Capulet...

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The Sun never sets on the Imperium Capuleta
    edited November 2011
    JCSWW wrote: »
    AAC is Aple Audio Codec. Lossless (better known as FLAC) is a file format that doesn't lose quality when converting audio to it. Apple has their ALC which isn't even as good at a 256kbps MP3.

*headdesk* Ok that is quite a lot of tech stuff. Will I hear the difference> :rolleyes:
    edited November 2011
    nice find i sent more o nthe generation before that one Cappy..

Oh Archie they must train them to ignore common law in the greed to keep you damage deposit they can do many strange and interestign things.. Give you a perfect check out sheet then forget you gave notice

then they can try to get a person to pay a months rent for them not tryign to rent the place out.. .

i love my music stream and turned down the wifi feed on brothers ipod computer..
    edited November 2011
    Capulet wrote: »
    *headdesk* Ok that is quite a lot of tech stuff. Will I hear the difference> :rolleyes:

Only if you have very good hearing.

If you use regular FLAC (not Apple's AAC) compression its basically the same as listening to a WAV (raw, uncompressed audiio) file
    edited November 2011
    Well i cannot complain at all. i just fired up a very new MMO and maxed out the settings and ran at 50fps steady. Not bad for a video card under $100. :) I wonder what it will do on DCUO or STO. All grins here.
    edited November 2011
    Nice, cappy! :D
    edited November 2011
    color me a tad disappointed. maxed out STO settings and it didn't look different at all in space. Ground there was a fair difference. All in all the game ran much smoother and faster.
    edited November 2011
    Capulet wrote: »
    color me a tad disappointed. maxed out STO settings and it didn't look different at all in space. Ground there was a fair difference. All in all the game ran much smoother and faster.

You can't fault hte card for that. Blame Cryptic's primative game engine! Glad your happy with the new card though. (=
    edited November 2011
    You can't fault hte card for that. Blame Cryptic's primative game engine! Glad your happy with the new card though. (=

Some textures have imprived on tribble [the engine is a geezer] I have DX 9.c. .ay low settings it crashes me at ESD even on the lowest settings because im cheap and casnt get more ram.

they had trouble updating to true DX 10 or 11... [they had fewer codemonkeys then needed ]

Oh i feel that pain. of Snow.. smooth and fast.. I used to game like that with a 400 DX and Microprose X-Com

Ever have a VooDOo Card and Open Glide Quake? Great sound and trent resnor music ambeiance..

oh BACON..
    edited November 2011
    Congratulations Cappy for upgrading your video card :3 They were talking about audio be cause they were wondering what format of audio the radio show uses for their downloads.

And the radio show does have an archived bunch of episodes, I think I'm in the Eurogamer one, and the MCM expos. I'll also be on the live show this Monday I believe.

The site is over at www.thegeekshow.co.uk ^_^
    edited November 2011
    http://thegeekshow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Momijisu_avatar-80x80.jpg
    Thus we are so enlighten by Domo-kun

I should like to have the Olive tree Lemon tree Palm tree too!
    ===================
    Now greatly powered up buff
    from Herbal Teas
    last night we had a nice Lemon Vanilla Chamomile
    prior to a Peppermint :D
    edited November 2011
    Found! AUCH nuuuuu O-o
    edited November 2011
    Quite attempting the Mp3 ..but first a doughnut is needed to think on
    edited November 2011
    Sounds like a tasty topic to think on =D
    edited November 2011
    SenshiBat wrote: »
    Some textures have imprived on tribble [the engine is a geezer] I have DX 9.c. .ay low settings it crashes me at ESD even on the lowest settings because im cheap and casnt get more ram.

they had trouble updating to true DX 10 or 11... [they had fewer codemonkeys then needed ]

Oh i feel that pain. of Snow.. smooth and fast.. I used to game like that with a 400 DX and Microprose X-Com

Ever have a VooDOo Card and Open Glide Quake? Great sound and trent resnor music ambeiance..

oh BACON..

They have on Holodeck as well since the code has a half arsed DX11 implementation. Personally, I am hoping this is the surprise the Acting Exective Producer mentioned int he b/s blog. You can force DX11 with a few tricks and you reqally see some things improve, especially the games performance. However, there are a lot of textures and such that get worse, hence it being very imcomplete.
    edited November 2011
    ironically on a side bar he was AFTER all the Chief Code Monkey
    and Final hand on things before they were approved by zinc Dan zinc again

of course cut scenes and previews videos aren't always rendered w in game engines the players would see.. but I mean Ive seen the date on the BF2 box and its graphics in a full pvp battle on my old card with 1/4 the men and it was better fast action fps performance frame rates on DIAL UP.

