test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop TRIBBLE the UK with downtime!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
11 AM to 1 PM GMT on a Saturday AND a Sunday?? Great move guys. Do it at 12 AM to 2 AM PST !!!!!!!! :mad:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I know.. it sucks fat donkey c*ck.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We are in the minority - anyway, it is only 2 hours :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Game is based in America, and sadly, where the profit can be made will always take priority. Sorry, but it won't change.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zayltsin wrote: »
    It's not about TRIBBLE us UK/EU players over, it's about sorting the servers out at a time that best fits the whole customer base (It's the Aussies that get hit the hardest time frame wise).

My only gripe with this maint is that it is on a damn Sunday of all days, oh and the fact that it is already 1:13pm GMT and the servers still aren't working. :(

Read the thread on the downtime, you would see why the server is still down.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey that's all my fault. As a lifetime subscriber I got to choose one of several perks, most ingame stuff. Instead I chose to schedule maintenance when it would most anger the UK/ANZ players.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's not about TRIBBLE us UK/EU players over, it's about sorting the servers out at a time that best fits the whole customer base (It's the Aussies that get hit the hardest time frame wise).

My only gripe with this maint is that it is on a damn Sunday of all days, oh and the fact that it is already 1:13pm GMT and the servers still aren't working. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is when the least users are logged in.

Let me give you something to get started building a bridge.... http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brick.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is when the least users are logged in.

Let me give you something to get started building a bridge.... http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brick.jpg

Of course this time tommorw when more people are at work/school would have even fewer users, and while it would no doubt kill those lifeless ****ers who have nothing outside of this game, itw ould fit the majority better.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My first experience of this game was just awful. Bought and downloaded the game last night, bought a subscription, created a character, got kicked off server, had to re-create character, put into queue of over 1000, eventually got in the game at 1AM, kicked off after 2 hours, decided to try again in the morning when less of the damn yanks where playing and what do I find? Downtime on a Sunday between 11 and 1. Nice.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh stop bloody complaining already.

1) The game is made by a US company.

2) The servers are in the US.

3) Those who work on said servers are based in the US.

4) So they will do it at a time that suits the US.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rage some more you fool.

This is NOT in primetime for UK or USA or EU

Its the best time. Cry me a river because you want to play now?

Well, i bet you'd cry if they do it during 6-10 pm GMT. Prime time. Hah.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I propose a fine of 5 bars of gold-pressed latinum for whining.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    EVE Online, based in Iceland with servers in London, has downtime every day from 11-12 GMT. It's simply the lowest use time to do it for a game with one worldwide server cluster.

If you really think it "suits the US developer" to do downtime at 3am in California, you have an entitlement complex that has addled your ability to think rationally.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rkiver wrote: »
    They're not picking a time that suits the US. They pick the time when he least number of people are playing based on their server data. Trust me, if the least number of people playing was from 11-1 PM US time, that's when the game would be patched. It's not about TRIBBLE over any one area. It's about TRIBBLE over the least number of paying customers each time a patch is up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rkiver wrote: »
    Oh stop bloody complaining already.

1) The game is made by a US company.

2) The servers are in the US.

3) Those who work on said servers are based in the US.

how many MMO companies got rich pandering only to america? none I bet. Cryptic need us whether there are more Americans than Europeans or not. The sooner they realise that the better
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    do people realize no matter what time its brought down one country or another going to yell why you bringing it down its like prime time for playing it for Me
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    11 AM to 1 PM GMT on a Saturday AND a Sunday?? Great move guys. Do it at 12 AM to 2 AM PST !!!!!!!! :mad:

Stop TRIBBLE UK people with downtime?

stop TRIBBLE yourself during YOUR downtime!! =P

Note: This comment is made in harmless jest in the hopes of a laugh.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How about you are all morons. You think they want to take it down every day of the weekend forever. They are doing this for internal and external patchs for the game. When they are done they will have a set date for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Solution:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Though I play with alot of the euro crew.. i feel like being a jackass since the RPers and their qqing ****ed me off..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As a UK player (Brighton, Sussex) I' just like to officially disown the other Brits whining about the maintenance times. 11AM-1PM GMT is not prime time except for at weekends, and even then it is just a few hours (allowing for over-run). Frankly that block would be better used doing chores/going to the cinema/ anything else rather than making the same damn threads for the umpteenth time.

Be thankful you don't have an ISP choking your bandwith (unlimited my buttawks) and giving you disconnects every map change at ACTUAL prime time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As an Englishman, I'd like to thank Cryptic for giving my fellow members of the British Isles something to complain about. Frankly, we're just not happy if we're not standing in the drizzle complaining about things.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nadoka wrote:
    do people realize no matter what time its brought down one country or another going to yell why you bringing it down its like prime time for playing it for Me

Maybe rotate times more so everyone shares the burden :)

Though I realize that is a long lost concept in this selfish world. But one can hope.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rotation is not practical. I'm not aware of any MMO that has done it that way. EVE, comparable to STO in that it has one cluster, does its downtime between 11 and 12pm GMT every day. It seems that this is the lowest use time, globally, on average.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    alreya wrote:
    Rotation is not practical. I'm not aware of any MMO that has done it that way. EVE, comparable to STO in that it has one cluster, does its downtime between 11 and 12pm GMT every day. It seems that this is the lowest use time, globally, on average.

If that is the lowest use time, seems fair as well. The minority of us that play at that time surely can wait a little?
    I know I can :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hello everyone. As a US gamer, while I'm not experiencing this problem for myself (atleast not as of current), I would like to point out what others already have - they're probably choosing a time when the least amount of paying customers are logged in. The less the better.

There really is no good time to take the game down without ****ing some time zone of players off. I can say that this kind of weekend patching is more than likely going to be a temporary thing. They'll eventually move to scheduled weekday maintenance during US Mornings (or whenever the slowest time is). Right now, the game is still relatively new. They're just working out the kinks.

Believe me when I say that I understand the frustration you EU and Aussieland folks are experiencing. The US had a primetown outage of about 5 hours the other day. It was unexpected, but still.. it was kinda annoying. Similar I'm sure to what you all are going thru.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    For those having Trek-gaming blues during downtimes, may I recommend: Flash Trek: Broken Mirror. It's a pretty fun flash trek game. It even saves progress onto your cache so you can continue playing the same game even after closing the browser. :)

Note: There is a FlashTrek 2 and I think even a FlashTrek 3. Just google 'em online.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why don't they do it during the week instead of the weekend then at this time? That way most people in the EU would be at work/school/uni so even less people would be on playing it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LOL ... it's not UK downtime, it's World downtime. Plus, I am guessing Cryptic need to do things during hours which are practical and convenient to them. I say this as someone in the UK. Patience is key.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Carltronus wrote:
    Game is based in America, and sadly, where the profit can be made will always take priority. Sorry, but it won't change.

What he wrote.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cygnus-Dax wrote: »
    LOL ... it's not UK downtime, it's World downtime. Plus, I am guessing Cryptic need to do things during hours which are practical and convenient to them. I say this as someone in the UK. Patience is key.

Well that's just a wrong way of doing it. As someone who deals with servers I know you do maintenance at a time that is convenient to the customer, not the people who run the servers.

Therefore during the week at a time when there is likely to be less people on than at the weekend would be the better option.
This discussion has been closed.