test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So Cryptic when do we get our FREE RE-SPEC!?!?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So cryptic between bugged/broken skills. BOs that are completely broken with skills under each other and tons of wasted BO skill points. Engineer and science are worst off as 80% of our higher level skills are just completely broken and un-useable. I have an engineer Rear-Admiral and can hardly believe the amount of skills I have that are totally broken or cannot be used.

Eject warp core plasma = broken (REALLY broken, does not disable cloak, does not slow, duration broken)
Aceton Field = Broken badly (game thinks it is a ground skill)
Boarding Party = broken (takes to long for effect to happen, 60 seconds I think)
Gravity well = Broken (duration to short DoT is laughable)
Siphon energy = broken (does nothing)
Tikken's rift = broken (DoT is laghable and energy drain is nil)
Feedback pulse = broke my science BO with skills under skills.
Mask energy signature = horribly broken after you attempted to nerf it to appease the klingons.
Science team = broken (as this is the main counter to Viral matrix it is very important)
Klingon Carrier = Bugged (should only be able to spawn one type of fighter at a time.)

It seems the only skills I see working are tactical skills and the umpteen million heals.

I want a FREE RE-SPEC (NOT CHARGED ONE CENT OR A SINGLE C-STORE POINT). I want ALL my BO SKILL POINTS BACK. I want to re-spec ALL my own skills with a full refund of ALL points. I want it in the very next patch.

It is one thing to release 1/3 of a game content wise but for the character skill sets to be this far out of whack is completely another point all together.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A free respecc(apart from in-game fictional money, ofc) should always be the norm in games like these anyway. Pay-to-play MMORPGS with a cash shop are a damn disgrace and an insult.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    While you're right about a few of those skills, the Carrier isn't broken. It's supposed to spawn Two groups of fighters, not just one. Also, Science team works just fine for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I want a FREE RE-SPEC (NOT CHARGED ONE CENT OR A SINGLE C-STORE POINT). I want ALL my BO SKILL POINTS BACK. I want to re-spec ALL my own skills with a full refund of ALL points. I want it in the very next patch.

Veruca Salt? Is that you? :rolleyes:

Thanks for giving me laugh, anyway. You cheeky little scamp, you!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Free Re-spec is a must !!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow, demanding much?

I will say that Cryptic probably should have had a short period during the beta with pre-created characters of higher level so they could have properly bug-tested the higher-level content. That being said, you've obviously put in a lot of time already to get this far and therefore have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it already. Your best bet to getting these things resolved is to create bug reports in-game, not posting on the forums and shaking your metaphorical fist insisting that they feed your rampant need for respecs. All caps is certain to get their attention, I'm sure.

PS. If your post was sarcastic, then disregard all of the above. :X
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    While you're right about a few of those skills, the Carrier isn't broken. It's supposed to spawn Two groups of fighters, not just one. Also, Science team works just fine for me.

Actually it is only supposed to be able to spawn ONE TYPE of fighter at a time. Currently they can spawn BOTH fighters AND BoPs at the same time. Check the dev post on it.

But frankly that was bit off topic. The skills being this broken are a major issue.

And to the other poster. SCIENCE TEAM is supposed to be able to be self cast WHILE you are under the effects of VIRAL MATRIX. It IS broken per another dev post.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    RurouniQ wrote: »
    Wow, demanding much?

So I'm gonna guess you don't have a bridge officer with Aceton Field? Not only is the skill broken, but I can't even replace it with something that works.

Let alone the lack of information on what skills a captain has and how it affects what? I don't even know if the skills I'm picking are going to impact my characters performance, and I'm being as picky as I can thanks to a last minute idea that the Skill System should have a Cap.

This stuff needs to get fixed and players should get their respecs. If it turns out that they're gonna charge me because of their inability to make a skill that isn't broken or even give it an accurate description...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I haven't seen anything to the magnitude of meriting a free respec. BO points are so abundant, they are easy to replace.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wait, when did they ever say that the respec option would be free? I always assumed it would cost one of the many in-game currencies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ValcyrVexx wrote: »
    So I'm gonna guess you don't have a bridge officer with Aceton Field? Not only is the skill broken, but I can't even replace it with something that works.

Let alone the lack of information on what skills a captain has and how it affects what? I don't even know if the skills I'm picking are going to impact my characters performance, and I'm being as picky as I can thanks to a last minute idea that the Skill System should have a Cap.

This stuff needs to get fixed and players should get their respecs. If it turns out that they're gonna charge me because of their inability to make a skill that isn't broken or even give it an accurate description...

Well I knew there would be those that flamed the post. There are still those think Cryptic can do no wrong. They got sucked into the life time sub and probably would buy anything that Cryptic flashes before their eyes. But they will be the only ones left in a few months when the game clears out and they will wonder why nothing gets fixed. It will be because there is no money left to do so.

They will not however re think the reasons, like when they tell every single person with a legitimate complaint about the game to stfu or gtfo and the timeless comment of can I have your stuff.

We all know re-specs are coming as Cryptic has said so. I want them to push it along and fix the skills as well. It also needs to be free but Cryptic doesn't have a very good reputation when it comes to pinching pennies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The reason there are no respecs yet is because up until a couple of days before launch there was no need for them.

"how can we charge these guys for respecs in the store if we dont have them...... I know a SKILL CAP!"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I demand all these Idiots who keep makeing stupid topics are banned. For not getting the point this is opening week and EVERY MMO EVER MADE has issues to be addressed.

Make a GM ticket about the problems and send it in click the ? mark ingame and use it for what its made for. All posting bugs and TRIBBLE on the forum does is prove your an attention *****.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mrtauntaun wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything to the magnitude of meriting a free respec. BO points are so abundant, they are easy to replace.

you're forgetting character skill points
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A free respecc(apart from in-game fictional money, ofc) should always be the norm in games like these anyway. Pay-to-play MMORPGS with a cash shop are a damn disgrace and an insult.

