Install Arc
Options

xindi thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is so much material Cryptic can use. I wouldn't mind to see the Xindies and more references to Enterprise, just to annoy the so called ST fans who hate entire shows like VOY or ENT :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Windhunter wrote: »
    what you are talking about doesnt happen until the 26th century im afraid. so thats at least 100 years away.

here is a link to proof.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-J)

also, Enterprise sucked

if u actualy saw the episode, the ENT J Didnt participate in the battle it was a recording....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Delazure wrote: »
    There is so much material Cryptic can use. I wouldn't mind to see the Xindies and more references to Enterprise, just to annoy the so called ST fans who hate entire shows like VOY or ENT :D

ENT did aliens better than the other Trek shows. The Tellerites , Andorians, Axanar,Xindi, Tholians, Gorn, Orions etc... all looked really good.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought Enterprise was a great series, matter of fact all the ST series have been great IMO, and I wouldnt mind seeing content that has something to do with the spheres and the xindi
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ENT did aliens better than the other Trek shows. The Tellerites , Andorians, Axanar,Xindi, Tholians, Gorn, Orions etc... all looked really good.

True, I particularly enjoyed the Tellarites. Well, to be fair, that's because they had access to the best CGIs.

Anyway, the Xindi arc was not my favourite one but the last season was both excellent and heavy on lore informations. IMHO, any real Startrek fan should watch ENT 4 at least twice (except maybe the 2 first episodes and the last one :eek:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    waveslayer wrote: »
    matter of fact all the ST series have been great IMO

QFT.

10chars
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    waveslayer wrote: »
    I thought Enterprise was a great series, matter of fact all the ST series have been great IMO, and I wouldnt mind seeing content that has something to do with the spheres and the xindi

thank you , finally - i 2 think all the series are great and i really loved them all m and perhaps with the time changes the epic sphere builders battle never happened but i would still like to know what happened to them (the xindi) and perheps cryptic could add them to the list of spicies (not like in the alien creater but like creating andorians or humans ) .... it's shame cuz that would a lot to the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Delazure wrote: »
    True, I particularly enjoyed the Tellarites. Well, to be fair, that's because they had access to the best CGIs.

Anyway, the Xindi arc was not my favourite one but the last season was both excellent and heavy on lore informations. IMHO, any real Startrek fan should watch ENT 4 at least twice (except maybe the 2 first episodes and the last one :eek:)

Yeah 4th season had the Vulcan Arc, The Augemnts, The TOS Klingons, The Tholians, The Andorians and we get to see all the founding races get together. Plus old style Romulan Warbirds.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    origr15 wrote: »
    if you watched star trek enterprise then you know that now (the 25 century) is when the federation is fighting the sphere builders and win ....

actually, that never happened cuz Enterprise defeated the sphere builders, and having done so, these builders cound not now be in the 26th century.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I liked the first two seasons of enterprise.

The third season was alright but it was apparent at the end there was no going back to the first two seasons =/ That said the third season gave us "The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one" :D

I actually never got past the first arc of the 4th season because i just felt like after the whole third season they should have gotten a little rest BEFORE another screwy time travel parallel whatever plot line got thrown in.

Anyway enterprise was a good show. i dismissed it back when it was airing because i did not want to go back in time. I wanted more flashy amazing technology and huge warships and explosions. But it was a great series and ive watched every episode of seasons 1-3 and enjoyed them all. Its also my favorite crew, maybe not my favorite individual characters, but there are so many members that i like more than medium that the lot of them win out. Ill get around to 4 when im ready to handle blue TRIBBLE aliens
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gunfugue wrote:
    I liked the first two seasons of enterprise.

The third season was alright but it was apparent at the end there was no going back to the first two seasons =/ That said the third season gave us "The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one" :D

I actually never got past the first arc of the 4th season because i just felt like after the whole third season they should have gotten a little rest BEFORE another screwy time travel parallel whatever plot line got thrown in.

