Options

Extreme Fail!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    DoctorX wrote: »
    No one said I had to DOWNLOAD the game to play in the headstart!! It was not written anywhere on the box, the advertisements, on this site, or gamestops. This here be false advertisement and we don't take kindly to no false advertisements 'round these parts.

It woulod of stated that on pre-order .They should of gave you a pre-order paper about 1.5 weeks before open beta started.Download was hugh like 10gigs
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    How much you wanna bet the OP hasn't checked his email to see if he even got his pre-order key sent to him.

I bet he has now and feels like a complete and utter tool, which is why he hasn't posted back in the thread. :D

Edit: And now he's probably in some other thread complaining up a storm about the server being down right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OP, it's stated that you have to preorder.

It's also stated you need the preorder key to get the headstart. This is sometimes referred to the Open Beta key.

Jedi, do you even read the post people put up here before you chime in with your ignorant wisdom ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    You know what is fail? topics with title FAIL. Seriously whatever happened to acting and writing like mature people?

Hopefully these irritating immature people will filter out of the game as the early play period expires, then more when the initial month from retail goes by. For some reason, things like open betas and such always bring the little kiddies and immature jerks out of the woodwork...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi
    I'd like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at the way I was DECEIVED into thinking that I would receive a head start weekend with my purchase of the collectors edition of this game. NO WHERE on this website or on the retailer's website (GameStop) was I told that I HAD to have taken part in the OPEN BETA of this game to receive this CODE to get my head start weekend. When I asked to get my money back for this purchase I was told that I could not as it had already been processed. So now not only I will NOT get the head start weekend that I purchased, but I will have a game that I will NOT play because I was deceived by FALSE advertisement!!! :mad:

LOL sucks to be you I:cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i do not see em stating you get a headstart key with the STO CE, but maybe they changed it who knows :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am sure OP checked his email and found the code. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Originally Posted by DoctorX
    No one said I had to DOWNLOAD the game to play in the headstart!! It was not written anywhere on the box, the advertisements, on this site, or gamestops. This here be false advertisement and we don't take kindly to no false advertisements 'round these parts.

Actually my instuctions were quit clear.....I followed them and wow like magic I got to play the game
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Technically, you can't blame anyone else for deceiving you. You were the one who made a decision based on your interpretation of the text... You may not have had all of the information. That said the head start key is the Open Beta key, and if you pre-ordered you should have access. If you bought from GameStop don't sweat it, its only a couple of days and this way you'll actually get lots of use out of that Connie. If you need in that badly, then contact a mod or try to get someone higher up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Go back to WoW!

Sorry, it just seems this needs to be said in every thread.

/sarcasm
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I also would like to express my extreme displeasure at Cryptic. This morning they snuck into my house, drank all my booze, ate all my food, left a floater in the toilet AND kicked my dogs....

I plan to sue.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi
    I'd like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at the way I was DECEIVED into thinking that I would receive a head start weekend with my purchase of the collectors edition of this game. NO WHERE on this website or on the retailer's website (GameStop) was I told that I HAD to have taken part in the OPEN BETA of this game to receive this CODE to get my head start weekend. When I asked to get my money back for this purchase I was told that I could not as it had already been processed. So now not only I will NOT get the head start weekend that I purchased, but I will have a game that I will NOT play because I was deceived by FALSE advertisement!!! :mad:

And now that I think about it for a few min.....who cares if you play any how? any one? a show of hands here
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Again with that FAIL word, how many 12 yr olds are on this board anyway!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ................................................... uninstall pleaes. obviously your too much of a moron to read simple things , only person at fault here is........*drum roll* ..............yourself........... simple fact. go back to school, learn to read, and follow instructions before posting like a baby crying because you lost your dummy.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

It seems to me that subconsciously you already know what happened to you by simply reading what words you chose to use in caps:

DECEIVED NO WHERE HAD OPEN BETA CODE NOT NOT FALSE.

So I will continue to deduce that you were not deceived and the fact that you had the open beta code is not false. :p

I can surely tell you that you did not have to take part in the open beta to get a head start. However, you need a pre-order key (which people refer to it as the open beta key) to get in the head start. The pre-order key is supplied by the retailer. I assume that you pre-ordered the game before the beginning of the head start, if you did not, then your problem may be that. I personally pre-ordered the game after open beta and before the head start I am taking part (somewhat:rolleyes:) in the head start.
This discussion has been closed.