Install Arc
Options

Servers are Full: "W>T>F"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Apparently, none of the complainers here can think beyond "IWANTIWANTIWANTIWANT."

1. MMO launches are always screwed up. If you have extremely limited time to play, either figure out when the server load is light, or wait for a month to start.
    2. Cryptic went by established numbers. X people will start in Beta, but only Y% will stay throughout beta. Z % will continue to play when the game goes live. Unfortunately, ST has a huge fanbase, so the number were more like X times 10 start, X times 9 stay, X times 150 go live.
    3. No, all the bugs are not worked out yet. They never will get all of them. No MMO ever goes completely bug free.
    4. If you are so frustrated by a little thing like a game that you are having trouble with, stop playing.
    5. A large number of the complaints are because of crappy computers/old drivers, poor connection, or just PEBKAC. Make sure it's none of these before you complain.
    6. Quit screaming. Either have patience or go play WoW.
    7. If you're going to cancel your sub, do it, then leave. We don't want you, and we don't care about your goodbye tantrum.
    8. If you can't be constructive or offer a useful idea, STFU.

Yes, it's frustrating when the server wets itself. You know what? Take a break. Go clean the house. Play with the kids. Read a book. Watch a show. Then come back. Quit being one of the problem children on these forums.

I read this post and it seems you have some intelligence, except you miss the obvious. Why should we as a community accept this because it has happened before? Is there a point when devs should learn from previous experiences and do "just one better"?
    Your point 4, are you kidding? keep playing and complaining are how thing change. Not one MMO is the same as it was at launch and some of the change, in large part, is because of the complaints.
    Your 7 and 8 points are just as constructive as you suggest the whiners should be. Your attitude is actually worse seeing you have nothing to gain from your post expect to show how self righteous you actually are.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And I believe anybody complaining about queues here probably logs in, sees queue, and quits instantly.

I've yet to have a queue take me longer than 5 minutes to get in-game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dont even get a queue I get the ever fun " you are not allowed to log into the servers at this time" hmm they show availible...

here was are 5 days after launch I think I have successfully spend a total of 4 hours in game it very short snips between disconnects. I know I know "Its your connection!" the fanboys all scream. Nope Champions online runs just fine thank you.

I really hope they fix this game it looked interesting from what I could see. I wonder if they should abandon the single server idea.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Apparently, none of the complainers here can think beyond "IWANTIWANTIWANTIWANT."

1. MMO launches are always screwed up. If you have extremely limited time to play, either figure out when the server load is light, or wait for a month to start.

BUT they shouldn't be allways screwed up, should we really be so IDIOTS that we allways take it as bad it is?
    YOU are nuts if you really like this standart, wake up, we have 2010.

2. Cryptic went by established numbers. X people will start in Beta, but only Y% will stay throughout beta. Z % will continue to play when the game goes live. Unfortunately, ST has a huge fanbase, so the number were more like X times 10 start, X times 9 stay, X times 150 go live.

Cryptic does it like all other devs of MMO's have done before, thats a fail.
    If you hand over 150.000 copies of a game to retailers, you HAVE TO be prepared for 150.000 customers, thats it.

3. No, all the bugs are not worked out yet. They never will get all of them. No MMO ever goes completely bug free.

Thats true and acceptable.

4. If you are so frustrated by a little thing like a game that you are having trouble with, stop playing.

no comment on that.

5. A large number of the complaints are because of crappy computers/old drivers, poor connection, or just PEBKAC. Make sure it's none of these before you complain.

Your statement is absolutely wrong, why?
    Because tell me, why I had NOT those login issues, disconnects and bla bla bla serverissues in the last days of open beta? oh yeah my computer did change it form to a pentium II 350 mhz with 64MB SDRAM +lol+

Let ppl scream because THIS makes the devs do anything about the issues, if you are satisfied with a product which does actually not work as intended (or does not work at all in much cases) you're living 20th century, not 21st, you should go play WOW if you like it, but don't tell others to do so.

