do not have the STHelp channel on that second tab then i am not sure what to say. For as long as I have been around I never played with chat tabs so I had to be told what to do. It was definitely annoying though.

Just unchecking SThelp did nothing... however I just discovered the work-around.... go to 'channels' and DELETE the channel STHELP. It was the only way to stop the flood in ever single tab.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Cool deal....I wonder if it will be added everytime we go to Tribble and back lol. Well at least we know how to stop it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have a chat problem as well.

Every zone I enter, Zone chat toggles on, then immediately off.

I cant get zone chat to work unless ( I did a LOT of hit and miss to get to this point ) unless I use the "/Whitelist_channel Zone" command... then about 80% of the time it will toggle on..... sometimes I have to do it a couple times it seems for it to work.

I have to do it every time I enter a zone now.

I'm not sure when this all started, as I am just trickling back into the game as a player again.

very frustrating........
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    P.S. I think it started when I installed Tribble... pretty sure but not positive, actually not even sure if thats when or why, but a possibility.

anyway ... thats the latest thing that I did that was a change I suppose.

... I hope I dont have to uninstall and reinstall....
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You could also add TTS (Tribble channel) to your list and once done, unchecked. Not deleted, just unchecked it. For me, it worked on all my toon.