test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

===/\=== SERENITY STATION / Firefly Fleet Signup ==/\==

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Earth Spacedock
Now, I'm a Fed. I know a few of you that get scared by that. But don't let that make y'all fret too much.

My name is Dr. Amy Weaver, Captain and Chief Medical Officer of the USS Kaywinnet Lee and former commander of Serenity Rescue Station. We're looking for a few good captains and crew. Not good, necessarily, as in clean, upstanding, A1A Academy wetnoses.

I mean the ones who know how to survive.

Our mission over here at the Station is simple, and well known. We do search and rescue. Some call us angels of mercy, some call us tow truckers. Some call us worse things... at least until they need us. People might not think that's a glory job, or a danger job. They're forgettin' something.

Any ship that got itself in trouble got in trouble for a reason. And nine times out of ten that reason is still going to be out there hanging around when we show up.

So I'm not looking for glory hunters or fake bravado. And I don't care what you were before. Lovable rogue, pig-brained mercenary, toy-obsessed pilot, button-cute greasemonkey or ninja courtesan, that's all behind you if you want the job. Let me worry about the politics, and the criminal records.

All you need to know is how to get your crew out there, get our folks out, and get 'em all home. How, in short, to keep flying when it's all against you.
Because I've been to one side of this 'verse and t'other. And there's no reward, no medal, no payoff, like bringing someone home to their family.

So if you think you can take it, I can dish it out like you've

*CRUNCH* *HISS* *QUEEP* *BLIP*

...what was that?

Did my primary comm array just fall off my gorram station for NO GORRAM REASON?

Hell with it. Call me. If I don't pick up, I'm out there with a welding phaser fixing this myself because... because. Leave a message.

Serenity out.

**MESSAGE TERMINATED: LOCATION DATA FOR SERENITY STATION, SECTOR WH3-D0N ATTACHED**

For those of you who are wondering... yes, this is a call to arms for all Browncoats, Whedonheads and other related geeks out there - and a way of shoehorning the Firefly family values into a cold and clinical Federale-lovin' verse. It's also for anyone who loves playing "support" characters (clerics, engineers, defenders, empaths, etc) and want a guild / SG / fleet affiliation that understands your nature. Though the odd psychopathic phaser-crazed James T. Kirk type is welcome to sign up too.

Would love to hear from all Browncoats out there anyway regardless of if you're signing on for Fleet duty as well.

Since this thread was originally posted, more than 100 fine officers with a streak of daring, a dash of cunning, and even a sense of humour have signed up - now under the watchful eye of Fleet Admiral Baumer and his crew. Join us. It'll be fun. We have tea and dumplings too.... and a spanky new forum site with its very own rock video at http://serenitystation.forummotion.com.

Let's see what's out there.

DW
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Flosses teeth with a knife... and chips a tooth. Gorram it.

Any room for casual, absent minded, phaser totin' folk?
    edited January 2010
    Subspace communication sqwalls lightly across the com

This is Capt Shinjo of the USS Takao, your call to arms has been recieved , we are heading past K7 and en-rout towards serenity station, my crews heart are strong and couage boundless, but most of all..their coats are Gorram Brown.

Takao out.

Transmission ends
    edited January 2010
    Horray! It just would'nt seem right to have this thread without Dr. Weaver's welcome message.

Firefly fleet is always recruting! Click on the link in my sig to find out more!
    edited January 2010
    Page 8! Must fix. :D
    edited January 2010
    Whoosh! And back to page one we go!
    edited January 2010
    Set course for page one, Mr. Lastline!

Reminds me, I need to do the Full Epic Version of the story of Serenity Station at some point, in a TrekFlyBSG stylee. (Would be nice if I could get some Space:A&B in there too, if any of you crazy kids remember it).

Next downtime should give me just enough time.
    edited February 2010
    I look forward to reading it!
    edited February 2010
    A good, the old homestead is back. Time to kick back and relax. Or at least till I get back from this Gorram job. :) Nice to see everyone in Game. Or at least on the Vent, when the game is down :rolleyes:
    edited February 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGFg912LyQ

yeah im going to pump these things out like every 2 weeks lol
    watch it or i poke your eye .
    edited February 2010
    Just finished watching the vid raven! Well done!
    edited February 2010
    The Serenity Station forums are too big and confusing. Why are there two places with general STO topics?
    edited February 2010
    its a survival test.
    edited February 2010
    Bump from page 2
    edited February 2010
    Tagged for when I get home.

...and a bump in the process. :D
    edited February 2010
    We have a klingon wing now. Contact our chief ridgehead Jarhok for info:)
    edited February 2010
    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet that this, is the fleet, tha' I have been waitin for.

Beam me up!
    edited February 2010
    Yeha - we all made it to the other side! I'll be lookin' for y'all out there in the Black.
    edited February 2010
    Bumpato! and good day!
    edited February 2010
    Hey. I'm still alive and kickin. Still getting the toon creator down, but Urza will be showing up soon!
    edited February 2010
    *waves*

How is everything going people?
    edited February 2010
    are waiting til you get ze game:)
    edited February 2010
    Why are we on the gorram 5th page again?!!?

TO THE TOP I SAY.
    edited February 2010
    Up, Up, an Away!
    edited February 2010
    OK, which of you Gorram guys/gals "borrowed" K7 yesterday? Can you please put it back :)
    edited February 2010
    OK, which of you Gorram guys/gals "borrowed" K7 yesterday? Can you please put it back :)

I was just... testing its shields. Yeah, that's it...
    edited February 2010
    It's been 2 days and no one has got in contact with me to join. I had tried to get in contact but I think the global is buggy. In search, used now and then, Dr Amy Weaver managed to stay idle in one place for several hours.
    edited February 2010
    Well first click on the liknky to boards in lmy sig and register on boards. Post in recruitment section, andwe will contact you in game for oining:)
    edited February 2010
    Hears a frindley bump and a non formal request to join you folks. look me up in game toon name is Talleria Marie Lange
    edited February 2010
    T-Lani wrote:
    It's been 2 days and no one has got in contact with me to join. I had tried to get in contact but I think the global is buggy. In search, used now and then, Dr Amy Weaver managed to stay idle in one place for several hours.

You need to go to our forums (link in my sig) and sign up!
    edited February 2010
    Love to get in, look me up, my ingame is Dallus@av8or505.
    Usually on in the mornings.
    Thanks