test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphics run fine but it takes a while to load

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Hi all, My Graphics seam to run nice and sharp on the standard settings but every time I get a new load in screen it aether takes a long time to load or dose not load at all and I have to close the program. Is this a case of needed a better graphics card or something else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I suffer from the same problem. At the recommended graphic setting the loading screens take, either, a very long time or just hang completely. Setting the graphics to low or minimum tends to cut loading times a fair amount.
    A possible reason? Maybe it's due to the relative sizes of the graphics textures - I have a new graphics card on the way (nVidia 250 GTS), so maybe the loading problems could be solved (for me anyway).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Try updating the graphic card drivers, worked for me
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is a problem I've been having since launch of open beta.. seems like its a card issue.. might also be a processor issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i had the same problem, worked out the only way to get past load screen stalls was to lower world texture quality to 50, then go back up while i play, but have to remember to set it down whenever i have to warp or i have to restart, all other times it runs fine with gfx turned up.

hope this helps
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Usually it is a system issue, however during peak times, the server gets under heavy load and may slow load times a little. DOn;t worry though, as cryptic are improving stability every single day. ( You should have seen it during Open Beta :eek: