test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aurora Fleet needs her Marines...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Earth Spacedock
In the mid-winter night in coastal South Carolina, Earth. 3 shuttles land under a floodlight that is casting a ghostly pallor in front of the steel doors of a homely and institutional brick building.

The back hatches fold down.
From the building a uniformed man with a canvas hat bursts forth. Your's is one of sixty heads on the shuttles, that crane to watch the man’s approach. You are curious and apprehensive.

When the uniformed man reaches the shuttle, he vomits a flury of nearly unintelligible commands, his tone unrelenting and cruel. It takes less than 60 seconds for you and the others to file off the shuttles and take formation on the yellow footprints outlined on the ground. It’s you're first step in the Marine regimen.

"You are now at Marine Corps Depot Parris Island, South Carolina. You have taken the first step of becoming a member of the universe's finest fighting force, the Starfleet Marine Corps. You should be standing at attention. That means, your heels are together, your feet are at a 45-degree angle, your thumbs on your trousers, your palms rolled back, your fingers are at a natural curl, your head is staring straight to the front, and your mouth is shut. I say again, your mouth is shut. This is the only way you will speak to a Marine, fleeter, or civilian aboard this depot. Do you understand??"

“Aye, sir.”

“Do you understand?!”

“Aye, sir!!!”

“Success in the Marine Corps depends on team work. Therefore teamwork is an essential part of your training here on Parris Island. Starting now, you will train as a team. You will live, eat, sleep, train as a team. The words ‘I,’ ‘me,’ ‘we’ are no longer part of your vocabulary. You will use words like, ‘these recruits’ and ‘those recruits.’ Do you understand?”

“Aye, sir!”
“Do you understand?!!!”

“Aye, sir!!!!!!”

You have now taken your first steps into a different world... a different life...

The Change is forever....

Do you think you have what it takes?

The Few, The Proud, The Marines.

www.aurorafleet.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    AURORA MARINE OPERATIONS COMMAND

Why are Starfleet Marines considered among the galaxy's premier warriors? Why? What puts the Marine Corps above the rest? Other military services have rigorous training and weapons of equal or greater lethality. So, why do Starfleet Marines stand head and shoulders above the crowd?

The truth lies in the individual Marine. He (or she) did not join the Marines. Roughly 40,000 try each year. Those who survive the crucible of Marine boot camp have been sculpted in mind and body. They have become Marines.

Once he has earned the title and entered the Brotherhood of Marines, a new warrior must draw upon the legacy of his Corps. Therein lies his strength. In return, the strength of the Corps lies in the individual Marine. The character of these warriors is defined by the three constant Corps Values: honor, courage, and commitment.

Honor: Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct. Honor is many things; honor requires many things. A Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal, but that is not enough. Much more is required. Each Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs. And, above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the reputation of his Corps.

Courage: Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more. Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others. It is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard. Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences. This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of combat. And each day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment: Total dedication to Corps and Federation. Gung-ho Marine teamwork. All for one, one for all. By whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment never dies.

The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine. They are the foundation of his Corps. These three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made the Marines the Warrior Elite. The Starfleet Marine Corps: the most respected and revered fighting force in the Federation.

Can you seperate yourself from the crowd?

The Few. The Proud. The Marines.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bumping this
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There are those who dedicate themselves...
    To a sense, of Honor.
    To a life, of Courage, and a Commitment to something greater than themselves.
    They have always defended this Federation, and each other.
    They still do, because across the universe there are a select few...
    Who, at their very core... are capable, of incredible transformation.
    Under the most grueling conditions...
    They are Shaped...
    Hardened...
    Sharpened...
    Ready, to stand among the most elite of all warriors...

The Few. The Proud. The Marines

Do you have what it takes?

... Enlist today...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Starfleet Marine Corps

To all who shall see these presents, greeting:

Know ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

__Aurra Temm__

I do appoint this Marine a Brigadier General in the

Starfleet Marine Corps

To rank as such from the 1st Day of February 2409.
    This appointee will therefore carefully and dilligently discharge the duties of the grade to
    which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto pertaining. And I
    do strictly charge and require all personnel of lesser grade to render obediance to appropriate
    orders. And this appointee is to observe and follow such orders and directions as may be
    given from time to time by Superiors acting according to the rules and articles governing the
    discipline of the United Federation of Planets.
    Given under my hand at Headquarters, Aurora Marine Operations Command
    This 1st day of February in the year Two Thousand Four Hundred and Nine.

