test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop complaining it's just a beta!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Oh wait, no it isn't.
Where's my damn server Cryptic, this is money time!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Where's my damn server Cryptic!

It is in the kitchen next to the fridge :D
    edited January 2010
    Kilburn wrote:
    ITT: OP has never played another MMO at launch, which would let him realize that MMOS ARE NOT DONE AT LAUNCH.

This the new excuse OP.
    edited January 2010
    Oh wait, no it isn't.

ITT: OP has never played another MMO at launch, which would let him realize that MMOS ARE NOT DONE AT LAUNCH.
    edited January 2010
    Oh wait, no it isn't.

I see what you did there.

Star Trek IS EPIC!

Star Trek Offline is EPIC FAIL!
    edited January 2010
    Server is up!
    edited January 2010
    Kilburn wrote:

a) it's not launch
    b) launch will be worse ;)
    edited January 2010
    m0rte wrote:
    a) it's not launch
    b) launch will be worse ;)

QFT

(post length requirement)
    edited January 2010
    Oh wait, no it isn't.

This is NOT money time, it's actually FREEBIE time :)

Feb 2nd will be money time. :)
    edited January 2010
    Qoojo wrote:
    Server is up!

Choke on your lies.
    edited January 2010
    Choke on your lies.

Hahaha I thought that this is what the thread was for, humor. :D
    edited January 2010
    Pyryck wrote:

I have a lifetime sub.
    It's money time.
    edited January 2010
    Amazon - CE
    Atari - DDE
    GameStop - Reg
    Cryptic - Lifetime

Nope not a fanboi there. It wasn't ready for release. I feel sorry particularly since this stuff is affecting their other customers who subscribe to CO.
    edited January 2010
    Pyryck wrote:

So you didnt have to put money down to play for head start? Darn, where did you get your key?

We paid in advance for the right to play this game, it is money time stop using that excuse.
    edited January 2010
    No it isnt, you could be playing now WITHOUT lifetime sub...or any sub.

I have lifetime and I dont consider it being used untill the 2nd.
    edited January 2010
    Not all mmos launch like a pile of s hit. Lotro did not. This game is champions fail all over again
    edited January 2010
    people play CO?

huh....how about that.
    :p
    edited January 2010

Lifetime means I've put a lot of money down.
    Plus you can't play headstart without a preorder which means you've already PAID unless you're some dishonest pirate who plans on cancelling at the last minute.

So yes. Money time.
    edited January 2010
    This the new excuse OP.

Actually launch isn't until Tuesday. This is early release. They could have just released the game to EVERYONE on Tuesday like most mmo's
    edited January 2010
    Actually no... money time starts approx March 5th if you enter your retail key on February 2nd... 30 days free are included, and you lifetimers, complain, dare you, it was your choice to pay now, no one held a gun to your head and said pay 240 for a untested game. So quit the *****in, and come back to complain when 14.99 + applicable taxes are deducted from your account.
    edited January 2010

If you stop playing right now until the 2nd then you have a valid argument. You could not start playing this game without PAYING for something, therefore this play time has been payed for and is not free.
    edited January 2010
    Seriously though, what is the excuse then Tuesday? Please tell me wait to see what happens as I think it's pretty clear what will happen. I can't wait to see the excuses flying then. Should be an E ticket ride.
    edited January 2010
    Seljek wrote: »
    If you stop playing right now until the 2nd then you have a valid argument. You could not start playing this game without PAYING for something, therefore this play time has been payed for and is not free.

This play time comes free with the purchase of the game.

If someone were to pay the same amount of money a month down the road, they wouldn't be getting this week. They would only get their month of gaming, just like you will get once this free week is over.
    edited January 2010
    So you didnt have to put money down to play for head start?

No, I didn't.

Darn, where did you get your key?

Cryptic dropped a beta key on my account for the open beta. It works as a pre-order key.

We paid in advance for the right to play this game, it is money time stop using that excuse.

You paid for access to the content. That access does not come with a 24/7/365 guarantee of availability.

You can certainly suit yourself to be upset about unexpected downtimes but, it is scarcely realistic to expect no issues ever, whether you are playing for free, or paid 1,000 bucks.

