test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extreme Fail!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi
I'd like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at the way I was DECEIVED into thinking that I would receive a head start weekend with my purchase of the collectors edition of this game. NO WHERE on this website or on the retailer's website (GameStop) was I told that I HAD to have taken part in the OPEN BETA of this game to receive this CODE to get my head start weekend. When I asked to get my money back for this purchase I was told that I could not as it had already been processed. So now not only I will NOT get the head start weekend that I purchased, but I will have a game that I will NOT play because I was deceived by FALSE advertisement!!! :mad:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hi
    I'd like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at the way I was DECEIVED into thinking that I would receive a head start weekend with my purchase of the collectors edition of this game. NO WHERE on this website or on the retailer's website (GameStop) was I told that I HAD to have taken part in the OPEN BETA of this game to receive this CODE to get my head start weekend. When I asked to get my money back for this purchase I was told that I could not as it had already been processed. So now not only I will NOT get the head start weekend that I purchased, but I will have a game that I will NOT play because I was deceived by FALSE advertisement!!! :mad:

Seriously? Can you take it down about 8 notches please from all this doom and gloom? I'm sure that IF your key that you should have been given isn't working, it's probably an easy fix. PM a mod or email support. I'm sure you can get it worked out and you can come play with the rest of us.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OP, it's stated that you have to preorder.

It's also stated you need the preorder key to get the headstart. This is sometimes referred to the Open Beta key.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Link to where you were told you'd get the bonuses would be given during headstarts.

Link to where it was explicitly stated they wouldn't be.

He's saying he's not able to play in the head start because he didn't play in the open beta, not that he's not getting his bonuses.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So many of these etards today I just need to make some whitty copy/paste post for quick reply
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You didn't have to participate the in the open beta to play in the head start. If you ordered it from Gamestop, you should have recieved a pre-order code that allowed you to participate in the open beta as well as the head start. Not sure what you are complaining about?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Get used to it Atari is involved.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    TnT knows drama...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    only 2 days differnce you can still get the game you should not quit the game because of 2 days differnce
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

Who said you HAD to take part in beta? You could have just downloaded the client 2 weeks ago with said beta key and just not played it until this weekend. Just a few patches then you would have been good to go. Don't whine becuase you didn't think ahead or do proper research.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Daywalker3 wrote: »
    He's saying he's not able to play in the head start because he didn't play in the open beta, not that he's not getting his bonuses.

Sorry, wrong thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

Call your bank and have them put a stop on it then.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dont worry, you're not missing much at the moment :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You did not have to play open beta to play headtart (Beta Part 2) .... When you preordered your game from wherever they were supposed to give you a pre-order key. Either at purchase, or send it to you email soon thereafter. That key was good for Open Beta AND Headstart (Beta Part 2). That is plainly stated in any of a million threads on this forum, or any of the FAQ's, or any 3rd party gaming website.

That key was not exclusive to either, and you can still enter it to get into headstart (Beta Part 2) ... If you didn't get a key, that's the retailers fault (and yours for not asking for one)... Not Cryptic's.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

Hey im the same boat as you.. the thing is I did play in the beta and still never got the headstart key. I tried to call them and email them and nothing.. I am hoping that a dev would help me out but having no luck with that either.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

PO - perhaps if you were to actually read and comprehend, you would not have posted this ranting, childish, emotional outburst. Here's your sign... :(

A Pre-Order key entered into your account here entitles you to participate in Head Start weekend.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The head start key IS the open beta key from game stop. when i entered my code for open beta it unlocked head start as well
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

The contents of this post makes me very curious how you came upon $80 with which to purchase the Collector's Edition.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi
    I'd like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at the way I was DECEIVED

Thats where I stopped reading... lol :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

Here's an idea...read, research, and ask questions BEFORE you spend your money.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You didn't need to play open beta to get into the early headstart. All you need was to pre-order from whatever place of choice. If you got the key then you can play, if not I'd be emailing/calling Gamestop asking them where my STO bonus key is. If you done it at a local store then they have to give you a card with the key on it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

Don't worry: the rest of the people who bought it can't play it during the head start, either. You're not missing alot, just watching a SERVER DOWN message at the top of a launcher.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    NERDRAGE!!!!!!

Total end of the world, bro.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Who said you HAD to take part in beta? You could have just downloaded the client 2 weeks ago with said beta key and just not played it until this weekend. Just a few patches then you would have been good to go. Don't whine becuase you didn't think ahead or do proper research.

I agree. These forums are nearly as bad as WoW already.
    Not happy Jan
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I weep for the future. I really do.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    mrtauntaun wrote: »
    I weep for the future. I really do.

Youre not alone.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No one said I had to DOWNLOAD the game to play in the headstart!! It was not written anywhere on the box, the advertisements, on this site, or gamestops. This here be false advertisement and we don't take kindly to no false advertisements 'round these parts.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi

You know what is fail? topics with title FAIL. Seriously whatever happened to acting and writing like mature people?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OP, it's stated that you have to preorder.

It's also stated you need the preorder key to get the headstart. This is sometimes referred to the Open Beta key.

If you would learn to read before you type,You would of notice she had bought her game at gamestop which would of earned her the right to open beta and headstart.She should of went back to Gamestop and demanded a proper Keycode that would work.:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The servers are down, so even if you had a good key you still would be unable to play :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    How much you wanna bet the OP hasn't checked his email to see if he even got his pre-order key sent to him.
This discussion has been closed.