test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (March 26, 2010)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday 26, March from 3am to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Another patch? You guys need to get a hobby or something.

But seriously after this big update one can't help but be curious as to what a day after patch might contain.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ansler wrote:
    Another patch? You guys need to get a hobby or something.

But seriously after this big update one can't help but be curious as to what a day after patch might contain.

There were a few bugs listed in the known issues thread (such as stacks on the exchange, broken costume slot) hopefully they'll fix them :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ya it sucked buying an Off-Duty uniform and then not being able to switch back, I had to switch my fleet uniform to my regular one and spend more money not that missing 1000 credits out of 122000 is hurting me.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the notice, though with DST in effect, it's going to be 10 GMT, not 11... :)

We Europeans change our clocks this weekend, but right now PST = GMT-7, not 8.. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Umm, thats 10am to 12pm GMT.
    Just because you've gone into Daylight Savings Time doesn't mean that GMT has changed.

Anyway, new fixes - looking forward to reading the patch notes....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I expected another downtime one day after such a big patch, but I didn't expect it to be 1 hour early. Usually it's at 12:00 noon German Time, now it's at 11:00 morning. I hoped to finish my Daily, but since this came a bit too early for me, I had to abort the mission and the plans of getting my kit will have to wait for another day at least. ^^

Anyway, the downtime itself is no surprise, so let's get it over with and then have fun again.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday 26, March from 3am to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
    Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

you guys should post this stuff on the calendar and not just last second in the forums... so people can plan better.. or do it at 1to3am pst so most people don't notice... i enjoy playing but this kills my mornings... i just got this game 3days ago and so far i've had 2back to back days of patching... not cool..:confused::confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I expected another downtime one day after such a big patch, but I didn't expect it to be 1 hour early. Usually it's at 12:00 noon German Time, now it's at 11:00 morning. [..]

Read the above posts :P
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Meow ... the devs announced a downtime when I was on the game, and they said it will be in 15 minutes (that was 20 minutes ago), so I logged off. So, are you saying it's still online for another hour? I'll go checking.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i just got this game 3days ago and so far i've had 2back to back days of patching... not cool

You wonna be thankfull you wernt here at beta and launch if 2 days of patches and downtime isnt cool....lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    you guys should post this stuff on the calendar and not just last second in the forums... so people can plan better.. or do it at 1to3am pst so most people don't notice... i enjoy playing but this kills my mornings... i just got this game 3days ago and so far i've had 2back to back days of patching... not cool..:confused::confused:

It's an MMO - MMOs have downtime. Usually on STO it's just once a week for two hours, you've just been unlucky in starting right at the release of a major patch.

Though Cryptic - I just managed to log on for about 2 minutes. The 'Scheduled Maintenance' on the loader was still talking about downtime on Thursday 25th, no mention of Friday 26th.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wonder if the german version of "hail starfleet" will show HTML-Tags or strange characters again after the patch. like with EVERY patch before :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Please note that the launcher says that you will be bringing the game and website down on Thursday 25, March from 11am to 2pm GMT.

FYI, It's Friday 26, March 10am GMT now and the game server is down, not the website obviously. Please update this message in the launcher.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

this is quiet normal after a huge patch like we had yesterday, also with st:o you had better get used to a few maintenance times each week, they are usually on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday or any combination of those days and the time slot cryptic use is generally the same each and every time 3am - 5am PST or 11am - 1pm GMT.

though occasionally we do get a patch outside that window, but not often anymore.
    Jonathan_L wrote: »
    Please note that the launcher says that you will be bringing the game and website down on Thursday 25, March from 11am to 2pm GMT.

FYI, It's Friday 26, March 10am GMT now and the game server is down, not the website obviously. Please update this message in the launcher.

also the launcher does not always get updated on a daily basis, i think they have their hands full with making sure the patch works instead up updating the launcher every 5 minutes tbh.

not a fangirl just someone with strong opinions who has ran out of items to make a cup of tea with.......
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No, it's not online. Rotten timing - means I won't be able to log in again before Sunday. :( I only got two hours left before I have to leave for my train. What shall I do? *wail*
    Hm? Do something else? You mean - there actually IS something you can do BESIDES gaming?

