test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If its this bad now ...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Cmon guys, we know that most of us probably played beta, but beta is over. This is launch. My subscription price was suposed to cover PLAY TIME!

The rest of the masses arnt even here yet and its laggy and cant log on, What do you think is going to happen when the rest of the players get here? I know this isnt your first MMO so stop acting like it and get proactive on servers.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Gremlis wrote:
    Cmon guys, we know that most of us probably played beta, but beta is over. This is launch. My subscription price was suposed to cover PLAY TIME!

The rest of the masses arnt even here yet and its laggy and cant log on, What do you think is going to happen when the rest of the players get here? I know this isnt your first MMO so stop acting like it and get proactive on servers.

/facepalm , ALL MMOS GO THROUGH THIS. There is no way to prepare for this, and it gets solved in a few weeks, and your not even paying yet so get off your damn high horse and give it a chance, if its like this after your 30 FREE days, complain, moan, groan do whatever the hell you want.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was thinking the exact same thing... What's it going to be like next week!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gremlis wrote:

Oh "proactive"

That word haunts me.. my former boss would find countless ways to insert that damned word in his every sentence.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /facepalm , ALL MMOS GO THROUGH THIS. There is no way to prepare for this, and it gets solved in a few weeks, and your not even paying yet so get off your damn high horse and give it a chance, if its like this after your 30 FREE days, complain, moan, groan do whatever the hell you want.

30 Free days? Did you forget to include the price we had to pay for the game? Every MMO has a 30 'free days' because you pay for them in the price with the serial/key and all that. It's nothing new.

However, since its only the second day, I wouldn't be so jumpy 'just yet'. It does suck that this head start is basically ruined by crashes, but I'm just hoping they solve the crashes by Feb 2nd, when the game is considered 'online'.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You sure can tell what part of their anatomy has been slapping jason in the cheeks. Going thru this on every release means they dont learn from their mistakes. planning ahead is what saves face in this buisness. Its always better to have and not need than need and not have.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they hope to get through this influx of players at the start and not have to put so much into the the servers right now thinking its going to level off with not so many on at one time. Or maybe if the servers could handle this now it would keep a lot more ofthe customers happy, like in subs. It's probably all about balancing servers. players and money.. But im not a server tech.... Just a thought.It's still fun, could be a lot more enjoyable without lag, maybe in due time. We will see.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

All mods do not go through this.
    Well I should say shouldn't in 2010
    The concept of ALL these MMO type games is a given, None of this broken stuff should be going on...
    IF a Game is ready for launch.

This proves this game IS NOT READY FOR LAUNCH.

Playable? Well that's a matter of opinion.
    It seems not since many are already suffering lag, even here on the boards.

I hope this is a temporary problem but this should not be happening 3 days before release.

In Beta sure, it is Beta. Not Open Beta, not Headstart, Not launch.

People pay for Open Beta and Headstart via pre ordering... Don't fool yourself thinking you get 30 days free.
    You still paid for the game, just happened to get 30 free subscription days just like everyone else that doesn't pre order.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Except for the crash this afternoon, I havent had any real problems since it started.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it gets solved in a few weeks

I have a few things I would like to sell you all, all the parts are not there, BUT I will give them to you as soon as possible. That should be ok right, because Its gets solved in a few weeks right?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Not a valid excuse in my opinion. But I do consider MMO Head Starts as Open Beta Part Two.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OMG OMG!!

The sky is falling, help us!

Servers crash, it happens.

Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    rewmemebr folks, head start isn't part of our free 30 days anyway, so this is pure gravy,

this game's gonna have some teething problems for the first month or so, thats the nature of a MMO.

if you really dislike experianceing teething problems, go back to WoW or whatever it is you play right now and wait. hold onto your game and pre-order for a month before registering, get your free month and pre-order bonuses when the game's been live for a month,

meanwhile those of us who can tolerate the occasional launch hickup well.. we'll continue to play
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Phoenicorn wrote: »
    I have a few things I would like to sell you all, all the parts are not there, BUT I will give them to you as soon as possible. That should be ok right, because Its gets solved in a few weeks right?

You still bought it. Your post pretty much nutshells every MMO preorder ever.

Am I unhappy? A little bit. However, I'm not so ignorant as to think that it wouldn't have been this way, as it's been this way for pretty much every other MMO ever. No, wait. This is actually SMOOTHER than most other MMO launches.

1 crash, over 24 hours after launch, with a server population that's EASILY 100 times higher than what the hardware has ever experienced? I say that's a good thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am glad this thread has so many people new to mmos and launches of them that they have no idea so far this is a smooth launch. All I can say is welcome and trust me it could be much worse. You think this is bad there was 1 mmo i wont say names but you got knocked off every 10 to 20 mins for the first week of launch. This is to be expected the fact they can work on it now mean less of it later. Not everything works like it is supposed to and when they work on one thing they can break others and not realize it. Think of it this way do you always do things right the first time. If so I am glad you do I know me and many people make mistakes and these are people behind the company not robots and even robots would make mistakes since we program them. So just sit back relax and think about the fact that they are working for your benifit since they could just leave it down and say we will work on it tomorrow and see if we can figure it out then instead of working to bring it back up.