___Thomas McHale___
    General T.A. McHale
    Starfleet Marine Corps
    AMOC, Commanding
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Starfleet Marine Corps

Know ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the fidelity and abilities of

__Genbrad__

Starfleet Marine Corps

This appointee will therefore carefully and dilligently discharge the duties of the grade to
    which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto pertaining. And I
    do strictly charge and require all personnel of lesser grade to render obediance to appropriate
    orders. And this appointee is to observe and follow such orders and directions as may be
    given from time to time by Superiors acting according to the rules and articles governing the

___Thomas McHale___
    General T.A. McHale
    Starfleet Marine Corps
    AMOC, Commanding
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aurora Fleet MARCOM Roster:

Commanding General, AMOC - General T.A. McHale
    Deputy Commander, AMOC - ((Open))
    Combat Battalion Commander (PVP) - Brigadier General William Crosse
    MEU Commander (PVE) - Brigadier General Aurra Temm
    Recon Battalion Commander (Exploration/PVP/PVE) - Brigadier General Genbrad
    MARSEC Commander (Station Security) - Colonel Lloyd Williams

Marines:

Colonel Ronald Winters
    Colonel John Burgundy
    Colonel Brian Gibbs
    Colonel Brent McCall
    Colonel Man'e Oberon
    Captain Dea Tacita
    Captain Syl Vakari
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To a sense, of Honor.
    They are Shaped...
    Hardened...
    Sharpened...

... Enlist today...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bump back to page 1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Back to the front!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Recruit Training, Starfleet Marine Corps, officially comprises three definitive phases:
    First Phase concentrates on orientation, study of military subjects and physical training.
    Second Phase includes marksmanship training, combat exercises and long hikes.
    Third Phase is service week, final polishing and, finally, graduation.

Three phases also exist in the mind of the recruit. These are not, however, the same three phases measured by exact dates in the drill instructor's schedule.

Phase one begins in the small, dark hours of the morning. The former happy civilian steps off the shuttle craft into a world of disorientation. His mind is snapped into abject shock. Cardiac arrest is a distinct possibility.

The drill instructor is absolutely the most sadistic, maniacal tyrant he has ever encountered. It is beyond comprehension that one person could treat another in such fashion. In his daily struggle to survive, the recruit becomes psychoneurotic wondering if the psychopath in charge will allow him to live another day.

The days pass. The crying in the rack at night subsides as the mind becomes numb and the spent, weary body literally dies. Forgotten are the lofty principles and goals that fired enlistment. Graduation is not a word in the vocabulary. The recruit lives in limbo, a lethean existence.

One night after lights out, the recruit lies on his rack contemplating "the worst mistake I ever made in my life." The body and the mind have reached the limits of endurance. Slowly, he begins to make a decision.

Initially, his thoughts are that he cannot continue another day. If that is the end of the thinking process, he sinks into despair will soon be released to return home.

Continued thinking, however, brings the drill instructor into focus. Anger begins to rage within the recruit. Further thought heightens the wrath within to a frenzy. The irrevocable decision is made, "I will not let that son-of-a b**** defeat me."

Second phase begins the next morning at roll call. The recruit responds in a voice that is sharp and quick, loud and distinct, and permeated with a tone of defiance. On the parade deck his movements suddenly become snappy, displaying a newly found arrogance. Despite the aching body, his physical training scores shoot upwardly.

The recruit has engaged the drill instructor in a mental duel. He is determined that he will excel and that the drill instructor will never again single him out. Yet, as he struggles it seems that the drill instructor is answering the challenge and singles him out with continuously accelerating the demands ever increasing expectations. With grim determination, the recruit rises to the challenge.

One day the recruit is astonished with the sudden realization that he has executed a command, perfectly and with relative ease. His mind engages in further introspection. He notices the transformation of mind and body. Gone is the deep-seated defiance, replaced with absolute confidence. He has achieved the "can do!" attitude, which he will have for the rest of his life.

Third Phase has begun. The recruit now struts, proud and tall. Graduation, wearing the Eagle, Arrowhead and Anchor, and being awarded the title "Marine" are realities.

He minimizes his own participation. All credit is given to the drill instructor. All earlier attitudes give way to one of genuine deep respect and hero worship. "If I ever go into combat, I want him as the leader."

The former civilian will be forever a Marine and the drill instructor will live within his mind.