;)

Oh well, I guess it's gotta be Sherlock Holmes, then. Or LotRO ...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Has the downtime started early? or does the forum time not match with patch time?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aside from all the patches, Cryptic needs to upgrade their hardware - from bandwidth network speed to hardware processing speed.
    Right now, downloading patch at a crawling speed of ... 2Kbytes per minute.
    And before this down time for patch, my game was plagued with lag. I was unable to enjoy any part of the game at all.
    Season One may be interesting, but lag is killing any interest right away.
    I wonder how many CPU does Cryptic use as servers - 2? 5? Or 200? 500?
    The real wonder is that it was very smooth-going before this patch. I think part of it was caused by a massive "influx" of players to want to explore the new game content. If this is the case, then it is Cryptic's lack of foresight to anticipate and prevent this from happening.
    If other MMO games can work to provide smooth gaming experiences, Cryptic should be able to as well. If they cannot, it is time to consult those who can.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The last few patches for me have download quiet quickly, I haven't had an issue with lag for few weeks. I came online 2 hours after patch and was amazed how well it ran, expected it to lag badly.

imo your doing alright by me Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    jimrose wrote:
    Aside from all the patches, Cryptic needs to upgrade their hardware - from bandwidth network speed to hardware processing speed.
    And before this down time for patch, my game was plagued with lag. I was unable to enjoy any part of the game at all.
    The real wonder is that it was very smooth-going before this patch. I think part of it was caused by a massive "influx" of players to want to explore the new game content. If this is the case, then it is Cryptic's lack of foresight to anticipate and prevent this from happening.
    If other MMO games can work to provide smooth gaming experiences, Cryptic should be able to as well. If they cannot, it is time to consult those who can.

This tiny patch downloaded for me in about two seconds - check your own internet before blaming Cryptic. You've obviously never played an MMO before. Major patch days are always touchy. WoW is 100x worse on a big content patch. This launch was pretty smooth. This game is 100x smoother than most other major MMOs. You lack of common sense is appalling.

PS. Btw Cryptic - what happened to the "fix" for the broken fleet uniform slot that you guys said you had a fix for? Considering this bug was on Tribble since the introduction I find it disappointing that it would be allowed into Holodeck at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    jimrose wrote:

Your issue and not cryptics/ataris ...
    I'm from Aus and I download these patches depending on size from minutes to max an hour *aka tribble upload* ...
    TRIBBLE end of the world and we do better ... figure that one out :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    General
    Respec - Reset the non-stacking free respec token gift so that all users will once again have one free Respec Token

I had 2 tokens when I exited last night, and now I have one because you reset them all. I did'nt have a chance to reset my skills yet, but I did level up to admiral so I had 2 tokens. Please add my token back!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Which part of Oz you in?
    Tabz wrote:
    Your issue and not cryptics/ataris ...
    I'm from Aus and I download these patches depending on size from minutes to max an hour *aka tribble upload* ...
    TRIBBLE end of the world and we do better ... figure that one out :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    jimrose wrote:

Jim: I gotta second everyone who's saying check your own internet. I have cable internet, and today's patch took 20 seconds to download and apply. There are lots of places online to check your bandwidth speed. This really does sound like it may be more at your end than Cryptic's.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I agree. the problem sounds like an issue with your hardware not Cryptic. I have had no issues with DL'ing any of the patches, yesterdays took like 5 minutes and it was uite large as everyone knows. Of course most of it was on my HD but ya know lol. todays took like 20 seconds. Where exactly are you at Jim? If the folks in Australia are loading the patches faster, you must be on the far end of a very poor connection.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thrakensal wrote: »
    I agree. the problem sounds like an issue with your hardware not Cryptic. I have had no issues with GL'ing any of the patches, yesterdays took like 5 minutes and it was uite large as everyone knows. Of course most of it was on my HD but ya know lol. todays took like 20 seconds. Where exactly are you at Jim? If the folks in Australia are loading the patches faster, you must be on the far end of a very poor connection.

And cancel and restart the DL, might not be your end, might not be Cryptic's end, very well could be the variety of paths it takes to get from here to there. There is some suck equipment out there.... I've stuck launching my home page sometimes, closed and relaunched the browser and had it go through instantaneously.

It's a computer, it does not always perform in a consistant or logical manner.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can log in to the launcher and I can bring up my list of characters on Tribble test shard, but on the main Holodeck shard I stop at "retrieving list of characters". Just started happenng now at 4:15pm CST
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same problem here
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Teacherguy wrote:
    Same problem here

well..i dont feel so alone now LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same here, was zoning out of a mission, STO died (as it often does - capacity planning sure isn't cryptic's thing...) Tried logging back in 2x, and stuck on retrieving character information.

Seriously folks, please for the love of all that is good and decent in society: HIRE someone who knows how to plan for capacity and BUY the equipment it takes to pull off a game like this.

I love the game, I do NOT enjoy the downtime.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    zenovia wrote: »
    Same here, was zoning out of a mission, STO died (as it often does - capacity planning sure isn't cryptic's thing...) Tried logging back in 2x, and stuck on retrieving character information.

Seriously folks, please for the love of all that is good and decent in society: HIRE someone who knows how to plan for capacity and BUY the equipment it takes to pull off a game like this.

I love the game, I do NOT enjoy the downtime.

same problem here starting about 22.20 central european time or so unable to log in stuck at retrieving char info