test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free Week Incoming

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Yup, I think it's time for the 'ol "free week" trick to placate the angry mob. OB wasnt done well, headstart a mess (mostly downtimes and crashes), pre-order and lifetime snafus, now launch (and more importantly, billing) are also FUBAR.

So Cryptic, any plans for a free week? I'd say it'd be a smart move on your part. Things are getting kind of messy in here and it's really not fun. Time to quiet the crowd a little with a bit more than threadlocks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's hardly been enough problems to warrant a free week, especially not when the time lost was a lot less than 3 days.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im agreeing, cant even use my pre order ship till i activate a billing acount right now (which is dumb) it should have been added to your pre order code not your retail code
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A dev has already said, the reason for the delays is due to the accounts server getting hammered. Just be patient and wait like everyone else. The servers are up and working fully. They wont issue gametime, because the game is running fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    A dev has already said, the reason for the delays is due to the accounts server getting hammered. Just be patient and wait like everyone else. The servers are up and working fully. They wont issue gametime, because the game is running fine.

they i want my pre order pay back and since i paid in full i get 4 months worth of service
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    PINTO2020 wrote: »
    im agreeing, cant even use my pre order ship till i activate a billing acount right now (which is dumb) it should have been added to your pre order code not your retail code

The reason you need to add a retail key from the same vendor as a preorder vendor is so everyone wouldn't go out and get all the different preorder bonus's and then use only one retail key to activate the game, having returned or cancelled all the other preorders. So it not really dumb its good marketing to avoid returns or cancellations
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    aiRWaLKRe wrote: »
    The reason you need to add a retail key from the same vendor as a preorder vendor is so everyone wouldn't go out and get all the different preorder bonus's and then use only one retail key to activate the game, having returned or cancelled all the other preorders. So it not really dumb its good marketing to avoid returns or cancellations

or maybe they could have put a limit of 1 pre-order bonus with a beta key per account for lets say headstart then unlock the limit with retail keys? just maybe they could have done that to prevent what your saying just maybe...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    they i want my pre order pay back and since i paid in full i get 4 months worth of service

That makes no sense
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Should've read the ToS.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    aiRWaLKRe wrote: »

I GOT ONE MORE FOR U maybe just maybe since we got 30 days free we dont force people who r trying to get the pre order stuff to be able to enter ther codes and not have to add a subscription before having access to there stuff just maybe it could say something like this

"thank you for entering your retail code, all your retail bonus is now available to your account in game but before u go we encourage u to sign up for a subriction now to prevent any loss of play after your 30 days free is up"

omg doent that look better?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yup, I think it's time for the 'ol "free week" trick to placate the angry mob. OB wasnt done well, headstart a mess (mostly downtimes and crashes), pre-order and lifetime snafus, now launch (and more importantly, billing) are also FUBAR.

So Cryptic, any plans for a free week? I'd say it'd be a smart move on your part. Things are getting kind of messy in here and it's really not fun. Time to quiet the crowd a little with a bit more than threadlocks.

OMG, first it was the "Cancelled My Pre-order" threads , then the "Worst Headstart in history" threads, now it's this?? Really???

C'mon, this game just launched live 12 mother-frakin' hours ago. Will you people learn some patience??

Trust me I'm chomping at the bit to get into my Connie-class ship too, but DAAAMNN People!!!

God, the "entitlement" mentality of people nowadays is just ridiculous.

"WAAAAA WAAAAA WAAAAAA, I didn't get my pre-order bonus the second I logged in, I want a free week, WAAAAA WAAAAA!!!

Maybe, just maybe, you can calm the F down and think about it this way.

The account servers are getting hammered hard, because this game was released to the public, and people are buying it. And trying to get on to play. In other words, the game is more popular than expected, which means more people, which in the long run is better for us that wants the game to succeed, true???

So, please have some patience, eat some lunch, go have a smoke, go frak your girlfriend, and let it settle down.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OMG, first it was the "Cancelled My Pre-order" threads , then the "Worst Headstart in history" threads, now it's this?? Really???

C'mon, this game just launched live 12 mother-frakin' hours ago. Will you people learn some patience??

Trust me I'm chomping at the bit to get into my Connie-class ship too, but DAAAMNN People!!!

God, the "entitlement" mentality of people nowadays is just ridiculous.

"WAAAAA WAAAAA WAAAAAA, I didn't get my pre-order bonus the second I logged in, I want a free week, WAAAAA WAAAAA!!!

Maybe, just maybe, you can calm the F down and think about it this way.

The account servers are getting hammered hard, because this game was released to the public, and people are buying it. And trying to get on to play. In other words, the game is more popular than expected, which means more people, which in the long run is better for us that wants the game to succeed, true???

So, please have some patience, eat some lunch, go have a smoke, go frak your girlfriend, and let it settle down.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm stuck at work ... and can't even get home to get my key to sit in line to enter the code so I can play, I just get to sit here and watch all you silly people whine about not being able to play the game. This puts a smile on my face. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Risheran wrote:
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm stuck at work ... and can't even get home to get my key to sit in line to enter the code so I can play, I just get to sit here and watch all you silly people whine about not being able to play the game. This puts a smile on my face. :p

The real funny thing is, they CAN play just fine. The servers are runnin' smooth as butter. But, NO they want their pre-order items now or they don't want to play at all until they get them.

LMAO, Its like a 4 year old girl with a barbie, and mommy just took away barbies corvette. "Well if I can't have her car, then I'm not gonna play, after all she can't "walk" to kens house!!".

/sarcasm off
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    omg doent that look better?

No, it doesn't.

Why? Partly, because of your presentation: if you can't be bothered to communicate properly, I can't be bothered to believe you've properly put together any intelligent ideas.

As far as launches go, this one has been pretty smooth. Account servers are always hammered and, yet, I have had no delays and the game is running smooth. The issues in the headstart seem to have been addressed fairly well. I suspect performance to drop a bit in about an hour or two when the East coast gets home from work... and then maybe a couple hours after that when the west does the same. Complaining about this stuff now, though, is like complaining about having to wait in line to get into the Super Bowl stadium on game day.

It's not Cryptic's fault you people can't read. For that, you will have to blame your school teachers who pity-passed you (most likely hoping never to see you again). Preorder goodies have always been linked to the retail code. Linking it to the retail code ensures you buy the retail product if you want the reward instead of just tossing around $5 pre-orders everywhere. Don't have your retail code yet? That's your own fault. You should have pre-ordered at a physical location & gone to pick it up instead of sitting on your lazy butt doing an online order and waiting for the mail (meanwhile, thank Cryptic for giving you a grace period). Your download order choked? Also not Cryptic's fault, take it up with the folks you ordered from.

Free week? Get over it. I hope no one on Cryptic's side even dignifies that with a response.