test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamestop Constitution already in game?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I'm going through sector space, minding my own business, only to see someone in a Gamestop Connie already. Something is fishy here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That's certainly interesting. I would be curious to know how that happened.
    edited January 2010
    Well, it isn't unheard of for individual Gamestop stores to break the ship date on games. I've no clue if they've got their stock yet but that seems the most likely cause.
    edited January 2010
    I'm a little annoyed, I'd much rather be flying around in my GS Connie than the standard starter just so I don't have to look at it.
    edited January 2010
    I saw one too, outside of Stardock.
    edited January 2010
    Awww, I wanted to be the first with a Gamestop-Connie.
    edited January 2010
    Well, it isn't unheard of for individual Gamestop stores to break the ship date on games. I've no clue if they've got their stock yet but that seems the most likely cause.

It's actually the street date, not ship date. There's a bit of difference between the two (primarily that a store is allowed to SHIP orders prior to the release date so they arrive at their destination on the release date - that's called a ship date - a street date is the date that stores are allowed to put the game on shelves and sell it to people coming in off the street, the game's developer-set release date).
    edited January 2010
    Some people have gotten there boxes a bit early. There is a thread somewhere where a guy has a picture of his retail box/
    edited January 2010
    Well, they probably did ship some units early. I know some people who ordered online and they have been charged for the item even though there's a clause that says gamestop will not charge until the unit ships.
    edited January 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:
    Some people have gotten there boxes a bit early. There is a thread somewhere where a guy has a picture of his retail box/

Heck there could just be a few unethical Gamestop employees out there who have loaded them up for themselves without bothering to "leak" them out to anyone else. :eek:
    edited January 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:

So the C-store is busted and I can't get my Borg, but I can get my blasted Taco shuttle. And then to top it off someone has the Connie I can't wait to get into so I can leave the Miranda far behind me. It makes me kinda sad.

:(
    edited January 2010
    I'm going through sector space, minding my own business, only to see someone in a Gamestop Connie already. Something is fishy here.

report the names... those i bet are gamestop employees breaking street date. report the name and account and lets see what happens.... lol
    edited January 2010
    Player0 wrote:
    It's actually the street date, not ship date. There's a bit of difference between the two (primarily that a store is allowed to SHIP orders prior to the release date so they arrive at their destination on the release date - that's called a ship date - a street date is the date that stores are allowed to put the game on shelves and sell it to people coming in off the street, the game's developer-set release date).
    Yeah I meant street date, should've paid more attention :).
    edited January 2010
    sekkoutai wrote: »
    I saw one too, outside of Stardock.

i reserved my gamestop copy an if that guy got in i want in too thats fishy could be a hack. maybe?
    edited January 2010
    Doubt it's a hack, but if someone has that ship it means someone at Gamestop broke the street date of the game.
    edited January 2010
    otterlord wrote: »
    i reserved my gamestop copy an if that guy got in i want in too thats fishy could be a hack. maybe?

Maybe. But again I'd much sooner believe people getting legitimate retail codes earlier than Tuesday rather than a "hack" at this point.
    edited January 2010
    Like someone has said, most likely some Gamestop employees breaking the street date.
    edited January 2010
    otterlord wrote: »

this is not counter-strike or call of duty mw 2.. lol :)
    edited January 2010

it's most likley a game stop employee, I have a friend who works there, and the manager is a major nerd, according to him the retail is coming on Monday, and the manager plans to take the day off and uses his copy. so it mite be one of the employees who store got it already.
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Good Lord, the manager is leaving work...

what does the taco-shuttle do anyway? can you fly it?
    edited January 2010
    Nah, it just follows you around. Looks like it disappears when you get into combat.
    edited January 2010
    quick question the shuttle do you need all four codes or just one, because if that's the case the my up a creek because we only have B cups here in sparks NV.
    edited January 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    it's most likley a game stop employee, I have a friend who works there, and the manager is a major nerd, according to him the retail is coming on Monday, and the manager plans to take the day off and uses his copy. so it mite be one of the employees who store got it already.

For that matter it could be a Cryptic employee...
    edited January 2010
    I only entered one code and I have the shuttle.
    edited January 2010
    Either way they have some code violations regardless if they're an emplee of either Cryptic or Gamestop. If the person is Cryptic they can have administrative punishments happen to them if the emplee was Gamestop then the Gamestop can get fined and said employee should be fired.

However, come to think of it the Connie is a pre-order item. The code you get from gamestop says "pre-order" when it's registered and the pre-order from gamestop=open beta, early access, and connie ship.
    edited January 2010
    Shadowmane wrote: »
    Either way they have some code violations regardless if they're an emplee of either Cryptic or Gamestop. If the person is Cryptic they can have administrative punishments happen to them if the emplee was Gamestop then the Gamestop can get fined and said employee should be fired.

However, come to think of it the Connie is a pre-order item. The code you get from gamestop says "pre-order" when it's registered and the pre-order from gamestop=open beta, early access, and connie ship.

I have the pre-order code in already, but no Connie :). Pre-order codes should absolutely have unlocked the bonuses during headstart, it makes little or no difference to the game itself whether you can cancel on Monday.
    edited January 2010
    Shadowmane wrote: »

Yeah, but like most other pre-order items, the Connie shouldn't be available for use until Tuesday (hmm....where have I heard that before....? :D). Which, while I understand the reasons why it's that way, I'm still a bit...sad (for lack of a better word) that I'm stuck in the Miranda/Soyuz (or whatever it's called now)/Centaur. I can already tell, I'm going to be long out of my starter ship before Tuesday comes. :(
    edited January 2010
    Plosion-001.jpg

i like the blue ray
    edited January 2010
    Of course, it could be worse - you could instead be waiting another week to get into the game!

<sigh> no launch for us for a few days yet! Don't forget to come back here and post the occasional "crumb" for those us still waiting!
    edited January 2010
    I don't understand the marketing strategy here. If we have applied the pre-order code to our accounts and have access to the headstart, why doesn't Cryptic want us to enjoy the full game during headstart by simply allowing us to apply our retail code to the same account.

Can't access be controlled by a different method? Such as a logic test to see if the pre-order code was applied prior to the headstart date and the account has the appropriate retail key as well?

(I'd question the insipid use of the term 'Connie' to refer to a Constitution Class starship, except I already know that the Internet is ruled by illiteracy.)
This discussion has been closed.