• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Cel!
    edited November 2010
    Lok'tar ogar!
    edited November 2010
    We may be looking at some downtime over the next couple of days, as we upgrade to our much higher spec dedicated server :D
    While slightly inconvenient, this will be a great future proofing tool for the UFP.
    edited November 2010
    Server move complete!

We're still fine tuning a few things here and there, but by and large the move is complete. If you have any problems connecting to our servers or site, please send an email to support@ufplanets.com or send me a PM here :D
    edited November 2010
    Server move went great! {UFP} forums are back in action!
    edited November 2010
    Shiny new server! :D
    edited November 2010
    Be sure to check out our new November Herald! Our brilliant team of writers, editors, and graphic designers really put in their best!
    edited November 2010
    I have been researching fleets as I would like to join one and I happend to come across your fleet. Couple of questions, are you guys still active in game, and what are some of the activities you do as a group? Lastly, are you recruiting?

A little bit of info on me:
    Online experience: Motor City Online, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heros
    STO: started with beta, played for about 3 months, quit, and returned about 2 months ago
    Characters: Main, engineer, Vice Admiral, tac alt Lieutenant, sci alt, Lieutenant Commander
    In game: a couple of hours every evening, not too much on weekends.

Thanks
    edited November 2010
    Hi NCC1701C.

We are still very much active in STO, and aside from the regular "Active Sessions" periods for members to hook up, we also perform weekly events both for the Federation and Klingon sides. We're always looking for new members, and indeed event organisers to help keep the activities flowing. We're also in the early stages of creating our first proper in-house tournament.
    We're very much looking forward to Season 3, and in fact our members are fortunate enough to be able to ask Cryptic a few questions regarding Season 3 for our upcoming interview in the December Herald edition.

As well as Star Trek Online, we provide activities in a host of other ways. We still support some of the classic Star Trek games like Elite Force, Bridge Commander and RPG-X; and there are all sort of community events going on too.

If you have any further questions, feel free to drop by www.ufplanets.com or catch us on TeamSpeak 3 at ts.ufplanets.com. :)
    edited November 2010
    To UFP fleet members, there's still time to submit questions to Cryptic for the Season 3 interview! Just head over to the Members Lounge for a link :D
    edited November 2010
    I just recently got my Nebula Class, and I must say it looks awesome! I love the new tachyon detection grid!
    edited November 2010
    Make me jealous why don't ya:p
    I do love the look of it.
    edited November 2010
    Federation Fleet Event this Saturday. We'll be blitzing through the Devidian episode parts now that they've all been released.
    If you've yet to play them, or all of them, this is the perfect opportunity to play through them together with others. If you have, maybe grab another toon and level him/her/it up, or even work as a guide for the rest of us :p

Check our forums for more details: www.ufplanets.com
    edited November 2010
    Mmmm Neural Energy. Nom Nom Nom :P
    edited November 2010
    Can't wait!
    edited November 2010
    Be sure to RSVP! ;)
    edited November 2010
    Many hearty congratulations to our new Operations Commanding Officer, Captain Xar!
    I'm sure there will be much bloodwine and champagne for all :P
    edited November 2010
    I have a secret stash of Romulan Ale as well! Come join UFP and share in the glory!!!

Thank you Hathaway for the opportuntity!
    edited November 2010
    Vice Admiral John Shepard reporting for duty, no relation to Will shepard.

OOC I been on a few times over the past few days, what's your most favoured TZ as I am UK and not many people on during the evening, also the TNG uni's seem off colour wise, I am a avid trekker so I am a bit nit picky, I see a event is coming up soon, I assume we will be rp through out the event?. Argh I don't know which ship I want to command at Admiral, I go more for Ship design then usability for rp purposes, am I the only one??.
    edited November 2010
    Greeting Admiral.

Our biggest player base is split between European and American time zones, as we have many people in the UK, Scandinavia, The Netherlands, Canada, the US and elsewhere (with a few further afar). So we do cater for those in European and American timezones quite equally.

It's funny you should mention the colour of the uniforms. I recently redesigned the entire rank avatar range on our forums, and realised just how off our previous lot (downloaded from elsewhere), especially red were; with a swing more toward "panic button red"... whereas the real uniforms were actually more "wine" coloured. When researching the colour tones used, I was fortunate enough to come across some excellent high-quality photos of each colour uniform. Using these, I created both the right colours and texture for them.
    However I've yet to look into getting that colour onto the fleet uniforms we're wearing in-game... something we're definitely going to have to take a look at I think. See how close we can match them up... always happy to hear opinions on that.
    So like you, I am rather nit picky and prefer things just right. :p

The Devidian series event will be the fleet going through all the Devidian episode parts in one go. We'll meet up at Drozana station and on TeamSpeak 3 (with or without mic so you can at least hear), take our usual screenshots, and then split off with our individual groups. Some may want to take more of an RP angle, that's perfectly fine, it's really up to each individual how they want to pursue it.

If you'd like to join us for the event, just hop on TS3 (ts.ufplanets.com port 9987) before time and I'm sure we can get you sorted, perhaps get a feel for the fleet. Or if you're interested in signing up right away, simply head over to here to JOIN.
    edited November 2010
    Allied Fleet Bump
    edited November 2010
    Hey Phoenix, thanks for the bump :)
    edited November 2010
    Indeed, thank you Phoenix.
    edited November 2010
    Thanks to all who attended the fleet event, seemed like everyone had fun :)
    edited November 2010
    Fleet Event was definately fun but then they pretty much always are.
    edited November 2010
    Finally got your Career Officer status up then Chris :P
    edited November 2010
    Is there anyone online from the fleet that I could talk to and ask some questions. I will be at the beam in point of esd sitting on a table for the next 30min.
    edited November 2010
    Sorry I missed you JT_Marsh. If you'd like, feel free to send me a PM here and I will gladly answer any questions you have, or you'll often find me on our TeamSpeak 3 server at ts.ufplanets.com if you prefer. There'll be other senior officers online if I'm not online at the time. You can identify them by their CL (clearance level) number next to their name, CL5 and CL6 are senior level officers.

I'm awaiting my new graphics card (old one is shot) so I can't meet in-game at the moment unfortunately... a situation I hope to remedy either tomorrow or the day after.
    edited November 2010
    I'd attempt to go on too, but unfortunately I'm back at university for the time being and my internet isn't very co-operative. As Hathaway pointed out, there's usually senior offices on within the fleet on our TeamSpeak Server. You don't need a mic to come on, and we'll gladly chat with you via text if that is your preference. :D
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to run off with your items sharp.