test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grace Period Ends. So Soon?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Come on Cryptic! Only 4 days grace?
Thanks to Best Buy I am locked out of the game because my pre-order was back-ordered and it didnt go out till 2/4. (yes I was stupid enough to have it delivered thinking it would get here sooner). It is still in transit and most likely wont be here till Monday, probably more like Tuesday or Wednesday.

Why such a short grace period? Why not give us at least a week to get our copy?

I was having a great time playing tonight and then BAM! Kicked.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As I said in another thread, you have had since head start to contact Cryptic Billing Support. Cryptic has said many times that those who will be locked out for whatever reason after the grace period need to contact them.
    edited February 2010
    Server capacity + whiners = short grace period. I feel sorry for Aussies waiting on retail to be honest. They won't get retail till the 11th.
    edited February 2010
    Im trying to rememeber, but I think AOC and Aion were about the same time length, 5 days counting launch, aka the Saturday following launch.
    edited February 2010
    As I said in another thread, you have had since head start to contact Cryptic Billing Support. Cryptic has said many times that those who will be locked out for whatever reason after the grace period need to contact them.

Where have they said that? I didnt see it in the Announcements section or on the News page.
    edited February 2010
    Mangh wrote:
    Where have they said that? I didnt see it in the Announcements section or on the News page.

I've seen it up on the launcher to get into the game at least four times this week.
    edited February 2010

yep and 4 days with no response from the ticket. sigh
    edited February 2010
    don't worry I'm locked out too and I never saw that and posted on the fourms multiple time asking about it with no responses
    I hope they look at the ticketts on sundays
    edited February 2010
    Robsvt wrote:
    yep and 4 days with no response from the ticket. sigh

A long time ago, there was this guy, I can't remember his name. He made this really cool thing. You pick it up and hold it to your ear. You press some buttons on it, and, if you press the right ones in the right order, you'll magically talk to someone else using a different thing. Theirs has buttons, too. I wonder if Cryptic has one of those magical boxes. What were they called, again?

Oh, yeah, a PHONE!!!!!
    edited February 2010
    mmm not sure i can be bothered with the international call actually.
    edited February 2010
    A long time ago, there was this guy, I can't remember his name. He made this really cool thing. You pick it up and hold it to your ear. You press some buttons on it, and, if you press the right ones in the right order, you'll magically talk to someone else using a different thing. Theirs has buttons, too. I wonder if Cryptic has one of those magical boxes. What were they called, again?

Oh, yeah, a PHONE!!!!!

Then some other guy made a list of the right buttons and put them all in a book. Then some other guy put that book in a searchable form on the internets!
    edited February 2010

This is the biggest problem. We have been contacting them via email, in-game ticket and trying by phone. I have tickets open, my earliest on February 4th, early in the am, PST. We aren't getting any response back but a cookie cutter new thread stating to contact billing support if you didn't get a retail key yet.

We are trying, but nobody is answering. This is extremely frustrating.
    edited February 2010
    Robsvt wrote:
    mmm not sure i can be bothered with the international call actually.

They have an EU number, too. If that still doesn't help, you could always call collect.
    edited February 2010

Oh, yeah, a PHONE!!!!!

Right. I sat on hold for about an hour and a half waiting for someone to answer. There isn't anyone that I'm aware of, just as our tickets haven't been answered for days. The situation seems helpless, is frustrating and I know will lead to less subs as customers feel burned by no response, even though they are asking us to ask for one.

I don't understand why they keep asking us to contact them if there are issues when they will not respond to any of the issues. It all just seems like smoke and mirrors...bogus.
    edited February 2010
    What ever they give out its not always enough for everyone but they did their part, a few days grace and now its time to lock it up, start making the gold sellers pay for a sub, im going to smile every time I ignore one.

