test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Petition to extend free month due to extensive downtime.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Starting a petition to see if we can get some action on all of the server issues and downtime.

Sign up if you feel the free month should be extended due to the extensive issues and unplayability of the game at launch.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I thought the game was very playable at launch. Sure a little downtime is annoying, but downtime happens in all mmo's (even ones that have been around the block)
    edited February 2010
    I'll sign that. the server is barely playable even when its up. This is really starting to remind me of Champions Online. Which still has all these problems and its 6 months into that game.
    edited February 2010
    totally agree. Head start was lame- that was more beta than play time.

Launch has been a joke. Throw us a bone.
    edited February 2010
    Since I can't just say IBTL I'll add that you're being ridiculous, OP.

Not signed.
    edited February 2010
    Five days in and I haven't made it past the tutorial. A free month is the least they can do.
    edited February 2010
    /facepalm

Anything that is played online has server outagehttp://forums.startrekonline.com/startrek/images//smilies/cool.gifs/problems. Cryptic fix them and bring them back up within 2 hours. Thats pretty damn good.
    edited February 2010
    I'll agree that there were serious server issues in OB and headstart, but I haven't really seen that much downtime since release. Headstart was a a bonus, don't think extra time is warranted for that....
    edited February 2010
    This thread is fail. I haven't seen any downtime, server crashes, or maintenance since launch. Stop QQing and play the game, either that or get lost.
    edited February 2010
    I'll start smiling once I can move my character again, I'm up 3 days of playing and 2 days ago I got stuck in some admiral's office, not able to petition online as the game gives me a "timeout" message on the petition, I can move within the office and see other people move, can't interact with anything or message anyone. This is outrageous.

Along with downtime, when they can bring it down to 1 hour I'll deem it acceptable. Speaking as a veteran EVE Online player, the downtimes are a must, also it throws out the damned "farmers" :)

Throw me a bone, fix my toon and extend my game time!
    edited February 2010
    I think they don't like petitions on the forums, but you have my vote of support. :)
    edited February 2010
    I'll sign!
    edited February 2010
    Sorry but its not going to happen.
    edited February 2010
    I think because of their server issues always happening. We should get a free month. I was going to be a lifee but since the servers where the way they where i decided not to spend my money and hope for the best this month.
    edited February 2010
    I'll start smiling once I can move my character again, I'm up 3 days of playing and 2 days ago I got stuck in some admiral's office, not able to petition online as the game gives me a "timeout" message on the petition, I can move within the office and see other people move, can't interact with anything or message anyone. This is outrageous.

Along with downtime, when they can bring it down to 1 hour I'll deem it acceptable. Speaking as a veteran EVE Online player, the downtimes are a must, also it throws out the damned "farmers" :)

Throw me a bone, fix my toon and extend my game time!

You can't beam out even?:eek:
    edited February 2010
    Maybe you people should check your settings, or maybe your system requirements? I'm playing on a ****** laptop and the game works FINE for me. If I can run it, you can run it.

Actually I just checked the "Can You Run It" website tool and it actually says that I do not even meet the minimum requirements to play this. Apparently my video card and processor are not at minimum what the game needs. But guess what? I can still play. If your having a hard time, and having lag, like I said, check your own system cause that's more then likely the cause.
    edited February 2010
    TheMatlock wrote:
    Maybe you people should check your settings, or maybe your system requirements? I'm playing on a ****** laptop and the game works FINE for me. If I can run it, you can run it.

Actually I just checked the "Can You Run It" website tool and it actually says that I do not even meet the minimum requirements to play this. Apparently my video card and processor are not at minimum what the game needs. But guess what? I can still play. If your having a hard time, and having lag, like I said, check your own system cause that's more then likely the cause.

Another point might be the quality of the connection. Myself and a mate who live in a big city both have great connections, and the game works fine. Not so long ago we did a LAN game at a third persons house. He lives out in the sticks, with the corresponding connection degradation. The game carried on dropping, rubber banding and was generally damn near unplayable.

So from that I can only guess the quality of the connection will be a major factor in many of these complaints.
    edited February 2010
    Agreed!

