test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game notice cryptic please read

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Ten Forward
Yesterday I was promoted to Luitant Comander also a big help was trouble a luitanant with a smal ship but she packt more power than anny other light cruiser .
Ok we did all these missions together and it was fun graphics were good verry good indeed.
But I noticed a few things when I was playing.

Starbase 001 :

First off all the merits and the credits and all the other paying methods sucks I mean its confusing .
And I tought their good be a better way just only merrits starfleet merits nothing else it would be less confusing lot easyer to play.

seccond : the pkate in the admirals office the gold plate nope doest make me happy it doesn't look real for me.

ok that was commet on the starbase and credit system .

Spacetime :

1. It would be nice if you could disable the target and board it .
2, I miss my tractor beam if you hit your enemy true the shiels then hold it with you tractor beam and open fire.
3. Klingon ships if you know the series and movies they need some time when they come out of cloak befor they can start shooting or protect them self with their shields that would be more real .
and you as an fed officer you can pack an puch on those klingon targs .
3. The shields should be better from begining when there are two ship concentrating on for example you right shield is out to easy and the repair rate is to them slow .
4. Officer training cost to much pays to little before i finaly train my crew im dead hahahaha.
Its just to slow.
5. Boarding idea when you disable a ship you can board it when you kill crew or capture it put it in the brig you can two things get the tech of that ship or sell the ship for merrits or other points thats for cryptic to decide.
6. Why can we not strall on are bridge I mean I buy a ship and interior but I can't do annyting with it ???
7. The glow from the engins put that less guys its look like its aint real it glow up when u put some trothle on and the light should die down if you know what I mean !

General commet :

This game is awsome can't say otherwise but there are still some isues to solve future or not this are the things that should be there in the game fore the rest the MMO i love it and i hope you guys solve the solution for non credit card users other wise I im done over a 25 days .
I hope most of the users agree here with me on general comment about the game and I defanlly keep playing aslong as I can !
O I had one more thing maybe you could use this for the non creditcard users maybe you can sell game cars in the local stores just like prepaid card for your phone but then for STO its just an idea cryptic I realy hope you doing somting like that .

Thank you Cryptic for this great MMO and may you do good in the years . I do stay gaming here !
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Now this is the worst "Introduce yourself, share fan art, fan fiction, role play, and make friends here! " thread ever...

Or is this some cleverly hidden fan art?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chat wrote:
    Now this is the worst "Introduce yourself, share fan art, fan fiction, role play, and make friends here! " thread ever...

Or is this some cleverly hidden fan art?

i think its some form of poetry
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    febostaf wrote: »
    i think its some form of poetry

It's not very good poetry.

Although the best poetry is filled with ennui and conveys the woes of the poet, I've never been a big fan of the "QQ" format.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [Edit]

But let's be serious for a moment. I'm going to respond to some of OP's major bullet points.

Regarding Starbase 001:

The currency system is not confusing. There are two forms of currency. You use merits to buy bridge officers and bridge officer powers. You also use merits to rename yourself, your ship, and your bridge officers.
    You use energy credits for everything else.
    Think of energy credits like "money" and merit like "pull within Starfleet." That's all.

Why would you use "merits" to buy black market items? Or items from a general auction? Or items from Klingon merchants on Deep Space Nine? That makes no sense, and it's a stupid idea.

What is a "pkate"? And what "gold plate"? You're on something.

1) Yes, that is something people have been asking for for a long, long time now. Search is your friend. To summarize, lots of people want boarding combat, but Cryptic has said nothing regarding it thus far (that I have seen.)
    2) I don't understand this point. Take a deep breath, run spellcheck, insert some punctuation, and try again.
    3) Klingon Birds of Prey are weak enough targets as it is. Let's not make them weaker, nobody would play that class anymore. PvP is pretty well balanced right now. Don't fix what isn't broken.
    4) Well, since you have unlimited skillpoints, it shouldn't matter. You're Lt. Commander now, you should be racking up the BOff skillpoints every mission. You should have an excess, even. As a Rear Admiral, I have about 30,000 BOff skill points saved up, and I don't think I've used a single one since Captain. Even before then, I had a solid excess.
    5) You already said this one.
    6) Ship interiors are coming. If you read Cryptic's development notes at all, you'd know that. That's been said for weeks now that it's in development and on its way.
    7) I don't understand this point, either. Deep breath, spellcheck, punctuation, try again.

That will be all, Junior Member.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You know, I tried to go through his post, clean it up, and repost it in a coherent form. C'thulu help me, I tried. But halfway through the first sentence, my brain crawled out of my skull and ran into the horizon, screaming its joy at being free to the blue skies above.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Daevan wrote:
    You know, I tried to go through his post, clean it up, and repost it in a coherent form. C'thulu help me, I tried. But halfway through the first sentence, my brain crawled out of my skull and ran into the horizon, screaming its joy at being free to the blue skies above.

I'm confused. What brain? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm confused. What brain? :rolleyes:

You live in Louisville, right? You'll probably see it running by, heading for the Canadian/American border in a few days.

Tell it to come home. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What is a "pkate"? And what "gold plate"? You're on something.

There's a commission plaque, much like there is on the vessels in the series. He doesn't like the look of it.

