What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

=/\= The 12th Fleet =/\=

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    New Enterprise looks awesome! I want one, I need one, oh baby oh baby!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wow! Son is getting a root canal, and I'm in the dentist's office on my laptop going through the forums! Man, my folks grew up in the wrong age. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    soonerjrj wrote: »
    Wow! Son is getting a root canal, and I'm in the dentist's office on my laptop going through the forums! Man, my folks grew up in the wrong age. :)

My dad got to see STO for the first time a couple weeks ago when they came up for a visit, he said when he was watching TOS when they were first coming on he never imagined a game like this would ever be possible. After he said that I started thinking, what other TV shows have had 28 years on the air not counting reruns, Ten movies, and who knows how many board games, rpg games, and video games?
    My father watched all the shows, I've seen all the shows, and my daughter has seen most and loves those blue guys from enterprise lol! Three generations of fans and counting.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Enterprise F...............................................Bring it on.......:)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I've been very curious about applying to join this fleet for a while now, but one of the main things I'm not sure about yet is RP. Since the original post in this thread was made, how has the situation with roleplay in regards to this fleet changed? I've been a bit too worried up until now that the IC divisions were linked a bit too much to OOC roles for me to be comfortable with it, but I still haven't really seen anything more than what's shown here in this thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nishka is best qualified to handle answering this type of question :)
    I have no doubt Nishka will be along shortly to do so.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Good Morning everyone, hope everyone has a good day. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I've been very curious about applying to join this fleet for a while now, but one of the main things I'm not sure about yet is RP. Since the original post in this thread was made, how has the situation with roleplay in regards to this fleet changed? I've been a bit too worried up until now that the IC divisions were linked a bit too much to OOC roles for me to be comfortable with it, but I still haven't really seen anything more than what's shown here in this thread.

About 75% of the RPing is currently forum RP, we intend to get more in-game RPing going on and our medical division is focussing on this, but since it's vacation time and several key people are either on vacation or are backing up other key people we're low on organisation skills to get things going in this aspect.

I do hope to get this more going again, especially when the new weekly series come out. Those are perfect to be RPed, but in general we're also developing foundry projects for RP purposes.

If you want you can register an account on our forums and pm me (Nishka on there too) for access to the RP forums. You can look around then and see if it's to your liking or not.

In game we mostly focus on playing missions as if we're really starfleet officers. We're also hitting the social zones from time to time, but I for one like to combine action with text based RP and this is actually ideal to level up an alt as well, in a fun way.

If you have more questions or specific questions it's probably easiest to pm me on the 12th fleet forums, I check my pm's several times a day there, while it's easy for me to miss a message on these forums. (Unless you send me a STO mail of course, but I check my pm's more regularly.)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It is going to be hot...hot...hot...100 here in the North East Today....Heat Index of 110. That is Hot for this part of NY. Anyway hope you are all staying cool and having a good day! Off to work.:)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    speedvalve wrote: »
    It is going to be hot...hot...hot...100 here in the North East Today....Heat Index of 110. That is Hot for this part of NY. Anyway hope you are all staying cool and having a good day! Off to work.:)

I'm right their with you shelby, 104 here in texas with an index of 115. HOT! However I know in the south area's it may say 96 but with humidity it feels like 120, imagine walking outside and being drenched in seconds, no fun at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    speedvalve wrote: »

I'm happy that awe have very moderate temperatures here. We also have airco at work though, so it's cool here either way.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Morning everyone, I will not be around much friday or saturday. I've got inventory at work and will be here all night friday and probable all day and night saturday too. I'll try and get some posts in friday morning and maybe the afternoon. I would face a dozen cubes in a runabout before having to do this lol :mad:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So I'm glad they're doin all this Ent F and SFA stuff, but I really want my Captain's Database back.

And another thing . . .

I want a 12th Fleet banner in that Academy! We're only the most looked at fleet on STO! Really?!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Lol, but we only hire people that already passed the academy, don't we? :p

I mean, everybody in the tutorial starts as an ensign and you can only be an ensign after you passed the academy training. ;)

It would be nice if we could actually make a banner in-game with the fleet logo though, I'd put such a banner in my ready room and ship lounge. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Nishka this question was put forward earlier. I figured you could answer it best.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Good afternoon, Fleet!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    "Lets make sure ... history never forgets the name.... Enterprise"
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nasa's darkest hour, with the Atlantis completing it's final mission.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm looking forward to visiting the academy. Yay!!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    JEGA wrote: »
    Nasa's darkest hour, with the Atlantis completing it's final mission.

Look how we have gone backwards though, we spent years building a space vehicle to get to the moon and then we do shuttle missions around the earth for thirty years. I am by no means harping on the brave men and women that made the shuttle program great but nasa threw it in reverse for thirty years. Granted huble and much of the work they did was great but we need something to explore, not just take a walk around our own block.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The space Buick needed to be replaced for like 20 years... I am hoping we might see some real advancement in space flight again.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Okay, now to grab two hours sleep before getting up for work. BUT Captain America at midnight was worth it! Even the wife enjoyed it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    soonerjrj wrote: »
    Okay, now to grab two hours sleep before getting up for work. BUT Captain America at midnight was worth it! Even the wife enjoyed it.

Sweet, I definitely want to see that movie... Still have to wait about a month though. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Anybody got any plans for the weekend?

I'm finally going to see transformers 3. Took my friends long enough to pick a date and get them all informed... /Sigh...

Anyway, it should be fun!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Captain America time!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    May take my daughter back to Cap. She was worn out and missed parts.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    the Vulcan Kohlinar fleet is creeping up on our post count. currently they are approximately 4,000 posts behind us.

We need to open that gap up..

So bump for the best fleet in STO.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Bout to get me some c-store stuff!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Me want Enterprise-F!

Itching for a new ship. Not been anything new out since the MVAM (which wasn't really a new ship)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have posted a new Enterprise-F discussion thread including some new pictures!