test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give The Tos Connie Her Blue Phasers

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hello everyone,
I'm starting this thread to ask Cryptic to change the TOS Connie. I want the TOS Connie to be able to keep her blue phaser colors when we put better phasers on her.The gamestop pre-order said a TOS Connie that fired blue phasers. The Pre-order did not say a Connie and blue phasers so If you are like me and want your Connie to Keep Her blue Phasers instead of them being orange like every other ship's phaser weapons please show your support in this thread.

As alway's Live Long and Prosper :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't mind it if they stayed blue no matter what phasers were in, but, considering how quickly you get out of the Connie, I'm not that worried about losing 20 points of additional damage by keeping them in.
    edited February 2010
    There was an exploit where you could change your weapons by typing /powerhue 0 into the chat box but cryptic have taken that away because people couldn't tell what was being fired at them (I think didn't know how to do the command so they started whinging) The same people would complain about the connie if that happened. You won't have the ship long anyway.
    edited February 2010
    You know the special blue phasers that come with the TOS Conie are actually more powerful than MKII phasers. Or were you trying to equip MK III phasers in your connie when you graduated to Lieutenant commander?
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, for canon reasons I agree.
    edited February 2010
    Put my vote down for blue connie phasers (or /powerhue 0 210)!
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind it if they stayed blue no matter what phasers were in, but, considering how quickly you get out of the Connie, I'm not that worried about losing 20 points of additional damage by keeping them in.

Hey I've considered trying to max a toon with just the connie for the challenge :)
    edited February 2010
    The default blue phasers that come with TOS Connie are more than adequate to use up to say LCDR.

Please don't ask to have a squashed exploitable bug re-introduced to the game. :)
    edited February 2010
    Questarian wrote: »
    Hey I've considered trying to max a toon with just the connie for the challenge :)
    Find a supportive Fleet to play with then. You're going to need the protection. :)
    edited February 2010
    Soltark wrote: »
    There was an exploit where you could change your weapons by typing /powerhue 0 into the chat box but cryptic have taken that away because people couldn't tell what was being fired at them (I think didn't know how to do the command so they started whinging) The same people would complain about the connie if that happened. You won't have the ship long anyway.

It doesn't matter, that is one of the only bounes we got, unlike digital downloads with the cool joined trill, we just got a ship and a red matter cap, so yes keep our Blue phasers.
    edited February 2010
    Canon be darned... I wish we were given [limited] customization of phaser colors. When I say limited, I mean limited within the realm of the show. Example, I'm flying around in the Connie refit. And I want red phasers.

People argue about pure canon, but neglect to realize that really, this game is its own universe -- and we're already given various limited-but-varied options to customize the looks of our ships and uniforms. Giving us a similar design option for weapons shouldn't be out of that realm.

And I don't buy the "I need to know what I'm being hit with in PvP". People got over that very quickly once power customization made its way onto City of Heroes, and Champions allows power customization right out of the gate.

... So my ultimate point, I guess, would allow you to keep your blue phasers, as it were....
    edited February 2010
    I'm not asking for Blue disrupters I'm not asking for Blue plasma beams all i want is to be able to keep Blue phasers for my Connie. I plan to fly the ship even when I'm admiral that is not to say she will be the only ship i'll use. I do want a teir 5 ship as well But I want to be able To have the Connie that fires Blue Phasers that I was promised as my pre order from gamestop not a Connie and Blue Phasers.
    As for people not knowing what she's firing in pvp if it's a Blue weapon and it's a Connie. its firing Phasers ;)
    edited February 2010
    Tatsukaza wrote: »
    I'm not asking for Blue disrupters I'm not asking for Blue plasma beams all i want is to be able to keep Blue phasers for my Connie. I plan to fly the ship even when I'm admiral that is not to say she will be the only ship i'll use. I do want a teir 5 ship as well But I want to be able To have the Connie that fires Blue Phasers that I was promised as my pre order from gamestop not a Connie and Blue Phasers.
    As for people not knowing what she's firing in pvp if it's a Blue weapon and it's a Connie. its firing Phasers ;)

You're right. Sorry for getting off topic!
    edited February 2010
    Sollaf wrote: »
    It doesn't matter, that is one of the only bounes we got, unlike digital downloads with the cool joined trill, we just got a ship and a red matter cap, so yes keep our Blue phasers.

