test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If GMs won't answer, Atari will...

124»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

...and then banned?

WOW.

Just plain WOW.

Earth, [edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
    edited February 2010
    USSZenica wrote:
    ...and then banned?

WOW.

Just plain WOW.

Earth, Hitler 1942.

I guess he got a few to many 'never' expiring 'serious' infractions. :D
    edited February 2010
    I guess he got a few to many 'never' expiring 'serious' infractions. :D

The mods on these forums are anal and paranoid. It's an online forum, they should not moderate it like it's for 5 year olds. It ****es off the adults.

Maybe they should introduce a Kids Section (With multicoloured buttons) and leave the people over 18 on the normal forum, without a censor :eek:
    edited February 2010
    The mods here are getting ridiculous. Is there ANY way at all to appeal what they do? They are out of control I think.
    edited February 2010
    The mods here are getting ridiculous. Is there ANY way at all to appeal what they do? They are out of control I think.

I sent a complaint to the address given in original post. Doesnt seem like you can do much else.
    edited February 2010
    I honestly wouldn't worry about infractions. They are losing people everyday who came here with high expectations that were never going to be met, at least not by Cryptic. Every person who quits is more money out of their pockets. Chances are they aren't going to permaban you, though maybe a 3 day suspension could happen.
    edited February 2010
    Anxiety wrote:
    Considering I got an infraction for using the word 'TRIBBLE' (context as in: "people who brag in pvp are TRIBBLE" as an offhand remark, not even at a specific person), I'd say their mods are smoking something.

OH NO I USED THE WORD TRIBBLE TWICE I'M HEADING FOR THE BAN TRAIN AGAIN. OH NO THREE. THEY'RE COMING FOR ME SAVE YOURSE

That is worthy of an infraction and I would've reported it myself had I seen it. Learn to offer criticism without using offensive terminology or find another forum that caters to people who don't know any better. And perhaps act your age
    edited February 2010
    JadeEnigma wrote:
    That is worthy of an infraction and I would've reported it myself had I seen it. Learn to offer criticism without using offensive terminology or find another forum that caters to people who don't know any better. And perhaps act your age

Just reading your signature makes your statement illogical.

The MODS here to learn how to RUN a COMMUNITY first. Myself I have ran 5 and helped run over 8 position was higher then a MOD. The MODS here need to take a chill peel and perhaps grow up.
    edited February 2010
    Funny, I've been snarky and ill-mannered and rude for MONTHS now and have yet to get a single warning.

I must be doing something right.

-np
    edited February 2010
    Funny, I've been snarky and ill-mannered and rude for MONTHS now and have yet to get a single warning.

I must be doing something right.

-np

You just haven't ticked the right people off yet. If you ever get on their bad side, you'll start getting them in droves. Permanent marks for silly reasons and no way to appeal.
    edited February 2010
    The mods on these forums are anal and paranoid. It's an online forum, they should not moderate it like it's for 5 year olds. It ****es off the adults.

Maybe they should introduce a Kids Section (With multicoloured buttons) and leave the people over 18 on the normal forum, without a censor :eek:

Well, one could easily argue that if the people on the forums didn't act like 5 year olds, then there would be no reason to moderate it as such.

I mean, just look at this thread, for example. Not only do we have some exceptionally immature posts, but folks are actually showing how........not-so-bright.....they are.

And bragging about it.

/shrug
    edited February 2010
    You just haven't ticked the right people off yet. If you ever get on their bad side, you'll start getting them in droves. Permanent marks for silly reasons and no way to appeal.

Yes, mine are marked "never" to be removed. I find it comical at best, a sad indicator of something else
    at the worst. I suppose the moderators are like many police you see in patrol cars, former bully's that
    miss taunting and pushing others around.

I can say this with affirmation as I have close family members in law enforcement that have told me
    this is a sad truth. So much so the latest tests are geared more for rooting these people out than anything
    else. (well them and racists that want a badge to go with their gun). This is how I see the mods around here.
    edited February 2010
    Hebi-Kumo wrote: »
    The MODS here to learn how to RUN a COMMUNITY first. Myself I have ran 5 and helped run over 8 position was higher then a MOD. The MODS here need to take a chill peel and perhaps grow up.
    Running a community means enforcing the rules. Unless the ban or penalty was for something that is not outlined in the Forum Usage Guidlines, the Mods were quite correct to take action. If someone doesn't like the guidlines they should look into getting them changed. Not take it on themselves to violate them.
    edited February 2010
    Tigorius wrote:
    Running a community means enforcing the rules. Unless the ban or penalty was for something that is not outlined in the Forum Usage Guidlines, the Mods were quite correct to take action. If someone doesn't like the guidlines they should look into getting them changed. Not take it on themselves to violate them.

