test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strange things are afoot on Empok Nor

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited June 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Right, so I was doing the Empok Nor mission, and weird things started happening. Most notably, enemies would occasionally show up with a blue nametag to indicate a friendly - the tags would switch back and forth between blue and red sometimes when I targeted them. I could still damage them and they still attacked me, but oddly I could revive them if I wanted to after defeating them until their remains faded away.

Quite annoyingly I was also able to target, and fire on, my Bridge Officers. this only happened when I was fighting enemies showing up with blue nametags - after defeating one, it would switch to the next target like it normally does, however if there was a Bridge Officer in view I would end up accidentally attacking them. I could also fire on my BO's Support Drones and Cover Shields.

I don't know if this has been reported before, but it makes the whole thing a lot more difficult when you have to individually click on each enemy to avoid hitting a BO. I first encountered it doing the mission last night, when I believe there was some account maintenance or something going on so I thought they could have been related. I quit and continued the mission on this morning where I found the glitch was still happening, however it went away as I progressed through the mission and didn't happen again.

Only shot I got was of me firing upon a blue-nametagged enemy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Right, so I was doing the Empok Nor mission, and weird things started happening. Most notably, enemies would occasionally show up with a blue nametag to indicate a friendly - the tags would switch back and forth between blue and red sometimes when I targeted them. I could still damage them and they still attacked me, but oddly I could revive them if I wanted to after defeating them until their remains faded away.

Quite annoyingly I was also able to target, and fire on, my Bridge Officers. this only happened when I was fighting enemies showing up with blue nametags - after defeating one, it would switch to the next target like it normally does, however if there was a Bridge Officer in view I would end up accidentally attacking them. I could also fire on my BO's Support Drones and Cover Shields.

I don't know if this has been reported before, but it makes the whole thing a lot more difficult when you have to individually click on each enemy to avoid hitting a BO. I first encountered it doing the mission last night, when I believe there was some account maintenance or something going on so I thought they could have been related. I quit and continued the mission on this morning where I found the glitch was still happening, however it went away as I progressed through the mission and didn't happen again.

Only shot I got was of me firing upon a blue-nametagged enemy.

IIRC that is part of the mission. The gas being used acts as a "confuse." (EG: you can target and fire on allies). I'm pretty sure the NPC chat mentions that.

(Edit: I remembered correctly as I just checked the Wiki and one of the mission objectives is to "Activate the Ventilation system" to clear the gas.)