Anyway enterprise was a good show. i dismissed it back when it was airing because i did not want to go back in time. I wanted more flashy amazing technology and huge warships and explosions. But it was a great series and ive watched every episode of seasons 1-3 and enjoyed them all. Its also my favorite crew, maybe not my favorite individual characters, but there are so many members that i like more than medium that the lot of them win out. Ill get around to 4 when im ready to handle blue TRIBBLE aliens

The only screwy time issue in 4th season was the wrap up from the third.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't mind Xindi, more things to shoot at is always good. Plus any chance to have a fun time travel episode, I'm down.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Shingi wrote:
    a century is a long time..

so we have 91 years and 4 enterprises to get through until that could happen.

just because its the 26th century does not mean the fight took place in 2500. could have been 2599 or anywhere in between so well over 91 years

i liked seasons 3 and 4, but 1 and 2 were a bit dull. the characters were somewhat boring and the writers really screwed up the temporal cold war by making it up as they went along instead of planning it out
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    just because its the 26th century does not mean the fight took place in 2500. could have been 2599 or anywhere in between so well over 91 years

i liked seasons 3 and 4, but 1 and 2 were a bit dull. the characters were somewhat boring and the writers really screwed up the temporal cold war by making it up as they went along instead of planning it out

I would just liked a bigger cast, but the show still felt trek, just on a small scale.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DarkZenith wrote: »
    They never specified a date, sure it's the 25 century, but when? I hated the Xindi story arc in any case, I prefer to pretend it doesn't exist.

26th Century mate.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Please no Xindi. Devs, just ignore everything Enterprise.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Say what you will about the Xindi story arc, but compared to the previous two seasons, season 3 was like a gift from Heaven.

I rather liked it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Say what you will about the Xindi story arc, but compared to the previous two seasons, season 3 was like a gift from Heaven.

I rather liked it.

To me, it was like they were just creating yet another new and uninteresting threat, when they could have done something with established canon or something like a season long Vulcan/Andorian war. That would have been awesome.

And, it bugged me that Earth was attacked on 9/11ish, now Archer is hunting for WMD, torturing suspected terrorists, and invading planets that had nothing to do with the attack on Florida. Not to get political, but it was pretty lame, with very little actual social commentary on the war on terrorism.

Season 4 was great though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm sure the Xindi will make an apperance an expansion. Because where they are located on the Star Trek Star Charts (which STO uses as a basis) is "Northwest" of Sol, putting it in a sector that isn't playable atm.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DarkZenith wrote: »
    The whole Xindi storyline was rubbish, it was simply an attempt to keep people watching, and it didn't do Enterprise any favours. Personally, I thought the series was a lot better when they were exploring new planets, and boldly going where no Beagle had gone before.

I'd have to agree that it was basically an attempt to keep viewers, but it wasn't a bad story arc. I found it the most interesting part of Enterprise, honestly. Season 1, 2, and 4 were pretty unremarkable. Aside from the Borg episode, I can't really remember too much. I enjoyed the series and would've liked to have it on longer, but it felt very different than the other series'.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »
    Please no Xindi. Devs, just ignore everything Enterprise.

Third and Fourth season was great.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    loved this part of Enterprise too! Named my ship USS Florida in memory of all those lost from the cowards attack on my home state :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Enterprise My Take.

Season one and two the Temporal Cold War, really bad Star Trek based TV show, and put the whole series on an alternate time-line, in fact the whole series was effected by other Star Trek shows messing with the time-line. in ST:TOS they messed with the time-line several times, Bones Vaporized a Hobo in the 30's by accident, Kirk interfered with Gary Seven, Scotty Gave transparent Aluminum to the 90's. Voyager Caused the computer revolution, and TNG left Borg in Cocrans time.

with that said I did like the last two seasons and wish they did the fifth season instead of closing the show in the holodeck with fatty too chubby.

as for the Xindi, some of them would join the Federation when it was formed but I think it would take time for some of them to join, but then try and think what may have happened it time travelers didn't mess with them, and then you might find a much different history.

but then things different in ST:Ent because of time travel...
This discussion has been closed.