I think you should be able to keep them too but there will be some complaining in the same fashion they did for the Hue colour change. I mean really though a connie without blue phasers just doesn't feel right, kind of like DS9 ;)
    edited February 2010
    Personally I think those phasers should level with you as well as the ship. Add a flag to it so once you go up a rank the ship and phasers boom up to the proper tier.
    edited February 2010
    Hello everyone,
    I'm starting this thread to ask Cryptic to change the TOS Connie. I want the TOS Connie to be able to keep her blue phaser colors when we put better phasers on her.The gamestop pre-order said a TOS Connie that fired blue phasers. The Pre-order did not say a Connie and blue phasers so If you are like me and want your Connie to Keep Her blue Phasers instead of them being orange like every other ship's phaser weapons please show your support in this thread.

What better phasers? You really really shouldn't switch out the ones they give you. They are very good.
    edited February 2010
    Yes they are good for the weapons they are, but they start lacking once you start being able to use MKIII and up for those of us who want to use Our Connie's past LT Rank and want to have Blue Phasers instead of orange like other ships.

The blue phasers given to us with the Connie have a targeting arc of 250 Damage of 120 DPS of 96 slightly better than Mk II phasers which have a damage of 118 and a dps of 95. The mark III phasers outclass our blue Phaser's with a damage of 129 and a DPS of 103. so after MkII We have to switch to MKIII phasers to Keep up in a fight what I'm asking Is that a patch be made so the Connie can be adjusted so any phasers she uses will fire as blue and not just the ones we were given with the ship. I preorder for a Connie that fires Blue Phasers not a Connie and Blue Phasers
    edited February 2010
    I'm all for having blue phasers in whatever I fly. Since you realistically only get to use the phasers for like an hour before you've picked up something better, kinda makes it a not so awesome perk.

My recommendation would be to let whoever was a GS pre-order , if they have phasers on their ship. no matter the tier or Mk level of the weapon, they are blue. Give some lasting value out of the perk.
    edited February 2010
    I fully support this topic!

Come on Cryptic, step up to the plate and fix this please!
    edited February 2010
    Hello everyone,

Um, those Phasers do just a tad less DPS than MkII Phasers. They should last you until level 11 when you replace your Connie with a Tier 2 ship. So, really you won't need to replace in the ship's lifetime.

Really, this is a function of the item itself, not the ship. Notice how those Phasers are called Forward and Aft? They are different than your Standard Issues and your MkIIs.

:cool:
    edited February 2010
    I like the idea of an automatic blue phaser upgrade as you level up. Hope the Devs agree.

Michael
    edited February 2010
    Some of us want to use our connies even after we hit admiral I'm not asking for a new weapon when we hit a new teir all I'm asking is they make it so any Phaser MkI and up fire as blue when put in the pre-order connies weapon slots and not Orange.
    edited February 2010

If the blue color was tied directly to this specific ship instead of the weapons slotted in it then the "exploit" you are talking about would be minimized.

Yes you could still argue that a person could be using any kind of beams in this ship and they'd all look blue. But on the other hand everybody would know that this ship could only have at most 3 beam weapons so it's overall impact in PvP would be contained. In fact it might open up a good subset of PVP where people could use these against each other as a structured "random weapon" opponent.

Anybody who's serious about PvP could still use their tier 5 ships against each other without fear of facing unknown weapons. But we could also have our blue beams regardless of what we slot in them at the same time. It seems like a reasonable compromise to me.
    edited February 2010
    ZATZAi wrote: »
    You know the special blue phasers that come with the TOS Conie are actually more powerful than MKII phasers. Or were you trying to equip MK III phasers in your connie when you graduated to Lieutenant commander?

you mean mk I phasers. Mk 2 Phasers do 95 DPS the blue do 93
    edited February 2010

LOL, nice trollin.
    edited February 2010
    Well, the ToS Enterprise was mixed, sometimes they were twin red bolts, or twin blue beams.

