test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing one of my exclusive items, "Turret Launcher"

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Who should I talk to if I have not received one of my exclusive items? I bought the Deluxe Edition on steam and it says "includes a Steam-exclusive Turret Launcher – This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret. " however it is not in the C-store, All the other exclusives are.

update: after people saying this item is not real or that its a different Item i present the following screen shot
http://www.technocrew.net/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6187&g2_serialNumber=2

this is NOT the automated defense console it is very different and is advertised on the steam site:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901222/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now, I miss my "Tribble Launcher". :D

SCNR
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I believe the item you are looking for is the "Automated Defense Turret".

In the C-Store this is listed as "Unique Ship Weapon - Automated Defense Battery". This is the tactical console which gives you the automatic phaser turret and provides a small additional DPS.

If this resolves the issue, you can feel free to close out your billing tickets. Otherwise, they'll be processed as soon as they get to the front of the queue.

Hope the helps! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GM_Litana wrote:
    I believe the item you are looking for is the "Automated Defense Turret".

In the C-Store this is listed as "Unique Ship Weapon - Automated Defense Battery". This is the tactical console which gives you the automatic phaser turret and provides a small additional DPS.

If this resolves the issue, you can feel free to close out your billing tickets. Otherwise, they'll be processed as soon as they get to the front of the queue.

Hope the helps! :)

thanks for the response. I do have the automated defense battery but it very clearly says it also gives a "Turret Launcher"

link to site:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/901222/

its in the very first paragraph under Digital Deluxe Edition.
    if they have posted the wrong item then someone needs to let them know as this is very misleading.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I did submit a bug for this and got this reply:
    "We have reviewed your account and based on the information available to us you are not eligible to receive the Turret Launcher. If you feel this information is incorrect please update this ticket with as much information as possible and we will be more than happy to look further into it. Thank you for playing!"

I did purchase the deluxe edition on steam and the website (that i linked above) clearly says that it gives a turret launcher. how can I prove to them that I bought the deluxe edition off of steam? I think I have na e-mail receipt, is there a help e-mail that I can forward a copy of it to along with a link to the site? getting a bit frustrated and feel miss-lead.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We're looking into it. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you for being so helpful Litana!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think the 'turret launcher' is a new promotion. I highly doubt it's retroactive.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if it's retroactive for those of us who bought it on Steam at launch.

If this is a new item, it's likely that the patch containing it hasn't been released yet.

Pure conjecture, of course - I don't actually know what I'm talking about. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jeff-El wrote:
    Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if it's retroactive for those of us who bought it on Steam at launch.

If this is a new item, it's likely that the patch containing it hasn't been released yet.

Pure conjecture, of course - I don't actually know what I'm talking about. :D

I could be wrong but I think it is just a sly wording and it is actually the item the GM mentioned.

If you read it it does just say 5 unlocks.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I've gotten confirmation that the "Phaser Turret" on that page is actually referring to the Automated Defense Battery/Automated Defense Turret.

The Steam page is in the process of being clarified to prevent further confusion.

Thanks for posting about this!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GM_Litana wrote:
    I've gotten confirmation that the "Phaser Turret" on that page is actually referring to the Automated Defense Battery/Automated Defense Turret.

The Steam page is in the process of being clarified to prevent further confusion.

I suggest you go back to them again then because they are clearly mistaken, maybe the full text of the page makes it clear that what is being refered to is a diferent thing.

Digital Deluxe Edition

Now includes a Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret – This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret.

After redeeming your key, your exclusive item will be available in the C-Store’s Special Unlocks tab.
    The Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition offers such bonuses as five exclusive in-game items as well as the ability to play as a “Joined Trill” – a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The five exclusive in-game items include:

■Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).
    ■Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”
    ■Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.
    ■Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.
    ■Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range

Notice they are both refered to seperately and some distance apart, they are not the same item.

P.S. D2D is also offering a new item that was not originally offered prelaunch so there has clearly been some new items added to certain versions of the game.

Txt from D2D DDE is below for clarity....