I hope they lock the forums too, not seen anything if they will or not but I hope they do.
    edited February 2010
    They have an EU number, too. If that still doesn't help, you could always call collect.

meh, they don't take collect calls from NZ.
    edited February 2010
    eyelusion wrote: »
    Right. I sat on hold for about an hour and a half waiting for someone to answer. There isn't anyone that I'm aware of, just as our tickets haven't been answered for days. The situation seems helpless, is frustrating and I know will lead to less subs as customers feel burned by no response, even though they are asking us to ask for one.

I don't understand why they keep asking us to contact them if there are issues when they will not respond to any of the issues. It all just seems like smoke and mirrors...bogus.

There is someone there. I've actually talked to them, twice, trying to figure out why I couldn't get my lifetime sub when I wanted to buy it. Guess what? It was actually important enough to me to get the situation taken care of in a timely manner, so I waited on hold. I talked to someone. I had my situation resolved within five minutes of talking to someone.

IMO, an email isn't "contacting them." Until you talk to someone, which emails, being one-directional, isn't, you haven't done anything.

IMO, either this problem isn't a big deal in any way (otherwise I would think you'd actually stay on the phone until the problem is solved), or you're just too lazy to take the initiative.
    edited February 2010
    Robsvt wrote:
    meh, they don't take collect calls from NZ.

Well, the USA number is toll-free, so, unless your phone company sucks, you shouldn't be charged anything for it.
    edited February 2010
    There is someone there. I've actually talked to them, twice, trying to figure out why I couldn't get my lifetime sub when I wanted to buy it. Guess what? It was actually important enough to me to get the situation taken care of in a timely manner, so I waited on hold. I talked to someone. I had my situation resolved within five minutes of talking to someone.

IMO, an email isn't "contacting them." Until you talk to someone, which emails, being one-directional, isn't, you haven't done anything.

IMO, either this problem isn't a big deal in any way (otherwise I would think you'd actually stay on the phone until the problem is solved), or you're just too lazy to take the initiative.

You're right. Everyone should stay on hold listening to Star Trek music for hours and hours when every thread Cryptic makes asks for everyone to submit everything thru an in-game ticket or email to billing support. /sarcasm

There's no lazy here, if you wish to call names. Look at the amount of posts in threads I've made on this issue. I've called but nobody picked up, I've emailed and have a ticket from early morning on Feb 4th, ticket 94115 and I have an in-game ticket that's not been replied to either.

That's not lazy. It's really obnoxious and persistent in trying to get a reply the way Cryptic has asked us to follow.

Show me where they say to call and stay on hold for hours until you reach someone or nothing will be fixed! Show me and I'll do it. All I see is a lack of response on all levels. Prove me wrong.
    edited February 2010
    I've redeemed the product key in headstart (I've tried activating it again to see if it makes a difference--it doesn't), was there anything else I needed to do?
    edited February 2010
    pogi23 wrote: »
    I've redeemed the product key in headstart (I've tried activating it again to see if it makes a difference--it doesn't), was there anything else I needed to do?

Nope. That's all you need to do.
    edited February 2010
    Show me where they say to call and stay on hold for hours until you reach someone or nothing will be fixed! Show me and I'll do it. All I see is a lack of response on all levels. Prove me wrong.

Have you talked to someone? No? How can there be a response if you haven't actually talked to anyone? You submitted an in-game ticket. Whoopty-freaking-doo. Cryptic should stop everything they're working on and get right to work solving YOUR problems, because you don't want to wait in line to get your stuff fixed like everyone else.

Don't want to wait on hold? Get a phone with speakerphone built in. Dial the number, get put on hold, and press speakerphone. Now, do whatever you want to do until someone picks up. That's what I had to do. Annoying? Hell yeah. However, I was more concerned with actually getting my problem solved than with having to expel more effort than what is required to type two sentences.
    edited February 2010
    well I'm a US soldier living in germany, so I takes time to get here. so I'm S.O.L.
    then I decided TRIBBLE it I'll buy the DDE version so I can play now, I'll get my preorder TRIBBLE when it gets here.
    that's a no go also, "you can't download that from Germany" so I try the german site, it gives me the same ingame bonuses. nope won't take my credit card.
    edited February 2010
    You're right. Everyone should stay on hold listening to Star Trek music for hours and hours when every thread Cryptic makes asks for everyone to submit everything thru an in-game ticket or email to billing support. /sarcasm

There's no lazy here, if you wish to call names. Look at the amount of posts in threads I've made on this issue. I've called but nobody picked up, I've emailed and have a ticket from early morning on Feb 4th, ticket 94115 and I have an in-game ticket that's not been replied to either.