I watched an episode today where it was both hehe. Had to do with a bunch of ambassadors on the Enterprise, and Sarek (Spock's father) needed a blood transfusion from Spock. Checkov was firing at some probe, missed with the blue phaser beams, then Spock ordered another phaser volley, it showed from the outside under the saucer pairs of red bolts being fired. ;)

Episode is Journey to Babel: Mission Stardate 3842.3 Original Air Date 11.17.67 *looked it up on the little reference cards that came with the seasons. It was also during season 2. :D

Anyhoo, back to topic, I can see it being changed, or maybe have it be a random graphic between a phaser cannon look and blue beams. :p
    edited February 2010
    I started a thread for this as well. Blue Phasers are cool. I paid more to have blue phasers (more or less for that reason). I want my blue phasers, I want to upgrade and still have blue phasers. As long as I have the Enterprise (sorry, the Connie) I want blue phasers. All other arguments are null and void.

Long live blue phasers!
    edited February 2010
    Blue Phaser's On NCC-1701

Orange Phaser's On NCC-1701-A & Onwards.

PlEaSe? :p
    edited February 2010
    Blue Phasers are cool. I paid more to have blue phasers (more or less for that reason).

This is often incorrectly assumed when it comes to bonus items. You didn't actually pay for the bonus item, you paid the same as anyone else and got a "bonus" for pre-ordering. I hear this a lot, "paid for borg, payed for this, payed for that, etc." The only thing you have paid for is the retail price of the game, in the case of subscriptions, you paid for the subscription, not the bonus items. The 30 days of gametime that come with a retail purchase is also a bonus. All bonuses are free, you don't actually pay extra for them.

Having said that, I too wish the Gamestop Constitution's blue phasers were tied to the ship itself and not the items. When I first got mine I upgraded the weapons (not realizing they were actually good up to MK II) and then sat there wondering why all the phasers weren't blue. If the items were clearly labeled and the text colored blue like a rare, it would have avoided some confusion.
    edited February 2010

The whole reasons these forum trolls complained so much the powerhue was removed is due to them not knowing what weapons you are firing at them...

They wanna know if you're shooting them with phasers or if shooting them with disruptors, so they can fit victorium armor to protect against phasers and fit umm, the same vitcorium armor to protect against disruptors, oh balls, the pvp argument is bs anyway...

they are forum trolls that dont want ya having any fluffy stuff, im gonna sit back and wait for them to complain about this thread asking for it to be closed, it doesnt agree with their game agenda for STO so you're not allowed to speak about it...
    edited February 2010
    you mean mk I phasers. Mk 2 Phasers do 95 DPS the blue do 93

My blue phasers do 96dps... :confused:
    edited February 2010
    canormorum wrote: »
    This is often incorrectly assumed when it comes to bonus items. You didn't actually pay for the bonus item, you paid the same as anyone else and got a "bonus" for pre-ordering. I hear this a lot, "paid for borg, payed for this, payed for that, etc." The only thing you have paid for is the retail price of the game, in the case of subscriptions, you paid for the subscription, not the bonus items. The 30 days of gametime that come with a retail purchase is also a bonus. All bonuses are free, you don't actually pay extra for them.

Having said that, I too wish the Gamestop Constitution's blue phasers were tied to the ship itself and not the items. When I first got mine I upgraded the weapons (not realizing they were actually good up to MK II) and then sat there wondering why all the phasers weren't blue. If the items were clearly labeled and the text colored blue like a rare, it would have avoided some confusion.

Not necessarily.

Digital Download $49.99
    Digital Download Deluxe $59.99

That $10 extra went into a bonus item(s) that was/were therefore paid for.

Granted, some items like the Borg outfit and extra character slots for buying a lifetime sub was just a bonus for buying the lifetime sub, but only Cryptic knows if any of the money went into "buying" those items or not. It's a slippery slope, and all 1's and 0's that make up pretty pixels in the end.
This discussion has been closed.