Server is down so gives time to get snack reply to threads get a drink maybe some sleep. If you cant stand it go do something else for about a month and then come back you will find it is alot better in your eyes i think.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Torlak wrote:
    Not a valid excuse in my opinion. But I do consider MMO Head Starts as Open Beta Part Two.

heh indeed a MMO headstart proably basicly means "an open beta but we're confidant eneugh we've closed any XP exploi5ts etc we'll letcha keep your characters :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OMG OMG!!

The sky is falling, help us!

Servers crash, it happens.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Your here!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes, this is truly the end of the world. /wrists
    I mean...no MMO has EVER had problems at launch, right?
    What am I doing? These brats don't care. They're brats who cry at the first hint of an inconvenience.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hehe,

You know when you buy a car they offer rebates.
    We say hey that's a great thing, maybe I will buy one.

Well why didn't they just lower the price of the car that much instead?

Here you have a "headstart" That is supposed to be some perk that people payed for.

So when the headstart is over and Launch comes, will you still have a headstart for the time the game crashes or for the lag that sucks up you time as a real person?
    Nope.
    You fall into the average player that is playing on launch. That and there is no gaurentee that you will not have the same issues Tuesday. But by then that headstart time will have passed and then what do you have?

Will they give you free time? Doubt it...

As much as many people hate SOE, SOE gave you a Rebate in the form of free time on your subscription.

I think Cryptic/Atari might want to look into this if things happen to fail on a regular basis.

Remember this is not the first MMO for either.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If it's this "bad" now it's going to be pretty damn spectacular in a month's time. Has there ever been a headstart/launch of an MMO that has gone as smoothly as STO has so far? I highly doubt it and guarantee it's never happened with one drawing anywhere near as many people as STO has.

Also, you need to get a bit of a grip here, OP. Your "subscription" doesn't cover any playtime right now because it hasn't started yet. You're playing on free time, which yes, I do understand was part of the agreement when you pre-ordered. But you haven't paid any money for it and it's not part of the sub in any event.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Used to be worse.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I hope some of these posters don't work in aircraft manufacturing. "Oh, the plane your family was on crashed? Don't you realize that many of the earlier plane designs crashed. It to be expected when you build a new plane. Deal with it".
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had zero problems all last night and this morning, so honestly its gone better than I expected so far. I remember when wow launched...realms were down more than they were up...and that happens on and off with each major patch or new expansion as well. lol...I remember when the server were down for a solid week because they tried to put holiday decorations in. My g/f and I are both loving the game though, so an occasional downtime gives me an excuse to eat and maybe sleep some..lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Torlak wrote:
    I was thinking the exact same thing... What's it going to be like next week!

It will be worse!!! and hopefully all of you whiners quit!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    torlak how many planes you think crashed before they got the ones they have now that dont as much
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Torlak wrote:
    I hope some of these posters don't work in aircraft manufacturing. "Oh, the plane your family was on crashed? Don't you realize that many of the earlier plane designs crashed. It to be expected when you build a new plane. Deal with it".

Yeah, cause that is a perfectly reasonable comparison, lmao...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    IgorEvting wrote:
    torlak how many planes you think crashed before they got the ones they have now that dont as much

Exactly my point. Customers should and do expect more now. It's not like it's new technology. I went through the Warhammer Head Start and launch. That was pretty bad but not as much downtime as this. And look where that game is now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OP has a good point this is just headstart with player numbers likely going up a fair bit at launch then uh oh.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Torlak wrote:

Actually, a better analogy -

You mean, I can't knowingly buy a car that isn't complete - or tested - and expect it to work perfectly? Look at this OTHER car, that's been on the road for five years, getting improvements and maintenance at regular intervals! This should be like that!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /facepalm , ALL MMOS GO THROUGH THIS.

Most, not all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know what will be funny? If this launch gets compared to Star Wars Old Republic. It would be hilarious to see people on their forums complaining that the launch isn't as smooth as the launch for Star Trek Online. I can see it now:

Guy1: Dude this launch sux! When I was starting STO it was sooo much smooother.

Guy2: What is STO? And *every* MMO starts off with problems, server downtime, etc.

Guy1: STO = Star Trek Online, and in the first few days there were only about 3-4 major crashes of Star Trek Online. We've had 20!!!!!!! I'm getting my money back.

Guy2: Whelp I guess we won't see him again. He was probably lying about the 3-4 crashes anyways. F him. I'm going to be a dark Jedi and kill some rebel sc

**Unplanned Server Maintenance***
    We regret to inform you the forums are coming down for an emergency maintenance.
    You've been logged off to save your profile information.
This discussion has been closed.