I'd say tough luck maestro, I don't like the way some Deep Space Science vessels look, I'll survive and I think so should you. (I actually like the look of the comission plaque).
    2) I don't understand this point. Take a deep breath, run spellcheck, insert some punctuation, and try again.

He's saying that he wants to grab the enemy vessel in his tractorbeam and pummel him with his weapons on a side where the shield just failed.

OP there is a Tractorbeam skill for your bridge officers! Get a science BOff that has this skill and you're good to go!
    7) I don't understand this point, either. Deep breath, spellcheck, punctuation, try again.

I think he's saying that the brightness of the enginelights are stagnant, they don't change when you power down engines, it's just the stripes that trail you when you move.

Again it's designed this way, I don't know why you would be bugged about it (I never even noticed). It's even possible that this happens because you have a low GFX setting. Also unless the entire Warp Core powers down your nacelles will be powered up and SHOULD give a glowing light.

hope that helps (but I doubt it)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rotten_Emu wrote: »
    There's a commission plaque, much like there is on the vessels in the series. He doesn't like the look of it.

I'd say tough luck maestro, I don't like the way some Deep Space Science vessels look, I'll survive and I think so should you. (I actually like the look of the comission plaque).

He's saying that he wants to grab the enemy vessel in his tractorbeam and pummel him with his weapons on a side where the shield just failed.

OP there is a Tractorbeam skill for your bridge officers! Get a science BOff that has this skill and you're good to go!

I think he's saying that the brightness of the enginelights are stagnant, they don't change when you power down engines, it's just the stripes that trail you when you move.

Again it's designed this way, I don't know why you would be bugged about it (I never even noticed). It's even possible that this happens because you have a low GFX setting. Also unless the entire Warp Core powers down your nacelles will be powered up and SHOULD give a glowing light.

hope that helps (but I doubt it)

Ah, I see. Thank you for the translation, and subsequent answers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    HAHHAHHA!!

Many many laughs from this thread. :D

You should all be commended on being such great comedians with such a beautiful skit.

This was a serious post? I 'm a jackass.:p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And now for something completely different: The Ministry of Silly Walks.

( I have been a patent holding member for over 15 years.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My head.....

it hurts.

Granted that might be the fact that I dropped my brain in a puddle of lysol on the bathroom floor while I was brushing and de-fragging it this morning....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ROFL I am crying i laughed so hard. Daevan, saw your brain, it just grabbed a surfbord heading for Japan. sianara
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    ROFL I am crying i laughed so hard. Daevan, saw your brain, it just grabbed a surfbord heading for Japan. sianara

Couldn't have been my brain, it doesn't surf! It can barely even swim!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Don't worry it passed through here a few hours ago and it wasn't that hard to trick into turning around. It should be back soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh come on now guys this is obviously a joke....it is bad comedy but it is still a joke

must admit i almost believed it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    karek wrote: »
    oh come on now guys this is obviously a joke....it is bad comedy but it is still a joke

must admit i almost believed it

What, like we haven't already hijacked the thread with talk of Daevan's (purely theoretical) brain? :p :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What, like we haven't already hijacked the thread with talk of Daevan's (purely theoretical) brain? :p :cool:

That apparently can surf better than it's previous owner. I just hope a fishy doesn't eat it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am led to think that OP is not a native english speaker.. but I could be wrong.

That said.. the OP's work is not very good poetry at all.. it doesnt even rhyme. So.. this makes me wonder if it is a new form of haiku. .. some sort of non-rhyming story haiku poem thing.

Either way, I sincerely look forward to reading more! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I made it to luitnant then stopped caring
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    J.Kirk, id like you to meet my good friend, "Comma".

"Comma", this is our new friend J.Kirk.

You two should talk....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    J.Kirk wrote:

6. Why can we not strall on are bridge I mean I buy a ship and interior but I can't do annyting with it ???

You can visit your bridge. It took me awhile to find it, but it's there. When in space, click on the downward-pointing arrow to the right of your mini-map. One option here is "Visit the Bridge."

Go visit your team. Take some pics. Sit in your captain's chair and say, "Enage!" To exit the bridge, just walk out one of the rear exits behind the bridge.

And I have to say, Mr. Chaucer, it's a great honor to have you writing on our forums! :p

"For he werte stralle upon his bredge and aboute its greete intereers, but alas cannot hime do anythinge wythe themme..."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bheduwa wrote:
    ... new form of haiku ...
    Yes, I've heard of this new trend. It's syllables in multiples of 17, pi, and the imaginary number i.
    I also found his use of constructive rhythm in his bullet points rather fascinating. He managed to turn a 7 beat measure into an 8 count by simply doubling the third bullet. Impressive.
    </insensitivesarcasm>
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wait, this thread is still active?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this thread is about knitting, a sport the OP should try

or curling lol if you consider that a sport
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    rwl1919 wrote: »
    Wait, this thread is still active?

Amazing, isn't it?

Let's keep it alive for the sake of delicious irony.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /hooks up the thread life support :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    /hooks up the thread life support :)

mudkipz i herd u liked them
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It was this thread that made Daevan lose his brain. We should at least keep it up till he finds it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mudkipz i herd u liked them

mudkipz?? I pass on the Pokemon things
This discussion has been closed.