• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I hope everyone had a great halloween
    edited November 2010
    Morning 23rd Fleet. Hope all is well. Here's to a friendly bump :D
    edited November 2010
    Just to let you all know i'm still here, and bump.

:D
    edited November 2010
    I haven't been on for a while because I've been busy moving into a house. I will try to get on some over the week but I won't be on regularly till I'm fully moved in.
    edited November 2010
    A Bump to the fleet and all the Veterans out there today.
    edited November 2010
    My fellow fleet members, I just wanted to let you know. If you haven't logged in the tribble test server in a while I suggest u patch up and head over. Season three update is on and it is awesome. Sector space is completely revamped. It all now looks like how the Orellius sector does. Plus you have an option in the lower right hand to turn off astrometrics. With astrometrics off it takes away all sector line and trade routes plus turns the planet systems into realistic looking stars without the orbit lines.
    This new update really makes space look like space, vast and dark. I lovin it!
    edited November 2010
    A very appealing update for a group of four Admiral's looking to find their way back into the fleet I might add...
    edited November 2010
    My fellow fleet members, I just wanted to let you know. If you haven't logged in the tribble test server in a while I suggest u patch up and head over. Season three update is on and it is awesome. Sector space is completely revamped. It all now looks like how the Orellius sector does. Plus you have an option in the lower right hand to turn off astrometrics. With astrometrics off it takes away all sector line and trade routes plus turns the planet systems into realistic looking stars without the orbit lines.
    This new update really makes space look like space, vast and dark. I lovin it!

Yea I was over there for about a hour and I'm loving what I'm seeing. there are issues with the font and some trouble changing the astrometrics view when in a team. When this is on the holodeck, the game will be changed forever.
    edited November 2010
    Mission Creation?

Four versions of Springer leveling up?

New Sector Space?

Mission Replay?

Well well... I think it is time for a revival! How about a meeting over this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend to discuss current events and rebuilding?
    edited November 2010
    I can't do this weekend, I'll be in DC for the Redskins/Vikings game but I should be back later that night.
    edited November 2010
    Due to things happening in real life, my time is becoming more constrained. As a result I will be stepping down as a member of the fleet council. There are many members who are clocking more play time and it is unfair for me to hold this position when others would be more suited to fulfilling the responsibilities of a council member. I will remain in the fleet and still play as much as I can handle and enjoy; this should pick up more as season 3 is released.

The other council members and I will convene a meeting to discuss the new fleet council member. Please check this thread and the 23rd fleet forum for updates on this issue.

Thank you and it has been a pleasure serving as a fleet council member.
    edited December 2010
    Just wanted to stop by, give you a friendly fleet bump and to inform you that with Season 3 patch lurking around the corner on the 9th, I would like to arrange a multi-fleet gathering on December 25 at 3pm EST. We would gather at Space Station K-7 in order to have some PVP action, helping others with some of their missions as well as we all hope do some Foundry created episodes by then.
    edited December 2010
    What's up 23rd Fleet?!

Sorry, I haven't been around for a bit. I destroyed my laptop with a shovel. I was plumb addicted to it.

I started truck driving school in November and will be finishing next week. It may be a couple more months before I buy a new laptop and return to the game.

Just saying Hi and letting you all know I'm not dead.

Later,
    Sci-Fi_Cajun
    edited December 2010
    What's up 23rd Fleet?!

Sorry, I haven't been around for a bit. I destroyed my laptop with a shovel. I was plumb addicted to it.

I started truck driving school in November and will be finishing next week. It may be a couple more months before I buy a new laptop and return to the game.

Just saying Hi and letting you all know I'm not dead.

Later,
    Sci-Fi_Cajun

Awesome, hope to see you for season 3.
    edited December 2010
    Ladies and gentlemen of the 23rd Fleet, with some sadness I regret to inform you that the 23rd Fleet will be disbanding over the course of several weeks as our members see this. The large majority of our fleet is now joining Tactical Operations Fleet Delta. They are a large and ever growing gaming community that runs alot of STFs and other missions. They have a great recruitment division use vent like us.

Please contact Brooks, Fletcher, or myself with pm or on our vent and we will rely the new TFD ventrilo and website information. Thank you for the memories and I hope to still make new one with you at TFD.
    edited December 2010
    its a shame to hear this news. If there's anything Omega Fleet can offer please let us know.
    edited December 2010
    its a shame to hear this news. If there's anything Omega Fleet can offer please let us know.

Thank you Farrior, although we will not have the 23rd Fleet name, we will remain together as group and build to relationships in the future. We hope to see you in space.
    edited December 2010
    I am sorry to hear this you are all welcome to join delta fleet if you would like
    Delta Fleet needs updated FA is out for a couple of days
    edited December 2010
    Ladies and gentlemen of the 23rd Fleet, with some sadness I regret to inform you that the 23rd Fleet will be disbanding over the course of several weeks as our members see this. The large majority of our fleet is now joining Tactical Operations Fleet Delta. They are a large and ever growing gaming community that runs alot of STFs and other missions. They have a great recruitment division use vent like us.

Please contact Brooks, Fletcher, or myself with pm or on our vent and we will rely the new TFD ventrilo and website information. Thank you for the memories and I hope to still make new one with you at TFD.

We hope to see you in season 3
    edited December 2010
    Leave me the name... That is all I ask... I will get in contact with you soon Farrior... Good luck gentlemen... See you in space...
    edited December 2010
    Merry Christmas to all visiting, our members, and those who simply stumbled upon this forum!

Hope this season brings joy and celebration! Enjoy the game and a Very Merry Christmas to you all!

Best wishes,

Springer (Sons and Father)

- Side note for fleet members: Major updates will roll out within the week and around the new year. Hope to see you all around soon!
    edited December 2010
    Eh what the hey, I'm on so I'll bump the old fleet back to the top!
    edited December 2010
    White! My goodness! Great to see you on! How have you been?
    edited December 2010
    To bump or not to bump?
    edited December 2010
    I've been good FA, trying to pick a new MMO at the moment (briefly considered then rejected a return). How's the 23rd going?
    edited December 2010
    Squigglett wrote: »
    To bump or not to bump?

To bump... always... Hahaha
    Kado2 wrote: »
    I've been good FA, trying to pick a new MMO at the moment (briefly considered then rejected a return). How's the 23rd going?

Ah, which ones have you been looking at?

And well... we hit a major blow in a period of my absence yet we are rebuilding and should be very much back to full health in a month or so.
    edited December 2010
    I went back to EQ2 for a while there, like a couple months, but i left when I realized I was just doing the same things I had done 2 years ago over again and got bored. Right now I have no idea what game to play and might just switch back to regular RPGS until SWTOR comes out, but I might give DCUO a shot and see what its like. What was the major blow you all had?
    edited December 2010
    Ah. Let me know how that all works out! I will patch you into the new voice server when we get it up and running... Hopefully today!

Oh and it was nothing more than the usual drop in membership. It is a cyclical function. We will recover as we always have.
    edited December 2010
    Is 23rd Fleet Back Up And Running?? If so, that brings me great pleasure!! :) Glad to see you back Springer! Missed You!

(p.s. its April Fox, had to get a name change for some reasons that can not be disclosed...)
    edited December 2010
    Good to hear from you April! Actually I have a few questions to ask you as well.

And yes, we are prepping for a reboot around the new year so be ready to see the name around the galaxy again!