test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too many Inventory Slots/Promotion mission bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Bug #777,249

After the Season One patch, I was given the mission for "Promotion to Commander". Now at the time, my KDF character was already a commander.

I go see J'mpok to clear it, and he keeps resetting, not actually progressing to the point of sending me to the next NPC to select new T3 ship. Once he finally decides I can move on, I'm rewarded with a ton of new Inventory slots.

Normally, you receive 6 new slots at each new rank. Well currently my CM3 has 90 (Yes NINETY) inventory slots.

Now while I'm ok with having all this, it does seem a little unfair to others that didn't get this little bug, not to mention that my RA5 Fed character doesn't have this many slots.

Obviously it's not game breaking, nor is it an exploit someone can take advantage of, least not that I'm aware of. I simply kept hitting Continue when speaking to the NPC, trying to get the mission to progress.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Jabubu wrote:
    Bug #777,249

After the Season One patch, I was given the mission for "Promotion to Commander". Now at the time, my KDF character was already a commander.

I go see J'mpok to clear it, and he keeps resetting, not actually progressing to the point of sending me to the next NPC to select new T3 ship. Once he finally decides I can move on, I'm rewarded with a ton of new Inventory slots.

Normally, you receive 6 new slots at each new rank. Well currently my CM3 has 90 (Yes NINETY) inventory slots.

Now while I'm ok with having all this, it does seem a little unfair to others that didn't get this little bug, not to mention that my RA5 Fed character doesn't have this many slots.

Obviously it's not game breaking, nor is it an exploit someone can take advantage of, least not that I'm aware of. I simply kept hitting Continue when speaking to the NPC, trying to get the mission to progress.

Commended on your honesty, if only everyone wanted to only have what you are supposed to have.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can corroborate this issue. My Klingon commander (maybe it only affects commanders?) also received the promotion mission a 2nd time. I received some free skill points, another free ship, and another row of inventory slots. Not multiple rows like the original poster, but still a free row, as if I had just been promoted for the first time.

I think OP and I should receive a special reward for our honesty, like the ability to fly Scimitar class warships.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have the exact same issue with my KDF toon. Kinda weirded me out this morning. Hopefully they can reset us back to a normal inventory level. Man this patch went bananas.... For fear of destroying my toons... I am going into a cease play until these issues are resolved. Odd part is, I didn't have these issues on tribble...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Turboxide wrote: »
    For fear of destroying my toons... I am going into a cease play until these issues are resolved. Odd part is, I didn't have these issues on tribble...

I'm not going to stop playing the character, nor do I see how it could corrupt one, I just plan on making sure my inventory doesn't have too much in it, at any given time, so I don't lose items if/when they adjust me back to the correct number of slots. Let's not forget, that getting the mission a second time, also got me a second free T3 ship. Not that money is really an issue, just means I didn't have to spend any, if I decide I want to fly a T3 Raptor for awhile.

If I had only gotten the single row for completing the mission again, I probably wouldn't have said anything, or even thought about it. Hell, I think my RA5 Fed has 1 extra row, since I got the mission for the admiral promotion a second time, back before the patch. Personally, I don't think 6 extra slots is that big a deal, again my issue/concern is with the sheer number I now have.

EDIT: During the short period I was able to get into game, I happened to look in my bank. Damn thing nearly takes up the whole screen now, in fact wit was almost as tall as it is wide. So for each new row of Inventory space I received, I also got another row of Bank space.