test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Money exploit

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have found a money exploit in the game. One that could make you a million energy credits in a matter of minutes. It is never ending, and I hesitate to speak it out loud as it could smash your games economy with a hammer (it is that broken of an exploit.) For the love of all that is holy I need someone from Cryptic to message me..... I don't really want to get into the specifics, but needless to say I can make money on almost any item in the entire game. It is also a never ending exploit. I haven't touched the game in a week, but it would be in your best interest to send me a message so at least I can talk to someone personally.

I must say I'm somewhat annoyed that I even have to be finding this huge oversight as I would have expected this to be fixed during beta testing. I mean I could basically do all that illegal mumbo jumbo with selling in game credits for real money - that a lot of other people seem to do and basically make enough to play this game for life, but I will do the right thing and report it and probably only play this game a month. If someone could message me as I would like to keep the exploit off of the forums.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Reading your post I really get this feeling: http://www.buglercoaches.co.uk/images/users_images/Detective.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've been reading a lot of the Dresden Files lately, which is a very good read if your interested. But the exploit is bad news for Cryptic if more people found out about it. If I cared to use the exploit in a few hours I could have all the blue or purple X class weapons, shields, and anything else from the exchange that I wanted as well as any ship I so desired.

Any infinite money exploit makes currency null and void, which means that anything you so desire is yours w/o any effort. As nice as instant gratification is, it kind of defeats the point of playing an MMO that is built on progression. It's also a way to make easy real money if I cared to set up a sight selling it. However since I have done about 10+ years of determined beta testing games it's not really my style to take advantage of something this big. Before I walk away from this game I at least want to do the right thing and let the devs know about it. The lack of GM response ingame when I found out this issue was very disconcerting.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    double post
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You learned how to use the exchange? :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    if you really want the attention of the devs, report yourself. I just reported you.

you may get moderated, the thread may get closed. But if you get anything more than a warning I sincerally apoligize.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Pretty sure you can just (and should) send a PM to a moderator, GM_Litana, or GM_Destra, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hello MasterofM,

Thank you for bringing attention to this potential issue, however it is much more effective to submit an ingame ticket which details the issue.

If you have reported the issue already in-game, please reply with the bug number. You may also join IRC from our website to inform myself, Cryptic_DScotty or Cryptic_Jaguars personally.

Generally speaking anytime a player comes across any issue, we ask that you report it via the in game bug utility and record the number, so in the event you elect to further pursue informing Cryptic we have an easy number to reference. We'll need to verify the issue and then send it off to the appropriate staff for fixing.