-Enlist Today-
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We'd promise you sleep deprivation...
    Mental Torment....
    And muscles so sore you'll puke...

But we don't like to sugar coat things...

Can you handle it?

Enlist Today
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There are times when a fleet of battleships is not enough to get the job done.
    That is when the marines are sent in! Enlist today!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The Starfleet Marine Corps of Aurora Fleet is always looking for a few more good men and women. Think you can handle it? Enlist today!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Do you have what it takes to be among the best of the best? Do you have what it takes to be a Starfleet Marine of Aurora Fleet? Enlist today!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To a sense, of Honor.
    They are Shaped...
    Hardened...
    Sharpened...

... Enlist today...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ginousmc wrote: »
    Starfleet Marine Corps

__Aurra Temm__

Starfleet Marine Corps

___Thomas McHale___
    General T.A. McHale
    Starfleet Marine Corps
    AMOC, Commanding

This is the promotion certificate for enlisted men. The one for officers is different.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Starfleet Marine Corps

__Aurra Temm__

Starfleet Marine Corps

Yay that's me!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the promotion certificate for enlisted men. The one for officers is different.

I know this.... but I can't find one for officers....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS

Know ye that, reposing special trust and confidence of the Patriotism, valor, fidelity and abilities of:
    Aurra Temm
    I do by, and with the consent of the Federation Council, appoint this officer a,
    Brigadier General
    In the Starfleet Marine Corps
    To rank as such from the 1st day of Februrary, two thousand four hundred and nine.
    This officer will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the office to which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto belonging.
    And I do strictly charge and require all officers and personnel of lesser rank to render such obedience as is due of an officer of this grade and position. And this officer is to observe and follow orders and directions, as may be given by the President of the United Federation of Planets, or other superior officers acting in accordance with the laws governing the United Federation of Planets.
    This commission is to continue in force during the pleasure of the President of the United Federation of Planets under the provisions of those public laws relating to officers of the United Federation of Planets and the component thereof in which this commission was made.
    Done at the System of Sol, this 1st day of Februrary in the year two thousand four hundred and nine, and the continued success of the United Federation of Planets.
    BY THE PRESIDENT:
    Thomas A. McHale
    Aennik Okeg
    General, Commander, AMOC
    President, United Federation of Planets
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS

Know ye that, reposing special trust and confidence of the Patriotism, valor, fidelity and abilities of:
    Genbrad
    I do by, and with the consent of the Federation Council, appoint this officer a,
    Brigadier General
    In the Starfleet Marine Corps
    To rank as such from the 1st day of Februrary, two thousand four hundred and nine.
    This officer will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the office to which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto belonging.
    And I do strictly charge and require all officers and personnel of lesser rank to render such obedience as is due of an officer of this grade and position. And this officer is to observe and follow orders and directions, as may be given by the President of the United Federation of Planets, or other superior officers acting in accordance with the laws governing the United Federation of Planets.
    This commission is to continue in force during the pleasure of the President of the United Federation of Planets under the provisions of those public laws relating to officers of the United Federation of Planets and the component thereof in which this commission was made.
    Done at the System of Sol, this 1st day of Februrary in the year two thousand four hundred and nine, and the continued success of the United Federation of Planets.
    BY THE PRESIDENT:
    Thomas A. McHale
    Aennik Okeg
    General, Commander, AMOC
    President, United Federation of Planets
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Drop and give me 20
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AURORA MARINE OPERATIONS COMMAND

Why are Starfleet Marines considered among the galaxy's premier warriors? Why? What puts the Marine Corps above the rest? Other military services have rigorous training and weapons of equal or greater lethality. So, why do Starfleet Marines stand head and shoulders above the crowd?

The truth lies in the individual Marine. He (or she) did not join the Marines. Roughly 40,000 try each year. Those who survive the crucible of Marine boot camp have been sculpted in mind and body. They have become Marines.

Once he has earned the title and entered the Brotherhood of Marines, a new warrior must draw upon the legacy of his Corps. Therein lies his strength. In return, the strength of the Corps lies in the individual Marine. The character of these warriors is defined by the three constant Corps Values: honor, courage, and commitment.

Honor: Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct. Honor is many things; honor requires many things. A Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal, but that is not enough. Much more is required. Each Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs. And, above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the reputation of his Corps.