LIMITED TIME BONUS ITEM - Radiometric Converter
    This starship Engineering Console Mod absorbs theta radiation from incoming attacks and sends the energy directly to your EPS conduits to increase your ships power levels.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GM_Litana wrote:

Since this is the case, this would be the first time that the 'Automated Defense Turret' is being offered with Standard Retail Package... http://store.steampowered.com/app/9900/
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I assure you this item is real! it might not be a steam item but i have seen it, the reason i made this post was because someone linked to it in chat (and it did say "deploys lvl X turret" and was a console) when I asked where they got it they said they got it from steam. I really really wish i took a screen shot because it would settle this matter much faster. if ANYONE has this item can you please post a screen shot to it and tell us how you got it! Litana, could possibly you talk to the person that makes items and ask if they ever made a Space Phaser Turret deploying console? if it is real then I wont feel like I'm on crazy pills here. Also, if its real where can we get it!?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok, I got a screen shot of this "item that is not real".
    http://www.technocrew.net/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6187&g2_serialNumber=2

incase my site goes down it says:

Console - Tactical - Light Phaser Satellite Turret
    Rare ship tactical console
    bound

Deploy Satellite Phaser Turret
    Creates a lvl 11 light satellite phaser turret for 180 sec

The player that got it said they got it from steam. so with proof the item is real with numerous references to steam giving this item can I PLEASE get my item?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    update: received another reply to my GM help ticket saying I should have the Item, its still not there. I looked in the C-store Special Unlocks and carefully read over each one of them and still no turret launcher. I replied back with the same link I posted above so that they know exactly which item it is I don't have.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seems that there is some kind of miscommunication going on in Cryptic, would be nice if they actually tod their GMs what was going on rather than making them research everything themselves from scratch!

If people have previously been able to get this item from Steam it should not be removed without warning, anyone should be able to get it, unless you are planning on removing it from players that already have it...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok, we have followed up and determined the source of the confusion. This item is specifically a promotional item, available for a limited time, and it is in addition to the normal items unlocked with a Steam purchase.

The Phaser Turret Launcher is available to new Steam copies (regular and collector's edition) purchased from 3/18 through 5/31. If you purchased through Steam outside of this range, you would not be eligible for the promo item.

I'm sorry for the confusion last week. I hope this clears things up!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Litana, as appreciative as I am for your help in this matter its very difficult for me not to be negative about this. maybe I'm in the minority but because this item is not retro-actively applied it feels like a slap in the face. instead of being a "hey thanks for playing our game here is a free item! and all new players can get it too!" it turns in to a "hey all new players get a free item, oh your all ready playing? well then bugger off". its just very insulting.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dr.Danger wrote:
    Thanks Litana, as appreciative as I am for your help in this matter its very difficult for me not to be negative about this. maybe I'm in the minority but because this item is not retro-actively applied it feels like a slap in the face. instead of being a "hey thanks for playing our game here is a free item! and all new players can get it too!" it turns in to a "hey all new players get a free item, oh your all ready playing? well then bugger off". its just very insulting.

Direct your rage at Atari's marketing department; they love doing stuff like this. They're also behind the "free TOS uniforms for all!" promotion, and the various hiccups with the Mirror Universe uniforms (marketing promised more than the devs had intended).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    they did the same thing to people with promogate, atari just seem to have no respect for their customers at all...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dr.Danger wrote:

So they have a rotating series of different unique items to continue attracting new customers and this is bad, simply because you didnt get it too ? Seems to me that the Chromodynamic armor isnt in this Steam promotion. I got that bonus, they get this one. Seems fine to me. Probably will be useful for just as long too!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GM_Litana wrote:
    Ok, we have followed up and determined the source of the confusion. This item is specifically a promotional item, available for a limited time, and it is in addition to the normal items unlocked with a Steam purchase.

The Phaser Turret Launcher is available to new Steam copies (regular and collector's edition) purchased from 3/18 through 5/31. If you purchased through Steam outside of this range, you would not be eligible for the promo item.

I'm sorry for the confusion last week. I hope this clears things up!

The Steam page for Star Trek Online DDE is still confusing:
    Now includes a Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret – This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret.

<snip>
    Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

"allows you to deploy" certainly sounds like the Turret Launcher. It's not listed as an item in the included extras though. The only thing close to the Launcher is the item listed as the Automated Defense Battery.