test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers are Full: "W>T>F"

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Warning-Rant to follow!

So... as I understand it. I paid for a product that I can't use because the company who sold it to me cannot handle the customer base. I was sold a lemon for of a game. Awesome! Thank you Cryptic!

If I wanted to wait in line to do something enjoyable I'd go to a theme park you TRIBBLE-hats! :mad:

Go ahead trolls... have your fun!!!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    your not missing much incredible lag loading taking forever its about to crash hard
    edited February 2010
    Teleon wrote: »
    Warning-Rant to follow!

So... as I understand it. I paid for a product that I can't use because the company who sold it to me cannot handle the customer base. I was sold a lemon for of a game. Awesome! Thank you Cryptic!

If I wanted to wait in line to do something enjoyable I'd go to a theme park you TRIBBLE-hats! :mad:

Yeah because no MMO ever has had to deal with a full server at some point or another....oh wait...
    edited February 2010
    TheMatlock wrote:
    Yeah because no MMO ever has had to deal with a full server at some point or another....oh wait...

He still has every right to complain as a paying customer. Specially people with limited playtime.
    edited February 2010
    You know there are a lot of people playing the game. Even WoW with multiple servers has a problem with full servers on occasion. It's not a new problem, and it's nothing new to MMOs. It's something you should be aware of when you pick up the game. You aren't *always* going to be able to play, especially if there's a large player fanbase like with Star Trek.
    edited February 2010
    Teething problems like this are normal on launch weekend, so nothing much we can do about it.

However, regularly full servers and queues in a few weeks time is unacceptable, just wanted to make the distinction, someone seemed to think it was acceptable fort hat to be the case, it isn't, but on occaision it does happen because no one can afford to have piles of surplass hardware sitting around just inc ase there are more people logging in than expected.
    edited February 2010
    I agree.. W-T-F... Totally...
    edited February 2010
    Awesome, game crashed....restarted it, waited in queue for 15 minutes, logged in, game crashed instantly.

Waiting on verify yet again and then more queueing, the combination of verify/queue is pretty darn irritating.
    edited February 2010
    TheMatlock wrote:

This is why you have multiple servers in most MMO's.

And this isn't the first time STO has had this issue, it's been known for weeks, and it's inexcusable for Atari/Cryptic to not have fixed it by now.

Also, please get help for your acute case of "John Smedley Syndrome".
    edited February 2010
    It's not logical to have ONE server for the tens of thousands of people around the world. I have to say it but those people who purchased the game on launch will be giving it bad reviews unless cryptic can sort it out in a week. Look at the forums. Queuing for a paying product!!

I know it's teething trouble but anybody can see this game will be bought in the thousands so they should have prepared it more efficiently.
    edited February 2010
    I'm betting anything there's somewhere in the EULA or license agreement that the game can be taken down at any given time, therefore making your argument completely invalid.
    edited February 2010
    pudsley wrote: »
    Teething problems like this are normal on launch weekend, so nothing much we can do about it.

However, regularly full servers and queues in a few weeks time is unacceptable, just wanted to make the distinction, someone seemed to think it was acceptable fort hat to be the case, it isn't, but on occaision it does happen because no one can afford to have piles of surplass hardware sitting around just inc ase there are more people logging in than expected.

Well no one knows the details of Cryptic's finances, but, maybe they don't? If they could afford it they would have had it fixed by now. But again, don't know any details regarding Cryptic's finances, so maybe that's not the case.

In my case though, if it's up, I play. If it's not, I have other things to entertain myself. I paid for 12 months, so it's not like I'm in a hurry. I'll enjoy myself when I can log on, if there are so many people logged in that I can't play, I'll do something else until the numbers go down. Simple, hassle free.
    edited February 2010
    They had an idea of how many sales they would have, so they should have planned accordingly. I think for every day you try to log in and get a queue you should get a free day tacked on to your account.
    edited February 2010
    Hey my advise to those stressing about queues in the opening of any new MMO is don't log in. Gives the rest of us with a better sense of reality a chance to get in quicker ;)
    edited February 2010
    Arguemt is invalid? How can an emotion or opinion be invalidated by some legal agreement? He didn't say that Cryptic owed him money or time or anything. He just said he felt like he paid for a product he can't use and that this is a lemon of a game. That has nothing to do with the EULA, even if you disagree with the opinion.

