What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grace Period Ends. So Soon?

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LordSpyder wrote: »
    We also offer live phone support Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST US and 8 GMT to 16 GMT UK

so I would have to wait till moday morning, I need my STO fix now!

Hum. Do you still have the DDE version purchased? Maybe you can download the client from a misc. site and grab your key from the DDE provider. Where you download the game from isn't all that important... you just need your key.
    edited February 2010
    eyelusion wrote: »
    WTF do you people get so upset with me for? Can I call them today or tomorrow with that number, if I wanted to? NO. It's Monday thru Friday. Omg, I'm such a moron for following Cryptic's advice on how to get this resolved by forming a ticket and sending an email. You fanbois are ****ing me off with your nonsensical stay on the line for hours and hours to get something fixed.

I don't have the f*n time in a day to sit longer than about an hour, of which I've done for 1.5 hours and still couldn't get anyone to answer. They aren't available on the weekend. I work from 7am to 6pm, PST, Monday thru Friday. WhenTF am I supposed to call them for 3-4 hours on hold? This is f*n stupid.

Uhm... I didn't get upset with you. I'm not the one being irrational here.
    And I fail to see how calling for help is "nonsensical". While a lot of companies push for email-like avenues first these days, phone support is still the fallback norm if the matter requires urgent attention.

I've been on both sides of the situation. I've had to wait for hours on hold before, and I worked in an undermanned technical support call center that, when a problem came up, our display board would often show wait times in excess of an hour.

So I sympathize with your situation but I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish by complaining about it here and attacking me.
    edited February 2010
    WTF do you people get so upset with me for? Can I call them today or tomorrow with that number, if I wanted to? NO. It's Monday thru Friday. Omg, I'm such a moron for following Cryptic's advice on how to get this resolved by forming a ticket and sending an email. You fanbois are ****ing me off with your nonsensical stay on the line for hours and hours to get something fixed.

I don't have the f*n time in a day to sit longer than about an hour, of which I've done for 1.5 hours and still couldn't get anyone to answer. They aren't available on the weekend. I work from 7am to 6pm, PST, Monday thru Friday. WhenTF am I supposed to call them for 3-4 hours on hold? This is f*n stupid.

You'd rather trust email support, which, by your own admission, hasn't answered tickets that are a week old, but sitting on the phone for MAYBE two hours is too much?

If sitting on the phone when it's necessary is too much of a hassle for you, I'd suggest you take a break tomorrow, and come back to STO when your game arrives. Obviously, you need it.
    edited February 2010
    You have to enter the Retial key from the retail box, which is different then the headstart key. So, in total, you will need to have input 2 keys, as you already put the headstart key in. There response to you is wrong and is why you can't log in now. Input the retail key if you have it.

After a quick check in my email, there it was, the digi-download key. :eek: I figured they'd see I did order the entire game (not just the pre-order) and let me in the door with everybody else. How silly of me to think that.

Thank you all for the help, see you on the other side.

As you were.
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    Hum. Do you still have the DDE version purchased? Maybe you can download the client from a misc. site and grab your key from the DDE provider. Where you download the game from isn't all that important... you just need your key.

no it won't let me purchase it, I have the boxed collectors edition from amazon purchased but being in germany it takes a while to get here
    edited February 2010
    pogi23 wrote: »
    After a quick check in my email, there it was, the digi-download key. :eek: I figured they'd see I did order the entire game (not just the pre-order) and let me in the door with everybody else. How silly of me to think that.

Thank you all for the help, see you on the other side.

As you were.

You can cancel a preorder after entering the preorder key. That's why the preorder key doesn't give you anything past the grace period.
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    Uhm... I didn't get upset with you. I'm not the one being irrational here.
    And I fail to see how calling for help is "nonsensical". While a lot of companies push for email-like avenues first these days, phone support is still the fallback norm if the matter requires urgent attention.

I've been on both sides of the situation. I've had to wait for hours on hold before, and I worked in an undermanned technical support call center that, when a problem came up, our display board would often show wait times in excess of an hour.

So I sympathize with your situation but I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish by complaining about it here and attacking me.

I apologize if I sound attacking. I'm frustrated as I've tried what I believed I could during the week and am now out of luck on the weekend. I even spent 2 hours with BestBuy, on the phone (they answer in a few minutes) demanding them to open another box to give me a retail key. However, they are claiming they didn't get my game for shipment until the 3rd and, because of this, believe it's the publisher's fault for not sending it on time.

Either way, I suppose if I'm not too ****ed to just give up the game due to a lack of customer service, whether it be phone, in-game ticket, email or all avenues....I may try one more long call on Monday am to see if they will extend as I do have the day scheduled off.

Don't take it personal. I feel burned by BestBuy and Cryptic for paying for something that I can't use with all the excuses in the world as to why it's okay for both BestBuy and Cryptic to not have my preorder to me but not okay that I didn't do enough to get what I've already paid for. It's seems backwards and it's frustrating.