And here you are, paying for the privilege of being insulted.

You should look into therapy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The reason there are no respecs yet is because up until a couple of days before launch there was no need for them.

"how can we charge these guys for respecs in the store if we dont have them...... I know a SKILL CAP!"

Sad that happened =(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't mind in game currency, but I won't be paying REAL money for a respec, that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wait... some skills don't work the way you want them to, some unintentionally and instead of ranting about fixing them you're asking for a respec?

sigh.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    And here you are, paying for the privilege of being insulted.

You should look into therapy.

I had no idea they were actually gonna add a cashshop to this game by the time I pre-ordered it. Had I known you'd actually have to pay money in addition to a monthly fee to unlock certain features in the game, i.e playable races (Having us pay to play as Fed. Klingons? That's a slap in the face to Worf-fans all over the world!) I might have hesitated. It is not the sign of a quality MMORPG. It is the sign of a desperate cash-cow.

Imagine in WoW if you'd have to shell out extra money to play as Orcs. Imagine the nerd rage...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    darmak wrote:
    wait... some skills don't work the way you want them to, some unintentionally and instead of ranting about fixing them you're asking for a respec?

sigh.

No not the way I want them to. The way they are SUPPOSED to work. they are BUGGED, The BOs are BUGGED, MANY of the class skills are BUGGED.

You do not think the skills should be fixed and we get a re-spec to fix our builds and re spend the points we wasted in these broken skills?

I have a nice bridge to sell you if that is truly what you think.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how quickly people forget that we were already promised in game, non c store respecs, just that they had to code it first
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sad that happened =(

Love your sig! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Veruca Salt? Is that you? :rolleyes:

Thanks for giving me laugh, anyway. You cheeky little scamp, you!

I want a bean feast!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So cryptic between bugged/broken skills. BOs that are completely broken with skills under each other and tons of wasted BO skill points. Engineer and science are worst off as 80% of our higher level skills are just completely broken and un-useable. I have an engineer Rear-Admiral and can hardly believe the amount of skills I have that are totally broken or cannot be used.

Eject warp core plasma = broken (REALLY broken, does not disable cloak, does not slow, duration broken)
    Boarding Party = broken (takes to long for effect to happen, 60 seconds I think)
    Mask energy signature = horribly broken after you attempted to nerf it to appease the klingons.
    Science team = broken (as this is the main counter to Viral matrix it is very important)
    Klingon Carrier = Bugged (should only be able to spawn one type of fighter at a time.)

It seems the only skills I see working are tactical skills and the umpteen million heals.

It is one thing to release 1/3 of a game content wise but for the character skill sets to be this far out of whack is completely another point all together.

Go back roll another toon and enjoy the ride this time.

The Klingon faction needs tons of work not just some minor tweaking so comments like "They did it to appease Klingons" just laughable.

You want to send a message to Cryptic I have a suggestion, dont give them any more of your money and cancel your account. Make sure to delete you forum account too.

Cheer up little buckaroo they will fix it, would you like some icecream?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Honestly BO stuff is immaterial. BO points are so numerous it borders on ridiculous. I have completely respecced by bridge officers several times and still have thousands of unused BO points.

But as for the skill tree for captains. Yeah, WTB fix.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No not the way I want them to. The way they are SUPPOSED to work. they are BUGGED, The BOs are BUGGED, MANY of the class skills are BUGGED.

:rolleyes: hmmm.... I wonder if she thinks they're bugged?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sigh yet another Judge post with random whining.

Boarding Party = NOT broken, effects often happen 3-15s after deployment, the skill is a bit weak.
    Siphon energy = Works just fine, I have it used on me all of the time and it drains 35+ power from all systems.
    Tikken's rift = Power drain is substantial provided you can get them to stay in it for 2+ seconds, like ALL of my power is gone substantial.
    Feedback pulse = Not broken, unless you count it destroying my hull as I shoot someone.
    Mask energy signature = MES was never intended to work as a cloak, it was intended to cloak you beyond combat range (5-16km depending on Aux), there is a dev post about it, or at least was in beta. It's previous implementation was a bug according to the devs.
    Science team = Science team does remove VM if used on you by someone else, additionally the buff does appear to sometimes prevent VM IF ST is higher than VM, but it is so rare that I'm pretty sure that aspect of it is bugged. it is NOT supposed to be used while VM'd YET, the devs have stated they are *implementing* that functionality due to player feedback.
    Klingon Carrier = Has two hangar bays yet it should only be able to launch one squad? lolwut?

*EVERY* time I see you ingame you do nothing but rant ill informed about perceived imbalances and broken items, it's tiresome.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thevedis wrote: »
    how quickly people forget that we were already promised in game, non c store respecs, just that they had to code it first

If the skill cap was truly put into the game because of game balance, and not a way to milk more cash from the cows, why on earth would they place them in the C-Store at all? I have yet to hear an answer to that question. IT just doesnt make sense. Spin it anyway you want, if it is purely for game balance WHY HAVE AN OPTION TO CHARGE FOR THEM IN THE C STORE AT ALL!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Your not getting one, might as well quit and go back to WoW.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If the skill cap was truly put into the game because of game balance, and not a way to milk more cash from the cows, why on earth would they place them in the C-Store at all? I have yet to hear an answer to that question. IT just doesnt make sense. Spin it anyway you want, if it is purely for game balance WHY HAVE AN OPTION TO CHARGE FOR THEM IN THE C STORE AT ALL!!

they havent even said theyd put themn in the c store, but people assume they will(even i do)

fact is, if its in game, you should never need the c store anyway for it so who cares
This discussion has been closed.