test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I have to wait in a queue because your server acts up and disconnects me ?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have to wait in a queue because your server acts up and disconnects me ? If this was on my end, ok fine i wouldn't complain to you, i would take it to my isp but it is YOUR server that is constantly not responding whenever i try to load a map. Something is not right here, don't you think ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yah its quite frustrating gettin booted, then dropped into... 353 outta 353 in queue

heres to hope that they actually do get more hardware. cheers
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There should be a second queue with priority, for people who crash and log back in within 5 minutes. Sure, Joe and Jane would have to wait a bit longer when they get out of work and log into STO, but crashing because of server issues should not put you in the back of a queue. Perhaps if crashing, you could be put in front of the queue, or atleast behind other crashers. Sure, it pushes back those who did not crash and just started STO, but unlike those who crash they weren't ingame yet. Priorities please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same here, total load of bs if you ask me. You login, play, get booted and have to wait again? pfft....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This issue needs to be fixed yesterday. I just got booted then put in 463/463.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You didn't hear this is their new method of managing the log-in queue?

In order to have the queue move and thus allow people in the queue to actually get in, they randomly boot people who are online out of the game freeing up a spot. You then get to wait in the queue.

Everyone wins this way! Genius!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To be honest having to queue to play a game you've paid for is unacceptable anyway, but this is even worse, having to queue when the server disconnects you. I agree that priorty should be made for people who have been disconnected due to a problem they have no control over.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    grr yet when u finally log in you find gold spammers playing on a 2 day del taco trial spamming in every system of the game. Yet paying customers have to wait in a que to login just to be disconnected when they zone to a new sector .... GRRR
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    they have until the 30 days period is up to fix the queue problem or im gone!

i canty believe as a paying customer i have to sit in a queue and its unnacceptable.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Plan on getting disconnected while loading into instances when you get there, too. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thats a really good point... Why am I getting spammed the f out of IN GAME at least once an hour, plus I have gold spam emails in my STO inbox? They are taking up bandwidth? Why dont you just bann all IP's from China =OP
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same to me. Got booted, joined the que at position 276. What the hell is this?!

I do understand that it takes time to estimate the necessary server capacity. But for gods sake... as long as this expansion / fixing process goes on, people that got kicked from the game should be on a top-priority que for a couple of minutes so they can quickly log back in and continue their missions along with their friends!

Hello Devs? Didn't you guys participate in other MMO launches or at least read the complaints in other games forums?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    300 spambot logging in before us. /sigh. Damn currency seller **** me off!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tuxedo wrote:
    I have to wait in a queue because your server acts up and disconnects me ? If this was on my end, ok fine i wouldn't complain to you, i would take it to my isp but it is YOUR server that is constantly not responding whenever i try to load a map. Something is not right here, don't you think ?

Sounds like WoW launch, except the queues were 2+ hours
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Originally Posted by TheWildOne

Repeating here because I would rather have the servers crash (and get Cryptic to use their HUGE profits already and buy some more damn servers to play......

There are NO queues!

Repeat... there are no queues.

It is a scam by Cryptic to make you wait so their crappy servers do not crash when too many people play. Don;t believe me? Cancel out of the que. Then go back in right away... you will notice your place in line as gone down. Cancel again, go back in and you will decrease even more. Keep doing this for like 10-20 seconds and you are in.

These "ques" they have are no real line; they count down to nothing since any 2 people who log in at the same time will actually get into "different" ques on the one authentication server.

Come on Cryptic - Lame.

Jenna
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well... let's see...

suspended or wait 4 hours in que on the time I actually can play. Tough choice....

I choose to play now. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TheWildOne wrote: »
    Originally Posted by TheWildOne

Repeating here because I would rather have the servers crash (and get Cryptic to use their HUGE profits already and buy some more damn servers to play......

There are NO queues!

Repeat... there are no queues.

It is a scam by Cryptic to make you wait so their crappy servers do not crash when too many people play. Don;t believe me? Cancel out of the que. Then go back in right away... you will notice your place in line as gone down. Cancel again, go back in and you will decrease even more. Keep doing this for like 10-20 seconds and you are in.

These "ques" they have are no real line; they count down to nothing since any 2 people who log in at the same time will actually get into "different" ques on the one authentication server.

Come on Cryptic - Lame.

Jenna

You know, if this were to cause the servers to crash, you actually could be suspended for violating the terms of service and intentionally causing a server outtage.

Just saying
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Logging in causes the sever to crash? lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Logging in causes the sever to crash? lol

No, but if what they are saying is correct, they are putting you in aqueue because the servers are on the verge of a crash, and by hammering a server, you do cause instability. Oh, and before the next person says "Oh, well then they need better servers," you need to research how server hosting works.

You could have a top of the line server setup, and if enough people hammer the servers, it will go down.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wow this could be a patience breaker for me, hopefully it stops when the 30 day free finishes, I would hate the whole "pay to be queued" thing.

I was about to help newbies when bam thrown out, sorry guys if you read this, wasnt my fault :/
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What queue is everyone talking about, i haven't needed to queue ever except in PvP?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bavoratu wrote: »
    wow this could be a patience breaker for me, hopefully it stops when the 30 day free finishes, I would hate the whole "pay to be queued" thing.

I was about to help newbies when bam thrown out, sorry guys if you read this, wasnt my fault :/

Well, they did say a few days ago, that even more servers are coming. And server equipment isnt exactly a "ITLL BE HERE TOMOROW AND 100% SETUP" deal. It takes about a week to get them configured.

Ah, here we go, launch day

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1004
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What queue is everyone talking about, i haven't needed to queue ever except in PvP?

oh my friend youll find out as I did today, someday if not sooner.

edit: even the forum says it requires 45 seconds to send in a post lol not good.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I said this before and it works.. when in queue cancel and log in again. Do it for 3-4 times depending upon your position in queue. You will be in game in no time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The queue is a queue for the shard your character is on. Thats all. The number you are in the queue gets mixed up by how many players are on the shard, and in the area you are.

Just cancel the queue, and log back in and out a few times. you'll skip it. Theres no need at all for the abusive language and threats from the majority of posters here.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    VarXX wrote:
    Well, they did say a few days ago, that even more servers are coming. And server equipment isnt exactly a "ITLL BE HERE TOMOROW AND 100% SETUP" deal. It takes about a week to get them configured.

nice! :D

ahh thanks for reminding me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    VarXX wrote:

weekend is close to over...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thasaint wrote: »
    weekend is close to over...

I believe I said "A Week" not a weekend. They'll be up Monday at the earliest. I knew this when it was posted.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    VarXX wrote:
    I believe I said "A Week" not a weekend. They'll be up Monday at the earliest. I knew this when it was posted.

"Our current plan is to have these changes in place sometime this coming weekend."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thasaint wrote: »
    "Our current plan is to have these changes in place sometime this coming weekend."

Learn to read.

My Mistake. Either way, 12 hours left. Also, ever hear of a company called Valve? "Half Life 2 Episode 3 in 2007" "Half Life 2 Episode 3 in 2008" "Half Life 2 Episode 3 in 2009 maybe" "Half Life 2 Episode 3 whenever"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    duke nukem forever

sorry for being harsh, edited it b4 ur finished ur post :P
This discussion has been closed.