Thanks for the phone numbers. I'll verify if that's the one I called or not and try it again on Monday, unless I'm too frustrated. In that case, the game gets returned before opening from the mail, whenever it gets here. I just don't have enough time to deal with so much TRIBBLE over trying to enjoy my time with a game. It's too bad that BestBuy and/or Cryptic don't understand that.

I'm sure the forums will be filled with enough venom tommorrow as everyone wakes up to login and realizes they can't. It's not like BestBuy is a small retailer. Cryptic doesn't seem to care about forum venom as long as they get the money of which they do have mine, for now.
    edited February 2010
    You can cancel a preorder after entering the preorder key. That's why the preorder key doesn't give you anything past the grace period.

Oh good. That'll get rid of the riff-raff.
    edited February 2010
    I apologize if I sound attacking. I'm frustrated as I've tried what I believed I could during the week and am now out of luck on the weekend. I even spent 2 hours with BestBuy, on the phone (they answer in a few minutes) demanding them to open another box to give me a retail key. However, they are claiming they didn't get my game for shipment until the 3rd and, because of this, believe it's the publisher's fault for not sending it on time.

Either way, I suppose if I'm not too ****ed to just give up the game due to a lack of customer service, whether it be phone, in-game ticket, email or all avenues....I may try one more long call on Monday am to see if they will extend as I do have the day scheduled off.

Don't take it personal. I feel burned by BestBuy and Cryptic for paying for something that I can't use with all the excuses in the world as to why it's okay for both BestBuy and Cryptic to not have my preorder to me but not okay that I didn't do enough to get what I've already paid for. It's seems backwards and it's frustrating.

Thanks for the phone numbers. I'll verify if that's the one I called or not and try it again on Monday, unless I'm too frustrated. In that case, the game gets returned before opening from the mail, whenever it gets here. I just don't have enough time to deal with so much TRIBBLE over trying to enjoy my time with a game. It's too bad that BestBuy and/or Cryptic don't understand that.

I'm sure the forums will be filled with enough venom tommorrow as everyone wakes up to login and realizes they can't. It's not like BestBuy is a small retailer. Cryptic doesn't seem to care about forum venom as long as they get the money of which they do have mine, for now.

Fair enough. I can certainly understand your frustration, and I'm a little disappointed to hear Cryptic didn't man their phones over this weekend at least. With all the account problems they're having it would have been a very nice gesture for them to have done so.

And I'm fortunate in that I have a desk job. If I need to deal with long hold times I just stick on my headset and listen to the lovely hold music while I work.

Best of luck in getting it sorted.
    edited February 2010

You really don't have too much to whine about. A lot of people who preordered with Amazon won't have their copies shipped until Monday. If those people took the free shipping, they aren't getting their copies until the 21st.

I would have been one of them, but for one thing - when I was put on hold, I DIDN"T HANG UP. I had to talk to them three times to get the situation rectified in a matter I considered satisfactory.

Also, Atari screwed you, if Best Buy is to be believed, not Cryptic. Atari is the company that distributes the game.
    edited February 2010
    Robsvt wrote:
    mmm not sure i can be bothered with the international call actually.

(UK)
    0870 490 0617
    edited February 2010
    You really don't have too much to whine about. A lot of people who preordered with Amazon won't have their copies shipped until Monday. If those people took the free shipping, they aren't getting their copies until the 21st.

I would have been one of them, but for one thing - when I was put on hold, I DIDN"T HANG UP. I had to talk to them three times to get the situation rectified in a matter I considered satisfactory.

Also, Atari screwed you, if Best Buy is to be believed, not Cryptic. Atari is the company that distributes the game.

It might be Atari. I don't really care who at this point. I do know the game is in Kentucky via Standard mail, and I'm in Washington State, due to BestBuy sending it mailexpress and the snow storm holding it up, or so they say. The expected ship date of the 8th isn't the case anymore. BestBuy doesn't have any idea and the shipper hasn't tracked it since Friday, the 5th, in the morning and made it sound like they just received it from the supplier. I'm expecting sometime between the 10th and 12th, based off of Standard shipping from Kentucky to here.

Either way, I'm locked out like many others with no phone line to call when I have hours to wait on hold as I don't work weekends.

Like I said, I'll try again on Monday to see if they will extend my grace period. If not, I'm done with the game. It's not worth it....this is where you were right earlier. I don't care to go through hours of hoops to play a game that I already paid for. Someone else should be aware of the issues and have adjusted accordingly. Unfortunately, nobody did or seems to care.

And, Cryptic is working on another MMO as we type even though they can't keep the servers up long enough for Champions Online either. Crazy company...
    edited February 2010
    well I managed to use paypal to buy it from gametap but I can't find the ratail code any where
    edited February 2010
    A long time ago, there was this guy, I can't remember his name. He made this really cool thing. You pick it up and hold it to your ear. You press some buttons on it, and, if you press the right ones in the right order, you'll magically talk to someone else using a different thing. Theirs has buttons, too. I wonder if Cryptic has one of those magical boxes. What were they called, again?

Oh, yeah, a PHONE!!!!!

what a helpful post, why do people here have to be such tossers. Have found this forum more aggressive than most and the peeps who complain about a genuine problem are called trolls by the diehard trekkers.
This discussion has been closed.