I agree enough that I've already cancelled my account, just to make sure I don't get automatically billed if this isn't improved by March 5th. As it stands, I've spent more time WAITING to play the game in the first 5 days than I've actually been able to PLAY the game. That's a very poor value, imo.

In the 12 minutes I read some threads and posted this reply, I went from 601 to 379 in queue. Yay. Only 15-20 more minutes until I can spend what will now be 30 minutes playing, instead of the 60 or so I had planned.
    edited February 2010

As a Veteran of more than 6 huge MMO launchs, I have to say two things.

First, this always happen at launch, and we as MMO vets are usually prepared for it. (310 out of 525 in que)

Second, we don't have to like it. Guys, its been a decade since MMO's hit the net. When are the companies gunna get it right and not launch unfinished material and call it retail ready as they take an ever increasing large amount of money from us just for the drivers and files. Lets not even mention the standard 14.95-99 a month.

Soule
    edited February 2010
    I''d rather wait in a queue on launch weekend than have the game be deserted....
    edited February 2010
    It's not logical to have ONE server for the tens of thousands of people around the world.

They don't, they have lots of servers/shards. However, the game is split into instances rather than full "realms" like in WoW.

It's the same as in Guild Wars/EVE. Lots of servers, but everyone plays together.

Plus, has no one noticed the news that they plan to add a load more servers this weekend?
    edited February 2010
    mrtauntaun wrote: »
    I''d rather wait in a queue on launch weekend than have the game be deserted....

qft :) Never a truer word spoken.
    edited February 2010
    gilmour wrote: »

In the 12 minutes I read some threads and posted this reply, I went from 601 to 379 in queue. Yay. Only 15-20 more minutes until I can spend what will now be 30 minutes playing, instead of the 60 or so I had planned.

So you learn next time to give yourself more time. Plan better now you know the delays :)
    edited February 2010
    lol damn I'm sooo ****ed I wanna play so badly. :(
    edited February 2010
    Devs should really make a que that when someone disconnects from game, he has 10min time to get back in past the que.
    edited February 2010
    Bloodlance wrote: »
    Devs should really make a que that when someone disconnects from game, he has 10min time to get back in past the que.

They tried that on several other MMO's - most recent WAR. Worked well enough until they got the disconnection problems fixed. Always an option, but one they probably won't pursue until after opening +1month.
    edited February 2010
    TheMatlock wrote:
    Even WoW with multiple servers has a problem with full servers on occasion.

In WOW you can go play on a different server while you wait for your server to lighten up on the load.
    edited February 2010
    Nazferiti wrote:
    In WOW you can go play on a different server while you wait for your server to lighten up on the load.

Yes now its a well established and funded game where server pops have been balanced/stabilised and the right equipment put in place. Originally on launch and with the last two big expansions you couldn't because they were all full. I remember 3-4 hour queues at times, 1000+ waiting... I did get a lot of forum reading done though :) Ah the good ol' days.
    edited February 2010
    Do something useful while you are in Line..

Make a Pie. You'll thank yourself later.
    edited February 2010
    Don't mind waiting in Que for PVP but to wait in Que to play game 950 > 1060 is B.S. I pay to play :cool:
    edited February 2010
    Teleon wrote: »
    Warning-Rant to follow!

its not servers are full, its SERVER IS FULL, 1 server, lotsa waiting...
    edited February 2010
    TheMatlock wrote:
    You know there are a lot of people playing the game. Even WoW with multiple servers has a problem with full servers on occasion. It's not a new problem, and it's nothing new to MMOs. It's something you should be aware of when you pick up the game. You aren't *always* going to be able to play, especially if there's a large player fanbase like with Star Trek.

Seriously? Are you kidding me? Do you pick up a game at the store and add into your purchase thoughts that "I may not be able to play this game when I want?" Come on now. You can't be serious.

I bought this game, pre-ordered even....dealt with the issues during beta, because it was beta. Dealt with the issues during the play early time. It's live now....you are on my time now. Fix it like a responsible company or tarnish your rep.
    edited February 2010
    TheMatlock wrote:

SWG doesn't have full servers.
    edited February 2010
    I know it's teething trouble but anybody can see this game will be bought in the thousands so they should have prepared it more efficiently.

For me.. this is the pertinent point. Yes. Why were they not prepared? This is probably THE most popular franchise in history. What WAS there about that which they didn't understand??

This really is inexcusable.
This discussion has been closed.