"Stuff" happens.
    edited January 2010
    MrMasaki wrote: »
    Seriously though, what is the excuse then Tuesday? Please tell me wiait to see what happens as I think it's pretty clear what will happen. I can't wait to see the excuses flying then. Should be an E ticket ride.

Yep I think we will see more of the "Many other MMOs sucked at launch" excuse. And of course I will point out LOTRO which didnt suck at launch, if one MMO can do it, then all of them should be able to.
    edited January 2010
    Every Major MMO has launched very rocky. WoW,SWG,AION etc. Its the nature of the beast.

If you cannot handle MMO launches then for the love of god dont join an MMO right away.
    edited January 2010
    azsmodeus wrote: »
    This play time comes free with the purchase of the game.

If someone were to pay the same amount of money a month down the road, they wouldn't be getting this week. They would only get their month of gaming, just like you will get once this free week is over.

Free with a purchase in the eyes of the legal system has been considered payed for.

So what happens if you buy a $1000 loaf of bread and the company promises to give you a free car if you order the bread before it hits shelves and then decides to give you a hunk of metal from a car but not the whole car? You just paid $1000 for a loaf of bread. Congrats.
    No, I didn't.

Cryptic dropped a beta key on my account for the open beta. It works as a pre-order key.

The beta keys acquired by free promos from other sites do not count as head start keys, only the beta keys that were paid for with pre-orders count, unless you can prove otherwise to me. Its the same as me, my beta key counts also, but I actually bought that key for $5 as a down payment of sorts.
    edited January 2010
    Lifetime means I've put a lot of money down.
    Plus you can't play headstart without a preorder which means you've already PAID unless you're some dishonest pirate who plans on cancelling at the last minute.

So yes. Money time.

It also means you got a discounted price and you will, in turn get what you paid for after about a year and a half of play. You are not charged for game time when playing in early start. It is merely a thank you for preordering the game. It's like having 4 days to play at no cost. Yes you pay for the license and software when you buy the game but so do those who will buy it come Tuesday. They will pay the same amount and will only have the payment plans available to them (which will not be lifetime sub or 1 year sub btw). My point is come Tuesday if we are having the same problems then yes grab your torches and storm the castle or w/e it is you do until then be appreciative you can play before official launch. IMPO I think they should have just released it on Tuesday. I felt the same way during early release of Champions. I understand some of the aggravation thinking the game isn't going to be ready but to be honest I have seen a lot done through closed and open beta. I have to say with the prgogress that has been made, I have no worries that the majority of the bugs will be fixed. Now if you all will excuse me the server will be up soon and I have a ship to prepare for launch.
    edited January 2010
    F
    The beta keys acquired by free promos from other sites do not count as head start keys, only the beta keys that were paid for with pre-orders count, unless you can prove otherwise to me. Its the same as me, my beta key counts also, but I actually bought that key for $5 as a down payment of sorts.

Please re-read my original statement.

It wasn't a key from a partner site.
    unless you can prove otherwise to me

Pray, tell how.
    edited January 2010
    Free with a purchase in the eyes of the legal system has been considered payed for.

So what happens if you buy a $1000 loaf of bread and the company promises to give you a free car if you order the bread before it hits shelves and then decides to give you a hunk of metal from a car but not the whole car? You just paid $1000 for a loaf of bread. Congrats.

The beta keys acquired by free promos from other sites do not count as head start keys, only the beta keys that were paid for with pre-orders count, unless you can prove otherwise to me. Its the same as me, my beta key counts also, but I actually bought that key for $5 as a down payment of sorts.[/QUOTE

The car and bread scenerio is harldy a good comparison. First of all you aren't getting just a part of the game. If the people giving me the car started out with a door for example and had an entire brand new car built in 4 days that would be a better comparison. Your game time does not start until Tuesday relax. After Tuesday troll away.
    edited January 2010
    It seems to me that the nature of Cryptic's business is logistics, i.e. being able to deliver the game across the internet day and night. The fact that they are not able to do that is greatly worrying. The current situation, of frequent server downtime and extremely frequent server busy messages when the server is up, smacks of budgetary problems. It looks as though Cryptic haven't invested enough upfront in infrastructure, and we the customers suffer as a result.
This discussion has been closed.