EDIT: Just to note I'm not agreeing with the OP, but I'm agreeing with the person above me who said it's probably a personal connection issue.
    edited February 2010
    /not signed

I haven't had a problem with playing the game at all except for some downtime.

Take it this is your first MMO?
    edited February 2010
    Not signing.

We don't have any sort of issue with any downtime. Both my girlfriend and I have been able to play and make it past Lt Commander without any frustrating downtime issues at all. While we may not be "hardcore" players, we do play enough to make some sort of progress.

I really don't see the "awful" downtimes you guys are mad about.

*shrug* Maybe we just got lucky.
    edited February 2010
    You can't beam out even?:eek:

Absolutely nothing works really, I've attempted beaming out, tried to walk to the door, it doesn't work, the NPC's don't give me the option of talking to them, even the "LOG OUT" button in my menu is broken. I have to exit the game and re-open it from my desktop to "logout."

On the matter of meeting requirements, STO hardly exceeds EVE Online in graphics, in fact it stumbles over and faceplants the ground whilst EVE has a jetpack and flies off. And the game ran fine on day 1, then suddenly early on day 2 it malfunctions and I have been stuck ever since, no answer from the GM's or any staff for that matter through the Tickets option on the official website.

The connection shouldn't be an issue, I have a 50Mb connection, EVE Online has no lag with all settings @ high, MAG (256 player online FPS) has no problems at all.

From that I can't help but to think that there is a bug in the game and as far as I have read somewhere on the forums it also appeared in City of Heroes

EDIT: I did in fact try restarting my connection, I called my ISP and had them run a check on the line. And of course the games above that have no problems at all, *sarcasm* It must be my internet connection */sarcasm*

Edit #2: I forgot to mention one thing about this Admiral's office, I can see other players.... And they walk and apparently interact with the NPC's normally.
    edited February 2010
    Extensive downtime....hyperbole much?
    edited February 2010
    This hardly qualifies as "extensive" downtime. Patches during the first month are to be expected. Particularly the first week.

Save the complaining for something real.
    edited February 2010
    the majority of times i've gone to play the game the server has been up. When it has been down its been for less then an hour at a time. Don't get me wrong if the total down time accumulates to being a whole 24 hours or more (not counting scheduled maintenance) then it would be nice for them to do something.
    edited February 2010
    The game is not playable the hole time ... either I have constantly messages like "server not responding" or I must wait in a very long waiting line to log in the game. That couldn't and that shouldn't be the case! I bought the game for 50 Euro and within 30 days of testing time and for that money I have to get a playable game!!! Or they shall expand the testing time. That would be the only thing I will agree with.
    edited February 2010
    /signed,
    I log in play for 20 min, and get kicked out then log back in a if i dont just get stuck in a F#@ing Q. WTF..

When the month is up that came with the game. I'm out of here for a while FIX the dam game servers.... and I'll come back.
    edited February 2010
    Signed!

Very bad service this - put it this way if i bought a car and it kept breaking down everyday so i could only use it possibly 2 hours a day i would be getting my pennies back.

Then they add a queue system? scuse me i PAY to use this i dont expect to be queing. (a que system that dont work either!)

Sort it!
    edited February 2010
    There are not obligated nor should any of you get a free month.
    edited February 2010
    Signed!

Very bad service this - put it this way if i bought a car and it kept breaking down everyday so i could only use it possibly 2 hours a day i would be getting my pennies back.

Then they add a queue system? scuse me i PAY to use this i dont expect to be queing. (a que system that dont work either!)

Sort it!

Bit of a difference between a £15.000 car and a £30 game. PS Seems to be a lot of cars being recalled recently due to faults so you blow your own arguement out of the water.
    edited February 2010
    i'd sign this. but these days i'm careful about giving feedback in the feedback portion of the forums here. it's got me in trouble with the forum mods. so i no longer try to offer any extensive feedback in the feedback section of the forums because cryptic doesn't seem to like getting feedback, in the feedback section of the forums. just be careful that's all
    edited February 2010
    signed.....
This discussion has been closed.