test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Capulet...

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archanubis wrote:
    Poor hort's head is going to explode when he reads this.

It's been exploding all morning already.... *achoo!!* Ughhh :(
    Capulet wrote: »
    Too bad, an Optimus made from Domino's boxes would have been funny to see. Pizza Prime, leader of the autoboxes.

MMMmmmmm Pizza Prime..... Anyone else get the little mcdonalds transformers? I liked the hot cakes pterodactyl!
    Beast Wars counts? For me it's G1 and the live action moves, and that's about it

I was the right age when Beast Wars came out. It'll always have a soft spot in my heart. Beast Machines though.... ugh.
    edited August 2010
    Being from teh G1 crowd, if Optimus isn't voiced by Peter Cullen, it just isn't the same
    edited August 2010
    There are Transformers cartoons without Peter Cullen? Blasphemy!!!

This still gives me goosebumps! <Flies geek flag proudly!>
    edited August 2010

This still gives me goosebumps! <Flies geek flag proudly!>

WOW! and with no electronic support.. SWEET!
    edited August 2010

Oh yeah - and in one episode of the series, they even killed him before he wakes up. :D
    edited August 2010
    Your discussion

my level of understanding of what your talking to the same level. Point made...
    edited August 2010
    Cappy, will you mallett all these unbelievers... Thanks

/mumbles underbreath
    edited August 2010
    Cappy, will you mallett all these unbelievers... Thanks

/mumbles underbreath

I am not a unbeliever, I just limit my interests to Star Trek, Model Railways, Warhammer, with a little bit of reading and other computer gaming too.

We Brits don't get much Japanese Anime over here. Pokemon was probably the only major one broadcast. Everything else is European or American, or, luckily, British. :cool:
    edited August 2010
    Transformers was Japanese, but I wouldn't call it anime.
    edited August 2010
    Transformers was Japanese, but I wouldn't call it anime.

Even though it's origins are in Japan, I wouldn't even call it Japanese anymore.
    edited August 2010
    What's a good way to get into warhammer 40k? I saw like a $90 kit that had basic marine/ork armies and an abridged instruction book. Is that a good way, or is it better to get the real book and just choose an army right away?

Or is it best to just find someone else playing it and watch? I don't know anyone who plays it... I guess I could just peak in the windows of a gaming shop overnight. I've done worse :rolleyes:
    edited August 2010
    hort_wort wrote: »
    What's a good way to get into warhammer 40k? I saw like a $90 kit that had basic marine/ork armies and an abridged instruction book. Is that a good way, or is it better to get the real book and just choose an army right away?

Or is it best to just find someone else playing it and watch? I don't know anyone who plays it... I guess I could just peak in the windows of a gaming shop overnight. I've done worse :rolleyes:

find a group that plays and run a few games with them to get used to it, then go out and buy a starter set... no point in wasting $100 + if nobody can play with you
    edited August 2010
    Anything made after the first animated movie was garbage. That includes all the episodes and toys.
    edited August 2010

I'd watch first. Though I'm ploughing straight in with Marines. You can catch what I'm doing in the Warhammer thread.
    edited August 2010
    Warhammer....? Is that we are calling Cappy's Mallett these days?
    edited August 2010
    Warhammer....? Is that we are calling Cappy's Mallett these days?

It was always a war hammer, she just liked giving it special names. I think this week it's "Fred." :p
    edited August 2010
    Archanubis wrote:
    It was always a war hammer, she just liked giving it special names. I think this week it's "Fred." :p

So wait.... what the heck was she talking about when she wanted to introduce me to her little friend?
    edited August 2010
    So wait.... what the heck was she talking about when she wanted to introduce me to her little friend?

Probably the big muscly looking guy in the corner there that scowling at everyone but Capulet.
    edited August 2010
    wrote:
    That is a miniature war-hammer for special occasional...

And I'd suggest going down to your local GW store/outlet and ask for some trial games, over in the UK at least, the stores will almost always agro you into submission with either offers of painting tutorials (which got me) or with offers of taster games (usually some space marines V Orks) They're usually really helpful, alternatively you can go there, chat, ask about the game, and maybe find someone willing to give you a "hands-on" session...

*watches Horts ears pirk up*

Well, not what you're hoping for, whilst girls do play the game, it's likely you'll be meeting more guys, so if you swing that way, you're in luck, else... you'll certainly get to know the game better, and one may let you try out with one of their armies. Thats how my housemate got into the game.
    edited August 2010

1. Watch some other people play it.
    2. Play the Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2 games. This will give you a feel for the flavor of the factions.
    3. Read some 'fluff'. There is a very large collection of books called 'The Black Library' that details the world of Warhammer 40k.
    4. Read Shinji 40k.
    5. Select an army and build.
    edited August 2010
    sorry to break up the conversation but, Capulet I found your car.
    edited August 2010
    Oh my! I like. oh here's many more pics of the same car. Diff angles and some close up. I think i found a reason for my savings.
    edited August 2010
    I'd drive it.
    edited August 2010
    I'd CENSORED it.
    edited August 2010
    Good Morning Cappy!
    edited August 2010
    Good Afternoon Cappy. :p
    edited August 2010
    O_
    edited August 2010
    Cappy loves the smell of burnt time at any moment of the day. :D
    edited August 2010
    I'm not burned! I'm delicious and nutritious. I am a lot of time though, very needy.
    edited August 2010
    Is this the part where we stick a fork in Hort to see if he's done?
This discussion has been closed.