So blame game st JAmes for MS DX or the OEM card for their code all you want..but its ROM dependant under utilizing the VID card memory.. SEGA Creative Assembly Total War series had a real BEst on Preferred Video Card Deal with Nvidia hit one button on game settings menu and it optimized and calibrated the card for game performance

We could have 200 planes w build in VOIP to communicate in AIR WArrior in the 90's DAIL UP
    of course that was a 3d skin and many add on details were optional but they worked never had fatal errors forced on my Vid Card in Beta and Alpha..
    and we had full 360 3D aerial Full Physics Rumble feedback Combat

The sacrifice was the ground target pixel count.. But like STO in Air warrior it was all about the PLAne you flew how its cockpit and exterior were rendered.. and it was really beautiful.. Model Building paiting nirvana
    in my K- 84 http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=japanese+planes+of+ww2&view=detail&id=81C36FCC8F284B4A186B41490DB900BBF59FDB3B&first=0

or ME-109 Franz
    edited November 2011
    momiji wrote: »
    Sounds like a tasty topic to think on =D

oh yes it was like a sticky bun almost with a lemon flavoured Glaze.
    edited November 2011
    I couldn't care less about the sutscenes all but wanting to be able to skp each and every one! DX11 adds a look to this game it should of had from the beginning. I know some won't notice it when and if it ever hits but those with DX11 or even DX10.1 GPU's will see some changes, if those instructions make it into our video options. Same goes for the sound also. When you're forced to turn of voice overs because the Dabo hologram just won't shut up or are just sick of listening to the Reman Butterball whine. :D
    edited November 2011
    Yes they needed Bill Roper to Direct the VO and add to the files any one that plays for any extended time thinks theyr caught in a causality loop GROUNDHOG DAY effect.. The Drozana Feringie Techno musics ok
    but i cant listen to ABBY ROAD 80 times in a row and not wish for someting new.. They have a ncie Audio Office and LEad but its all budget driven squeeze the most out with a rush to launch day one mind set.

i belive the re masters are two fold 1 to be as they wanted at launch and 2 to train new people to the new tools

we know card companies we very hesitanit to share code completly w MS in fear of DX back engineers makign a MS Card to dominate them later.
    edited November 2011
    How is STO these days? I haven't logged in for a few months :S
    edited November 2011
    momiji wrote: »
    How is STO these days? I haven't logged in for a few months :S

Same as always! 50,000 posts on why the ganme is dying or why the game sucks, posted by the haters. Although no new content for awhile, there have been some interesting tweeks to how things are done graphically on land and in space.
    edited November 2011
    Speaking of Groundhog Day, Bill Muray would make a great Ferengi. :D
    edited November 2011
    Wouldn't he... im not sure if hes a Penguin for a Batman flick but def see him and his brother working the rules of acquisition.. with the McKenzie Brothers.. JJ First Contact... Hello would you like to make a deal?

Mr Worf what are they?
    Will?
    Deanna?

I think they are Merchants Sir..
    Sugest yellow alert..
    I feel a strong earge to unload goodies at higher mark up.

Not Hate just a GAMBARE.. you can do better keep up dotn give up Gambare
    edited November 2011
    If JJ rebooted First contact;

The Enterprise E would have pew pew cannons.
    The Borg interior would have more lights.
    The battle in Engineering would involve lightsabers
    The borg cube would be shaped more like this.
    edited November 2011
    <Hugs> Bingo! hes PALPATINE
    edited November 2011
    haha, I would have to disagree, but as a funny piece of lol that does it's job...

It certainly would contain more pewpew explosions though and lense flare.
    edited November 2011
    As far as I'm concerned, JJ needs to stay far, FAR away from anything Trek. For a comedy very of Tred though, I think the cast would be as follows, if it were TNG based.

Captain Picard: Vern Troyer
    Commander Williams Riker: (it's too bad George Carlin is dead) Ryan Reynolds
    Lieutenent Commander Data: Christian Bale (not funny by any means but just has the look)
    Lieutenent Worf: Morgan Freeman (again, not funny but would suit the role)
    Counsellor Diana Troi: Howard Stern
    Chief Engineer Gordi LaForge:
    Doctor Beverley Crusher: Sasha Grey
    Ensign Wesley Crusher: Real Doll of Justin Bieber

Romulan: Jack Nicholson

Anyway, I'll let those names disturb some of you. :D
    edited November 2011
    As far as I'm concerned, JJ needs to stay far, FAR away from anything Trek. For a comedy very of Tired though, I think the cast would be as follows, if it were TNG based.

Captain Picard: Vern Troyer
    Commander Williams Riker: (it's too bad George Carlin is dead) Ryan Reynolds
    Lieutenant Commander Data: Christian Bale (not funny by any means but just has the look)
    Lieutenant Worf: Morgan Freeman (again, not funny but would suit the role)
    Counsellor Diana Troi: Howard Stern
    Chief Engineer Geordi LaForge:
    Doctor Beverley Crusher: Sasha Grey
    Ensign Wesley Crusher: Real Doll of Justin Bieber

Romulan: Jack Nicholson

Anyway, I'll let those names disturb some of you. :D
    Honorable Mention
    Selena Gomez[DOFF}
    Cary Ewes
    Paul Rubens [hes def has spiners quirky humour]
    Dang mangy Wheres the more Latina/latin Cook Paul Rodriguez hum Mariachi
    The Praetor Snoop Dog..
    Advisor Jimmy Kimmel
    10 Forward bartender hum .. maybe not klaus nomi DAVID BOWIE
    guest Elton John
    NERO II [jesse Ventura]
    edited November 2011
    And the Knight Industries Two-Thousand (K.I.T.T.) as Shuttle Craft 2. :D
    edited November 2011
    And the Knight Industries Two-Thousand (K.I.T.T.) as Shuttle Craft 2. :D

and K - 9 as SPot and i want robbie the robot on a planet they visit on a health and welfare Morbius inspection

Chevy Chase
    Jerry seinfeld
    and everybody loves raymond as cameo Vulcans

with Gene Wilder as Surak

BETTE MIDLER as Trois Mother
    and Mel Brooks as Father time

Letterman as ADM Forest
    music by phil spector burr letterman's band director w MArsalis
This discussion has been closed.