test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground combat after recent patches

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After recent patches, my character's movement has become completely broken. I can no longer roll sideways and forward/backward rolls both go in the same direction. I have tried this out with multiple options settings and it is the same for all of them. using the a and d keys now just makes the camera attempt to move whereas before this would let me roll. Using q and e is hit and miss as to whether it works and when it does it is in a completely unpredictable direction.

also, i can no longer turn from enemies (even using the allow turning option) when crouched and when standing the camera's movement makes doing this confusing to follow for me during combat. The result of this is that for me to fight effectively i have to be crouched in a single position, but this leads to getting swarmed very quickly and has become hugely frustrating. I loved the old movement and camera control methods and imo they worked very well and ground combat was fun and interesting and had many layers to it, now it's just becoming frustrating; i hope it's just a bug and can be squashed soon

ticket number: 873321

EDIT: the above counts for both strafing and rolling, which are vital parts of ground combat (i.e. where i have used the word rolling, strafing could be used as well)
The keys that used to perform this function now only move the camera
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    /sign

I have the same bug with the camera.
    Before the last Patch im steering with the right mouse key, my char follows the movement from the mouse.
    Now, this movement only works if im out of fight.
    If im in fight i have on the right mouse key a free camera look.
    Thats a big Handycap in Ground PvP and i hope it will be fixed soon.

Sometimes i have a free camera look out of fight too, changing all options doesnt help, only restart from STO will help.

Wrote a week ago a ticket too about this.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    the most annoying part for me is that ground combat was my favourite aspect of STO and this one bug has made me completely stop enjoying it. On another note, i've only had one ground combat mission in the past 2 days (exploring the B'tran cluster), have the probablilities for this type of mission been changed or have i just been unlucky?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    After further testing, this appears to be a map specific bug as some maps are fine and in other the movement just doesn't work, i'll bug any map that i find has these issues