Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    maxp wrote: »
    Dead i say dead
    yup, it is
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    why oh why does the server always seem to crash around this time - all the time? geuss they never sorted out the server issues then.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I applied the cortical stimulators, but the patient was non-responsive.

(Login server not responding after being booted off during a very slow load-screen).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    forums really slow as well..

nice firefly quote
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    caldrin wrote: »
    forums really slow as well..

Because everyone who got kicked off the game is coming here now to go WTF :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Quick, run a clip show until we go live again!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bugger never mind bound to happen at the start
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    anyone else find it... odd that it crashed at EXACTLY 12:00? (pst)not 11:58 not 12:04 but EXACTLY 12:00
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Henchrat wrote:
    (Login server not responding after being booted off during a very slow load-screen).

Exact same thing here...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We know what STO stands for...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The servers cant take the load they have to many people on one server. I knew when the server started loading slowly that it was gonna overload and crash eventually. They may actually have to make a second server for STO if this game becomes super popular which it seem sto be headed that way.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hopefully they don't need 2 hours to get the game running again like it was several times in beta... :(

C'mon Cryptic. Fire it up again for us now :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They need to add the Server Down indicator to the login screen you get to once you're booted. It would save a lot of people trying to get in when there's no chance of reconnecting.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dammit... in the last part of a mission chain... in beta when that happened they wiped everything I had done to that point and made me start the mission over

Please say that's fixed!!! fingers crossed
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Damnit man, I'm a doctor not a employee from Geek Squad!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    maxp wrote: »
    Dead i say dead

This game is SO NOT READY FOR LAUNCH...whoops this IS launch. WTG Atari and Cryptic.
    To Cryptic I say IF you had to sell out... you should have done to some one with some capital to invest and a decent ethic to ensure the game would be ready. TO Atari I say ...go back to what your good at...Mario Brothers or what ever. Stay out of what you dont understand.:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    JontyEll wrote:
    Bugger never mind bound to happen at the start

Is it just me JontyEll or is the guy in your avatar really holding a ***** lol :D (sex toy)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There is only one thing to do.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Henchrat wrote:

"Jayne" is a girl's name.

Well, Jayne ain't a girl!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LoWNapalm wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't need 2 hours to get the game running again like it was several times in beta... :(

C'mon Cryptic. Fire it up again for us now :)

No more important words could ever be said. In my MMO experience, I've never seen any team take so long to bring a server back up, by a factor of 5 times or more compared to the worst.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The servers cant take the load they have to many people on one server. I knew when the server started loading slowly that it was gonna overload and crash eventually. They may actually have to make a second server for STO if this game becomes super popular which it seem sto be headed that way.

And this is just one of the many reasons why we were pushing for multiple servers over a year ago.:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And this is just one of the many reasons why we were pushing for multiple servers over a year ago.:mad:

I wasn't aware it was going to be a single server. I've never seen that in an MMO. I was really surprised when I loaded up on the 29th, and the first thing I wasn't asked was to make a server selection.

Especially after the full server on beta, I was... "huh? really?"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Iiillume wrote:
    They need to add the Server Down indicator to the login screen you get to once you're booted. It would save a lot of people trying to get in when there's no chance of reconnecting.

Here here!
    :cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is it just me JontyEll or is the guy in your avatar really holding a ***** lol :D (sex toy)

oh my lord it certainly looks like a whopper too, would be like trying to push a bus through a cat flap :D :eek: :cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    for your viewing pleasure.....

CRYPTICCCCCCCC ! <
    KAHHHHHNNNNN !.

:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54&feature=related
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And I was worried Beta was over ....

But now we get to pay for continued Beta ... Awesome! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok, who was the brilliant individual at Cryptic who forgot to put new batteries in the ZuZu Pets before starting them up this morning to provide power to the server?? This person should get a poor employee evaluation...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Henchrat wrote:

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I love this game. Just want everyone to know I have been very supportive of criptic all through beta and understand that mmo development can be tricky and bugs will slip through the cracks BUT...

Anyone else get the feeling that this is no longer an issue regarding need more hardware?
    I am trying very hard to stay positive about this game because I really do love it but at this point we are not in BETA anymore, also everyone who is playing now has PAID to be playing.

the point.....

CMON Criptic get this together will ya? We want to play your game... we love your game... however if these crashes continue and the bugs that have been reported thousands of times (mission rewards? where?) don't get fixed VERY soon, your game will end up in a world of bad publicity that has the potential of destroying this game all together.

If you google STO right now you can already find thousands of comments online telling people that this game is unstable and not worth buying. I purchased my pre order copy but think of the thousands that won't based on the bad publicity that is already circulating the net.

Bottom line... please criptic do whatever you must to fix this before it is too late. If you need help from the community ask for it. Let us know how we help and I'm sure that your users will respond. Quit leaving us in the dark and let us help. We can't do anything but complain because we don't know what is going on.

Sorry for the rant. I have tried not to complain but this is getting out of hand.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    eve is one a single server (cluster of servers). Works quite well imho. (playing that over 6y)
This discussion has been closed.