7. If you're going to cancel your sub, do it, then leave. We don't want you, and we don't care about your goodbye tantrum.

We don't want your postings too but we accept it or not? If you don't respect, or at least accept other peopleas opinions or minds, you should be prepared that they will care of you, as you care(d) for them.

Yes, it's frustrating when the server wets itself. You know what? Take a break. Go clean the house. Play with the kids. Read a book. Watch a show. Then come back. Quit being one of the problem children on these forums.

Ehm sorry but the game is for me "take a break" not vice versa...
    The entire day, I'm working enough, when I want to take a break, I want to play STO, but I can't..
    ehm please tell me, in wehich world do you live?

I hate myself to post this but I feel, that I have to, because I'm so sick of those ppl who simply accepts a broken product and tells me "oh every mmo has these problems at start" I work hard for my money and if I buy something, I want it to be fixed.
    I can live with minor bugs like the really terrible german localization (thats why I switched to english version) BUT I can't live with it,when I want to take my fu***ng break and to play STO, I CAN'T AT ALL.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You didn't pay for a product. You paid for permission to play the game on their server. The Terms of Service state that they take no responsibility for down time or unplayability and you agree to those terms before you play.

Your crying about the game makes no difference, and no, Cryptic is not paying attention to you. They have better things to do than sit here and read your ADHD temper tantrums.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sulda wrote: »
    You didn't pay for a product. You paid for permission to play the game on their server. The Terms of Service state that they take no responsibility for down time or unplayability and you agree to those terms before you play.

Your crying about the game makes no difference, and no, Cryptic is not paying attention to you. They have better things to do than sit here and read your ADHD temper tantrums.

I tried stating this earlier, and all the whiners did was flame and whine some more.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Teleon wrote: »
    Warning-Rant to follow!

So... as I understand it. I paid for a product that I can't use because the company who sold it to me cannot handle the customer base. I was sold a lemon for of a game. Awesome! Thank you Cryptic!

If I wanted to wait in line to do something enjoyable I'd go to a theme park you TRIBBLE-hats! :mad:

Go ahead trolls... have your fun!!!

I don't get it..I can post a rant on this forum and it gets locked for saying almost the same thing, just barely more colorful using words like "garbage". Would someone who reads this, PLEASE send me a message on how to behave on the forums because I can't seem to play nice, even when I'm trying to play nice. I'm very serious because I really want to know. If I'm doing something wrong by giving negative feedback please say so. I thought negative feedback was still feedback no? This is the "GENERAL GAMEPLAY FEEDBACK FORUM" right??
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Yes, it's frustrating when the server wets itself. You know what? Take a break. Go clean the house. Play with the kids. Read a book. Watch a show. Then come back. Quit being turns one of the problem children on these forums.

maybe they should have done some research into whether Star trek is popuar or not... turns out it is... shock horror!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pre order sales alone at $5+ per game should have netted enough cash to prepare for server load balancing issues. Why is it still so screwed then? Nearly every problem originates due to bad management decisions. This is no different and it is a business, not a game. The lead project manager has failed.

The arguments I see here hold no value with statements such as 'every MMO before has yadda yadda...', which to me indicate that there is a belief that we can not learn from history or past mistakes. Losers, go drink bleach please.

If you plan to fail, you will achieve your goal. MMO's need to design everything with the goal of being the best, and put the money where their mouth is, so to speak.

Think about it, over a million copies shipped out for go live, at $50+ per that comes to well over 50 million. Tell me where Cryptic/Atari loyalties lie.

I have cancelled my account as another poster stated, mainly to send a message that I am not happy. If everyone did that as well it would cause the developer teams to rethink their approach. Does this mean I will not resubscribe? No, I may.

Lastly I wish to say to people like NIghtmare111... what is your occupation, terrorist? FOAD
This discussion has been closed.