test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon BOff's, Tricorders, PvP bugs

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When you beam to planets to Destroy "x", your bridge officers are useless. They cannot asttack the "x" item that you must get rid of. So, they beam down to the planet with you and follow and watch you destroy everything yourself.

Tricorders do not detect items that you must search for on planets. In fact, they only seem capable of finding anomalies. If this was their only intended purpose then it is fail by design. Tricorders were used for measuring everything from detecting molecular structure to finding lifesigns, to locating objects or minerals at range to assessing the health of a compatriot or subject. Our tricorders are essentially useless and I do not know if this is a bug or just poor design.

Ground based PvP maps essentially trap players there. Since you cannot abort the mission, if the other team does not show or one does and they quit out of the game because they are outmatched 5 to 1, you are stuck on the map. Usually the requirement is 40 kills. Four of us were stuck on a map the other day. We tried to get a GM to help us but no response. We broadcast in zone chat but no one was able to suggest anything we hadn't already tried like logging on and off, trying to beam out (which is disabled to prevent people leaving the map because they are poor sports no doubt). I ultimately switched to a Fed character and came back 5 minutes later and was still stuck on the map. Eventually I got a prompt but it shouldn't be this long of a lag to get off of an unpopulated PvP map. GM response has been almost nonexistent lately and I am assuming it's due to the sheer number of tickets.

I mentioned in a previous thread but will reiterate because it's still broken, when you go to heal yourself using triage or any of the other heal abilities you turn around and expose your flank to the enemy. Which is entirely unhelpful.

Hunter Beta's SPAM the hold power. There should be a cooldown on how often they can throw that ... you know ... just like any other player. I just completed a mission ten minutes ago and was held around 15 times in one combat, My BOff's had to do most of the work.

Romulan Commanders and really any enemy boss that can generate shield and turrets are able to do so no matter how much you are hitting them or shooting them. It's a cheat and should be addressed. If you rifle butt an enemy, they should not going to be able to beam in a shield generator or a turret or a healing device. They just got hit in the frackin head. Players can't do it in PvP it's not right that PvE enemies should be able to spam healing, sheild and defensive powers when they are being repeatedly struck. And repeatedly striking is a tactic I try to employ to create an expose ... but also to try and prevent the 20 or so beamed in turrets and shield generators. This should be addressed and fixed.