Options

If SOE had made this game...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    namsemag wrote: »
    can everyone PLEASE get their facts straight the NGE was forced upon SOE by Lucas arts and a man called Julio Torres, less than a month before the NGE was announced SOE were working on the long awaited scout upgrade.

Please do not mention that mans name in my beloved star trekboard. Because of him, I cringe at the word "iconic" which know I have very faith in Bioware because they uaed the term iconic as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If SoE made Star Trek, it would be:

Riddled with "Station Market", where you can buy unique uniforms for one character, that costs $10 each! (Aka EverquestII)

You will also be able to buy pets, unique armament for your ships, bridge officers and "fun" food, via the Station Market, for real world money. If you don't want to buy them, then you're stuck with the basic stuff that has the percise stats to make you gimped and want to buy these items from the Station Market (Aka Free Realms)

You will grind missions for tokens, to which you can then use these tokens to buy what you want. Want a new ship chassis? 532490532 tokens.

(and people think Cryptic is greedy with their micro-transaction store)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Teelow wrote: »
    NGE = New Gaming Experience. The worst half brained idea SWG ever came up with that lead to the not too soon demise of it.

NGE is actually New Game Enhancements, but I wouldn't expect you to know that considering you're just another brainless "SWG Golden Age" preacher. If you had've actually played the game back then, you would know just how terrible it was.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    namsemag wrote: »
    can everyone PLEASE get their facts straight the NGE was forced upon SOE by Lucas arts and a man called Julio Torres, less than a month before the NGE was announced SOE were working on the long awaited scout upgrade.

Actually, it was largely SOE's fault. LA didn't help, but there was a dev blog from someone at SOE who helped concoct the NGE and he basically said "it was us, it was our idea." I hope for TOR's sake, Bioware told LA they better stay out of the game's development, short of speaking for Lucas and distributing the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I hope for TOR's sake, Bioware told LA they better stay out of the game's development, short of speaking for Lucas and distributing the game.

Over half the development team is SOE's that worked on SWG.
This discussion has been closed.