That's not lazy. It's really obnoxious and persistent in trying to get a reply the way Cryptic has asked us to follow.

Prove you wrong by finding a source that says, specifically, to call them and wait for hours?
    Nice setup you made for yourself there. Of course they'd never say that specifically. However, a little searching and....

Phone Support:
    We also offer live phone support Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST US and 8 GMT to 16 GMT UK. You can contact us by phone at:
    (USA)
    +1-408-404-1714
    (UK)
    0870 490 0617

You shouldn't have to be told that talking to someone in real-time is a superior way to get problems addressed.
    edited February 2010
    Nope. That's all you need to do.

Okay, so my being locked out is, um, a glitch that (unfortunately) others are experiencing as well?
    edited February 2010
    LordSpyder wrote: »
    well I'm a US soldier living in germany, so I takes time to get here. so I'm S.O.L.
    then I decided TRIBBLE it I'll buy the DDE version so I can play now, I'll get my preorder TRIBBLE when it gets here.
    that's a no go also, "you can't download that from Germany" so I try the german site, it gives me the same ingame bonuses. nope won't take my credit card.

Ouch. :(
    That's definitely a tough spot.
    I'd suggest you try calling to see if they can extend your grace period, given the circumstances. A non-German accent calling from a German number should provide some evidence you're not trying to pull a quick one.
    edited February 2010
    Okay, so my being locked out is, um, a glitch that (unfortunately) others are experiencing as well?

I hear that's happening. What do you have in your products list? (main page > My Account > under Activated Features)
    That's usually the quickest way to see if something quirky is happening.
    edited February 2010

You have to enter the Retial key from the retail box, which is different then the headstart key. So, in total, you will need to have input 2 keys, as you already put the headstart key in. There response to you is wrong and is why you can't log in now. Input the retail key if you have it.
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    Ouch. :(
    That's definitely a tough spot.
    I'd suggest you try calling to see if they can extend your grace period, given the circumstances. A non-German accent calling from a German number should provide some evidence you're not trying to pull a quick one.

We also offer live phone support Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST US and 8 GMT to 16 GMT UK

so I would have to wait till moday morning, I need my STO fix now!
    edited February 2010
    You have to enter the Retial key from the retail box, which is different then the headstart key. So, in total, you will need to have input 2 keys, as you already put the headstart key in. There response to you is wrong and is why you can't log in now. Input the retail key if you have it.

What he told me, to get what I told him, made it sound like he DID put in his retail key. If I was mistaken, I apologize.
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    Prove you wrong by finding a source that says, specifically, to call them and wait for hours?
    Nice setup you made for yourself there. Of course they'd never say that specifically. However, a little searching and....

Phone Support:

You shouldn't have to be told that talking to someone in real-time is a superior way to get problems addressed.

WTF do you people get so upset with me for? Can I call them today or tomorrow with that number, if I wanted to? NO. It's Monday thru Friday. Omg, I'm such a moron for following Cryptic's advice on how to get this resolved by forming a ticket and sending an email. You fanbois are ****ing me off with your nonsensical stay on the line for hours and hours to get something fixed.

I don't have the f*n time in a day to sit longer than about an hour, of which I've done for 1.5 hours and still couldn't get anyone to answer. They aren't available on the weekend. I work from 7am to 6pm, PST, Monday thru Friday. WhenTF am I supposed to call them for 3-4 hours on hold? This is f*n stupid.
This discussion has been closed.