test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daily mission timer reset to 20hrs w/o me completing it

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ticket # 874,351

I accepted the B'tran daily, and before I started it I joined a group that had it at a higher difficulty. I thought that if I dropped the mission I could reacquire it at their level. (Not sure that was needed but did so anyway...) So, I go back to to get the mission and it's timer was back to 20 hours!

Not sure if this is a bug or a 'feature'. In either case, it's wrong. The timer should only reset upon mission completion! :mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's because the way the timer resets works the same way as the STFs. And you don't want people to haven't completed it to be able to drop and just repickup the mission because that would allow people to constantly farm the easy first space parts of the STFs for loot, then reset it and do it again.

As you pointed out, it wasn't needed for you to reget the mission for the exploration daily, so there's really no real reason for them to change this.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Also, as you know, the timer starts from when you take the daily mission.

If you were to take the mission but NOT do it that day, you can do that mission the NEXT day, and if the 20 hours have passed, you can take the daily again immediately.

So, a good rule of thumb on daily's (PVP and Explore) is to always take the missions when you first log on, even if you don't think you'll have time to do them right away or at all that day. That way, you don't lose any ground by skipping the mission entirely.