Install Arc
Options

Please No Risa Casualwear!

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to have no restrictions on my off duty uniforms. For the people who enjoy enforcing their own beliefs on others, the beauty of virtual worlds is that it can be tailored to your personal liking.

Why not create an option that toggles what you see as off-duty uniforms without impacting the choice of others?
    ON: all uniforms are displayed without replacement
    OFF: all off-duty uniforms are replaced by what is in the respective character's normal uniform slot.

All characters/BOffs have one default uniform to start. The off-duty uniform is gained as secondary, so there is sufficient data for this to work.

Other variants might replace off-duty uniforms with an uniform of your choosing. Or one could take this a step further and do full uniform replacement so you see everyone as having the same uniform that's actually... uniform (might be useful for machinimas as well).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    plexaura wrote:
    IOther variants might replace off-duty uniforms with an uniform of your choosing. Or one could take this a step further and do full uniform replacement so you see everyone as having the same uniform that's actually... uniform (might be useful for machinimas as well).

While I don't think we should be restricting anyone's options for what they wear, or when they wear it. This option has beneficial side effects, for people with lower end machines, it might improve their FPS because their card wouldn't have to render the hundreds of different uniforms/textures when running around starbase (for example).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ugh who necroed this thread? Thought we were finally done with it. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    This is currently a topic of heated debate internally.
    • One side says that we must never allow casual wear on missions.
    • The other side says never restrict a player's costume choices.

I'm very curious to see what you think and what your arguments are for either side (or any compromises)

A good compromise would be to let people play how they want to. :)
    Make viewing things like that optional, like kits or armor.
    I couldn't care less what someone was wearing, so long as they helped with the mission.
    Pros:
    Some outfits could be distracting to the enemy.
    Cons:
    Some outfits could be distracting to the team.

Hence, right click on target, and view choices: Default Outfit, and, Off Duty Outfit. Would only affect your view of them. Like an extremely soft version of ignore. If you really don't like the off duty outfit, you don't have to view it.

I think as long as the IP holders give a green light to possible outfits, that's all the deciding factor the game really needs.

Edit: Apologies for Threadromancy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Late reply...
    But theres nothing wrong with off-duty clothing in battle.
    In fact there are countless episodes in Star Trek where the crew actually does beam down to a planet wearing civilian clothing, in order to not draw too much attention to themselves, but they are nontheless fully armed and equipped.
    So your two cents would effectively harm the fun for people who want to add a bit of RP to their gameplay.

On the note of no swimsuits as stated by dsthal.
    How about the Orion outfits for the Orion femals? Surely that would not take much doing as they are two-piece outfits and the NPCs already come in various skin tones.

Absofrikkinlutely. Isn't Trek fandom supposed to support broad-mindedmess?

And my Orion captain wants her people's traditional ceremonial garb!
    Teranika wrote: »
    While I don't think we should be restricting anyone's options for what they wear, or when they wear it. This option has beneficial side effects, for people with lower end machines, it might improve their FPS because their card wouldn't have to render the hundreds of different uniforms/textures when running around starbase (for example).

Yes. My personal preferred idea is that anyone on your /ignore list gets turned into a redshirt graphically, though I also support the ability to make everyone (including your char - fair's fair, after all) to always appear in a drab, basic uniform.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »
    May I remind people?

This is Star Trek:
    Khorak wrote: »
    Yeah, that's Star Trek. It is not, however, the bridge of a Federation or Klingon vessel.

Why not? I'd make her my First Officer! :D

First contact never looked so good. :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    personae wrote:
    Ugh who necroed this thread? Thought we were finally done with it. :D

GET OUTTA MY MIND ;)

I was wondering the same thing. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Preirin wrote:
    Yes, I said it and I mean it! No Risa swimwear, for the love of Bruddah!

Or, if you do add them, make them available ONLY on Risa.

The last thing any of us want is Sol station, K-7 or DS9 running amuck with bikini-clad, phaser totin’ space cowboys and cowgirls in their TRIBBLE floss and banana hammocks flailing about!

Please…. Don’t let this happen…

i would LOVE for that.... to be a bug, lol. 2 days of bikini clad womens running around sol station would be sweet.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Maybe swimwear should be restricted to Risa or another appropriate venue. On a side not, however, if I make an Orion female on the Klingon side, she should be able to dress like the Orion females we see in game. Hell, you even fight scantily dressed Orion females on away missions. Is this too much to ask??
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey, if girls can play football in lingerie they can be on an away team in swimwear.

Lingerie Football League ftw! http://www.lflus.com/

Just give the Klingon faction equal access.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If anything klingons should have priority on this one, since they arent as stuck up on regulations and dress codes as the federation. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wonder how difficult to impossible to be for everyone to have their cake and eat it too. We have chat filters for profanity, you can chose to read someones spicy language or not. Would it be possible to produce a Uniform Prude Filter so those who only want to see "canon" will only see "canon?"