Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nash name one that hasnt because if there was I missed it
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /facepalm , ALL MMOS GO THROUGH THIS. There is no way to prepare for this, and it gets solved in a few weeks, and your not even paying yet so get off your damn high horse and give it a chance, if its like this after your 30 FREE days, complain, moan, groan do whatever the hell you want.

Where do you get 30 free days? Everyone paid anywhere from 50 to 80 dollars for those 'free' days.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I remember Aion launch... you had to wait in queues up to 5 hours to get on because the servers were so full. Happens in -every- single MMO, the first month is the harshest.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /facepalm , ALL MMOS GO THROUGH THIS. There is no way to prepare for this, and it gets solved in a few weeks, and your not even paying yet so get off your damn high horse and give it a chance, if its like this after your 30 FREE days, complain, moan, groan do whatever the hell you want.

The only reason MMOs go through this is because people like you are willing to just let them get away with it when we should be holding them to a higher standard. Just because previous MMOs went through this shouldn't give every single one a free pass on not having their technology straight.

That's what open beta is for, a stress test.

Stop letting them walk all over us because "ALL MMOS GO THROUGH THIS". It's time for the Launch Now, Patch Later mentality to go away.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jarioth wrote:
    Where do you get 30 free days? Everyone paid anywhere from 50 to 80 dollars for those 'free' days.

No, they paid $50 to $80 for the account, and any miscellaneous bonuses. Said time is free.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I do the launches because they are the best not knowing if you can play or what will go wrong but best of all I do the for the explosions from people complaining then think that these are the people they seem to listen to for some reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nashie wrote:
    Most, not all.

Name some that didn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No, they paid $50 to $80 for the account, and any miscellaneous bonuses. Said time is free.

also you have to remember, but that 30 day's doesn't start until Tuesday, I best if cryptic is the evil corporation that trolls make them out to be, they could shut down the server until Tuesday with out any real legal problems.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Val you get right on that and see how many follow you because most of those complaining wont I am sure and those of us who dont mind are to relaxed in your opinion to really want to.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is my first post ever on these forums, and will most likely be my last. I like STO. If they can get it running somewhat reliably I will probably stay. I know MMOs are just a pain in the butt like this. Its the problems that come with an ever evolving world of programming with thousands of people interacting from all over the world. Server instability. It's bound to happen. And as much as I would like them to run this game on a NASA super computer so that no matter how many people play it will never lag or crash, they will not. It is about cost effectiveness. Low cost, high profit. And for all you little girls out there that think you are gonna come online and "Rally the troops!" and scare Cryptic into buying a NASA super computer to run your game... Get over it. All I hear on these forums day in and day out when I am looking for info on the games is whining. Neverending whining. EVERY SINGLE MMO ON THE PLANET HAS GONE THROUGH THIS!!! So just get over it. If you don't like dealing with this TRIBBLE, if you don't like paying a subscription fee for a game that may or may not be working when you wanna play it, then don't. In fact if half you sissys would leave like you claim we probably would not have all this lag and crashes. But you won't. You'll just **** and moan and take up space and make your mommy and daddy pay for a game you constantly complain about. And yes for you pretend intellectuals out there, I do see the irony in a posting a complaint about complaints. But the difference is, this is the only one you will ever see from me. Not every 5 mins like the rest of you. If you can't handle it stay out. Simple as that. This is the price we pay for MMOs. And that will never change. Thank you for your time in reading this, and good luck.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    good post nightglide i can see you have heard about or done a head start or launch in your time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    IgorEvting wrote:
    good post nightglide i can see you have heard about or done a head start or launch in your time.

PreCU to PostNGE in SWG. They finally nerfed my BH enough to drive me off.
    COH/COV They created the architect program that everyone used to farm. When they took away the farm everyone left. No one left to play with so I left.
    Been long awaiting STO. Hope it does well in the coming months to years.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have done most of those also I remember them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All mmo's suffer the same problems.

This has been extremely smooth compared to Aion, in which server never went down....

But you never got in anyway, due to 9-10 hour ques on the login.

I'll take server going down and stability issues over server that never goes down but nobody can ever actually log into it.

Oh, and that sub your floating about?

Doesn't begin till March, you are not a paying subscriber until march.
This discussion has been closed.