Courage: Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more. Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others. It is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard. Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences. This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of combat. And each day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment: Total dedication to Corps and Federation. Gung-ho Marine teamwork. All for one, one for all. By whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment never dies.

The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine. They are the foundation of his Corps. These three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made the Marines the Warrior Elite. The Starfleet Marine Corps: the most respected and revered fighting force in the Federation.

Can you seperate yourself from the crowd?

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey people. Get involved.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OORAH-

Marines and historians have determined the true origins of "Oorah" lie with recon Marines stationed in Korea in 1953. During this time, reconnaissance Marines in the 1st Amphibious Reconnaissance Co., found themselves traveling via submarine to where they were needed. The memorable call of "dive, dive!" would be called on the intercom and a klaxon alarm, which made a very distinct "Aarugha" sound, would announce the descent of the sub below water.

The recon Marines, who heard this sound often, started using it as a motivational tool during runs and physical training. Over time, the word "Aarugha" came to be too much of a mouthful, and eventually molded itself into the familiar "Oorah," according to Maj. Gary Marte, a retired Marine.

IIt has been used as a replacement for "Aye, Aye," as a greeting, and to announce the presence of Marines, such as when the Corps is mentioned to a mixed audience. To further demonstrate the indefatigable utility of OO-RAH, here is a compiled a top 10 list of possible meanings:

-I am a Marine.
    -I enthusiastically accept your message.
    -I am excited to be here.
    -Pleased to make your acquaintance.
    -What you ask of me, not only will I do, I will do in a manner befitting a Marine.
    -I expect good things out of you.
    -Good job.
    -I am not supposed to be motivated about performing this task, but I will force myself to express excitement for the benefit of my fellow Marines and to tactfully annoy my superiors who gave me the task.
    -I love being a Marine.
    -I am about to destroy something.
    Are we getting many hit's on this in game?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Recruiting for the SFMC is a tough deal to begin with...

A) its non-cannon... so anyone who is by the book, literal with Star Trek isn't going to buy into this....
    Even though its 100% feesible. Starfleet= Navy.... Marine Corps = Dept of the Navy... I mean, do we really expect Starfleet to fight the ground wars? Not every war takes place in space.

B) Its a RP idea.... so if you're not into RP... then you're not going to buy into this. It takes a special breed of RPer, to want to be a Starfleet Marine.

And I'm ok with the small number of hits we get for this.... It helps maintain the image of "The Few, and Proud"

if we were huge, we'd just be Starfleet. The SFMC is the Elite of the Elite for Starfleet. We are the hardcore- ground fighting experts...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    General McHale: Yes, Enlist into AMOC..... We have punch and pie.

Colonel Winters: General McHale, we don't have punch a......

General McHale: I'm aware of this, but more people will check us out if they think we have punch and pie.

General Crosse: **with a mouthfull** These are excellent brownies Sir....

General McHale: Brownies??? *facepalm* Tell me you didn't get those from Jacorp.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    End of Event Briefing - THURSDAY:

Well, the Fleet set out on a mission and it was a success - on many fronts.

1) We gathered approx. 20 fleet members together in Club47 (a first time for so many)
    2) We engaged the Crystalline Entity (a 1st mass AF event)
    3) We defeated the Crystalline Entity (need I say more?)
    4) Guynemer discovered Crystal Fragments love the taste of french food.

And most importantly....

The Marines combined to do the most damage! OORAH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To a sense, of Honor.
    They are Shaped...
    Hardened...
    Sharpened...

... Enlist today...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We want YOU, yes, YOU, for Aurora Marine Operations Command.

Have you ever felt like you were destined for more, have you ever felt complacent with what you do, or have you ever just wanted to be part of group which truly is a brotherhood? Then join Aurora Marine Operations Command.

Aurora Marine Operations Command (or AMOC for short) is the Marine branch of Aurora Fleet. In efforts to increase our numbers, better our reputation, and to spread the word about us, we have created our own thread outside of our normal Fleet thread here in the STO forums. Don't get me wrong, we are full fledged members of Aurora Fleet and are will do everything to make it succeed, but we are also Marines.

The job of AMOC is to be Aurora Fleet's main fighting force on the ground why the others cover us from space. We are the ones in the trenches, getting down and dirty, sweating and bleeding for the Federation. WE ARE MARINES!

If you feel like you are up to the challenge of being on of the Federation's finest, proudest, and bravest, I urge you to enlist today in AMOC.

-Enlist Today-