The problem is that they are horribly inconsistent with enforcing the rules. They are generally very lax about it, but it seems that they hone in on a select few people and bully them off the site. I have been getting a lot of them lately, and it's not that they were unjustified, it's just that I seem to have been singled out. A couple of times, my posts that were moderated were not even as bad as the ones surrounding them, yet I was the only one that was moderated.

I also have a problem with the permanence of the marks. They give them for trivial things, and I will undoubtedly have enough to get me perma banned eventually. I'm not actively seeking it. I'm just being myself. I make an effort not to be offensive or insulting on these boards, and the only reason I can see for me being singled out is that I am often critical of the game. Yet there is a thread on the front page now that far exceeds anything I have been warned for, but it is allowed to stay because it a defense of the game. I'm not going to report it, because I don't personally find it offensive, but It kind of makes me angry, because if I had posted it I would most likely be banned.
    edited February 2010
    Raath wrote: »
    Well, one could easily argue that if the people on the forums didn't act like 5 year olds, then there would be no reason to moderate it as such.

I mean, just look at this thread, for example. Not only do we have some exceptionally immature posts, but folks are actually showing how........not-so-bright.....they are.

And bragging about it.

/shrug

An IQ test then, for membership to the website :D

People who fail can have the multicoloured childrens forum.
    edited February 2010
    Im at a loss for words
    edited February 2010
    JadeEnigma wrote:

Why do you take it upon yourself to find this offensive ?

Learn not to be such a busy body and let people say what they want whether you like it or not.
    edited February 2010
    WOWrefugee wrote:
    You are absolutely right, this is not a "free speech" issue, or a "I paid therefore the customer is king" issue. When it comes to the game or the forums, Cryptic owns it, it's their property, and they have final say in how it is managed.
    Yes. I get a kick out of people who think they have a "right" to post here. They couldn't be more wrong.

WOWrefugee wrote:
    We are not even renters in the forum, we are guests. Guests have even fewer rights than renters have. Renters have to be formally evicted - guests can be summarily kicked out, even if they are being nice. You have a reason to expect to be allowed to stay as long as you are nice, but no actual right to it.
    It's amazing how many people don't understand this analogy. I have used it myself from time to time (using my own living room as the example) and people still argue with me. Too many people operate under the false assumption that the rules all change when we get online and that behaving like an anarchist on other people's property is acceptable here, simply because it "isn't real" or some such nonsense. The irony is that these are the first people who reach for the "free speech" rule... so rules are good, as long as they benefit my agenda...
    edited February 2010
    Heliotrope wrote: »
    Yes. I get a kick out of people who think they have a "right" to post here. They couldn't be more wrong.
    QUOTE]

I get a kick out of people that revel in bring constrained
    edited February 2010
    QUOTE]

I get a kick out of people that revel in bring constrained
    I revel in reality.

Do you feel constrained when you are a guest at a restaurant or a friend's home? Beacuse that is all that is being asked of you here -- that you behave as if you were a guest, and you are one, make no mistake.
    edited February 2010
    I revel in reality.

Do you feel constrained when you are a guest at a restaurant or a friend's home? Beacuse that is all that is being asked of you here -- that you behave as if you were a guest, and you are one, make no mistake.

I beleive people who have behave as a 'guest' have also been given inapropriate marks against thier account.

For instance, the 'debate' scene from billy madeson that I posted was peferectly innosent and 'pg' I would have been happy to show it to friends at thier own house with no expectation of being reprimanded for it.

I think what is ticking most people off though (as others said) is the inconsistancy. One person bumped a thread about 300 times in an attempt to 'win' a del taco code.

Despite bumping being against the rules, not one of the bumps was edited/removed, and as far as I know, he recieved no infractions (if he recieved just 1 per bump, he would be long gone)

No one is disputing that people need to behave themselves, but there also has to be leeway.

For instance would you permanadly ban a friend from your house or give him none expiring 'marks' against him for trivial matters?

We all do and say silly things sometimes, often with no malace behind the words or actions. Now if someone comes along and is purposefully spreading racism, vulgarity or anything else extreme, that is one thing, but in order to have a comunity that feels at ease, the mods need to be a little more forgiving in thier moderation.
    edited February 2010
    I revel in reality.

I couldnt figure out the right word. That wasnt it apparelty
    edited February 2010
    Greetings,

Since this thread is discussing the moderation, trolling, and flaming, I'll close it.
This discussion has been closed.