What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Fleet

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Paul, you still owe me a new tea cup set. And it better not be those damn cheap-TRIBBLE Oberth cups.

lolol i made a gorn dude... hes got a tea set on his ships bridge :O its all yours :P not :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Finished the episode and it was rather fun. Shame I missed the first episode but oh well...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jezzer wrote: »
    Finished the episode and it was rather fun. Shame I missed the first episode but oh well...

Well Jezzer, its good to see you back in action. Yes they took away the previous episode missions with the Breen, but maybe they may reconsider and bring them back at some point. But I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well Jezzer, its good to see you back in action. Yes they took away the previous episode missions with the Breen, but maybe they may reconsider and bring them back at some point. But I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.

They will probably bring them back in the C-Store. :(

I have like 13 char in all,and would like to do them all with them at some time.....
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Blackheart wrote: »
    They will probably bring them back in the C-Store. :(

I have like 13 char in all,and would like to do them all with them at some time.....

Blackie, if you're still alive, I am in-game currently...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Stardate: 88422.64...

There have been whispers obvsiously especially between Primus and myself about a possible reunification of some of our one time members of Omega Fleet. However, I feel that this is far too important to just keep it behind the scenes.

With that said, we are going to have a meeting this coming Saturday at 2pm EST on Teamspeak. I know much of you want to see this happen as much as I do. But we're not going to rush this too fast and its just simply a matter on what could happen and what we can do to somehow make the transition happen in order for reunificaion to happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thats right dont rush it, take your time or else this whole plan will be over!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nice avatars, glad to have it instead of my other one. Nice job on the website, it has improved quite alot.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yep but it took me like 1hr and a half to get all the images in place and all the links into the right picture so you guy get the right one!

but it was worth it cuz i know rebuilding Omega wont be easy

Go on the site to get ur avatar if you havent got one already! and check if you got the right one!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think we should keep the news thing in the website. Something to put there is the fact that Champions Online is going F2P, and this may mean something for STO. Put the link to the thread up there too. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=185819
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    If STO do become F2P I will be p***ed cuz I'd pay a life sub for this and if they turned it into F2P all that money I saved goes to waste-ish
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Stardate: 88422.64...

There have been whispers obvsiously especially between Primus and myself about a possible reunification of some of our one time members of Omega Fleet. However, I feel that this is far too important to just keep it behind the scenes.

With that said, we are going to have a meeting this coming Saturday at 2pm EST on Teamspeak. I know much of you want to see this happen as much as I do. But we're not going to rush this too fast and its just simply a matter on what could happen and what we can do to somehow make the transition happen in order for reunificaion to happen.

Farrior as far as the members who are at Cerberus this wont be a problem. The issue is this. Cerberus does not have a STO group. Cerberus has always told its members that if they want to play STO to play it with Omega Fleet. The main thing is the fast majority of the members of Cerberus do not want anything to do with STO.

Now that I think about it that was part of the issue before, some people didn't believe that Cerberus wasn't formed to compete against Omega it was created to play WOW. It has sense branched off into LOTRO as well. There is several members who are also planning on playing SWTOR.

The point is Cerberus has no problem with Omega and have always considered Omega as their STO Sister Clan.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I would be happy. Although, think about it. You lifers would get like, SRS JUNK DAWG*. You would get CP points, ships, new weapons, new clothing, new missions! It would be good for you in that sense. Or, they could just make it so they refund you....

*4chan side right there....
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    DimitarJ wrote: »
    *4chan side right there....

As long as you don't break rules 1 & 2 it's all cool.:cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think a merger would be appropriate.

However, we would need to maintain a separate fleet for other games, I remember last time we tried to branch out, our branches fell off into Pegasus and Cerberus (no offence intended).
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Now Jezzer, the next question is what to do with you exactly?? You really didn't have to stand down as Fleet Leader since I was keeping the seat warm until you returned. However, with that said and you opting to not resume that duty, now we'll have to determine what may suit you. Going to be difficult indeed at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Farrior as far as the members who are at Cerberus this wont be a problem. The issue is this. Cerberus does not have a STO group. Cerberus has always told its members that if they want to play STO to play it with Omega Fleet. The main thing is the fast majority of the members of Cerberus do not want anything to do with STO.

Now that I think about it that was part of the issue before, some people didn't believe that Cerberus wasn't formed to compete against Omega it was created to play WOW. It has sense branched off into LOTRO as well. There is several members who are also planning on playing SWTOR.

The point is Cerberus has no problem with Omega and have always considered Omega as their STO Sister Clan.

Rowan, not going to hamstring people back into playing STO just to have us sharing s'mores and singing Coom-by-ya, but we all can still do other things, Star Wars most definitely when its available in April. STO is slowly getting itself on track. The idea of adding bases and player created missions in the Season 3 patch should bring it to a new experience of play. And its been a year since I did any Trek story episodes on STO, so I may want to brush up on what missions I could dream up.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Now Jezzer, the next question is what to do with you exactly?? You really didn't have to stand down as Fleet Leader since I was keeping the seat warm until you returned. However, with that said and you opting to not resume that duty, now we'll have to determine what may suit you. Going to be difficult indeed at the moment.

Jezzer, no one's in your original position (head of science+academy)
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I'll take whatever you have in mind - minus Paul/Sheeba handler :D. I stepped down as Fleet Leader as I was gone during the majority of the rebuilding process that you have headed and in all honesty when I was monitoring the fleet via lurking you have done quite well in holding thing together whilst moving the fleet forward. If you were to hand back the reigns it would change the dynamics. Additionally I don't have the time I used to for games as my bf is needy but adorable and doesn't understand video games or the appeal people have for them.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cptnroger wrote:

We are still doing an Academy phase?

Aside from that I'm looking into the crafting portion of the game - still a tad disappointed but it does seem better than when I last crafted back in April.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'll take whatever you have in mind - minus Paul/Sheeba handler :D. I stepped down as Fleet Leader as I was gone during the majority of the rebuilding process that you have headed and in all honesty when I was monitoring the fleet via lurking you have done quite well in holding thing together whilst moving the fleet forward. If you were to hand back the reigns it would change the dynamics. Additionally I don't have the time I used to for games as my bf is needy but adorable and doesn't understand video games or the appeal people have for them.

A sheeba Handlar ? :O see even jezzer knows to vote Undine.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I Vote Undine!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cptnroger wrote:

The academy part of the fleet has been on freeze because when we lost the site, we had no process to go on. Plus I had given that duty to Korbin after Reacan didn't want to deal with the stress of the logistics and Korbin has been fairly busy with law school I believe.

I'm not sure Jezzer wants the trouble of logistics again, but its something that will pick up again so someone will be tabbed with that responsiblility. Now that we have more of a pulse on how the game is currently as opposed to before its release, we will also talk about what divisions could be feasible in the meeting also this coming Saturday at 2pm EST along with the issue of reunification. So I implore that the fleet try not to miss this particular meeting.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A sheeba Handlar ? :O see even jezzer knows to vote Undine.

Finally, my new tea cup set has arrived. Wait a minute........Paul did you steal these from Picard????
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I wont miss that important meeting since ive been praying for it for along time
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am hopeful that all relationship problems are sorted out. I will try to make it to the meeting and hello to you too Jezzer! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I agree. We need to start working together. We are the United Federation of Planets, fleets are supposed to work together, not fight. We should be fightin the Klingons!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    well we almost had a civil war started once
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The Fed is supposed to be peaceful! How many innocents do we have to kill to get that point across?!?!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    hmm.....around about 30 million