Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Downtime (January 23, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    I hope there is a patch. It's a very bad sign to have all this downtime and yet no patches. Patches= fixed problems.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

we WISH!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    RivenSaint wrote:
    Honestly? I stopped letting people know I was female because it often resulted in immediately getting kicked. When I don't say anything and people assume I'm male, I never get kicked. It worked until people started routinely expecting voice chat- either I get kicked for not using my mic, or I get kicked when I say something and don't exactly sound like a guy.

Xbox live is the worst, but that figures.

And yeah... when you don't get kicked, you often have to put up with some TRIBBLE. Not everyone is so crass, but it happens a disappointing percentage of the time.

Heh, I should point my wife at this thread. She's been gaming since her family first got a playstation... and she's good. Actually, my buddies hate it when she plays Halo 3 with us; she's better then they are. (Though as much as they moan and complain, they call her up when they need another player on LIVE.)

As far as STO goes, she's already getting good enough I'm going to have to start getting her help with missions. And, she didn't even know star trek until we got engaged two years ago! Anyone who thinks women are inferior gamers is a fool and deserves a noscope sniper to the face. (Or, insert STO appropriate equivalent here)

Personally? A chick willing to put up with us TRIBBLE men gamers is one heck of a women. No doubts there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nutcase82 wrote: »
    My hat is off to you.

UO was a very differant place compared to todays MMO's. I kinda miss it .

I'll see your UO and raise you a MUD!

(and I still host one! BWWWWhahaha)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jshign wrote:
    LOL, well, I'm not exactly young myself. I was born three years before Star Wars hit the theaters for the first time.

SOO do you like fat guys with no money?? I have this friend.........
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey thanks :). Not very often I get picked over a hot chick!

awwww most of you are very sweet, thank you...a nd the rest, I can't really blame you.. i still remember using vent in WoW and one fo our guildies named Princess <something or other> came on and totally killed the visual... turns out he was a trucker... awesome guy but yeah for the most part MMORPG used to stand for Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls... times have changd tho
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lysis wrote: »
    I'll see your UO and raise you a MUD!

(and I still host one! BWWWWhahaha)

OMG MUD.... Talk about my 33Kb modem days.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    macguyvok wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks women are inferior gamers is a fool and deserves a noscope sniper to the face. (Or, insert STO appropriate equivalent here)
    Vaporized :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Maybe it's just me but...

There is a reasonable argument to be made that choosing that avatar, and then calling the attention it gets from the audience of an online gaming forum "unwanted" is, at best, disingenuous.

That's like saying that when I wear that outfit in real life I am asking for abusive comments... as I said ic an't complain about the attention but that doesn't mean all of it is wanted... you don;t see me pitching a fit so I don't think it at all disingenuous, not like I posted myself in a thong!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All this rush to get to the highest level to start all over in the Head Start? Take it easy and enjoy yourselves :D Relax and save all that fervor for the final game. We all know our characters in Head Start will carry over to the retail game and we'll all have our preorder stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well at least stuff is getting worked out now. I hope this makes for a smooth launch. lol we'll see :)

On a side note, I think the head start program is going to make everyone on it test subjects for full release lol :):D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    why dont we try something new and spend a little time and do it right. I know shareholders are beating the bushes down but you have an opportunity to do it right and make a lot of money.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    awwww most of you are very sweet, thank you...a nd the rest, I can't really blame you.. i still remember using vent in WoW and one fo our guildies named Princess <something or other> came on and totally killed the visual... turns out he was a trucker... awesome guy but yeah for the most part MMORPG used to stand for Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls... times have changd tho

LMAO... I can see that. In wow we had a Priest Named Kamena, and on vent it was the deep throated guy from georgia. We asked him why played a female toon he said if he was gonna stare at a cartoon butt all day he would rather stare at a female cartoon butt all day. (butt is subsituted for another word)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Omicron007 wrote: »
    You know what I love?...Using tractor beams on Bird's of Prey in PvP....mua ha ha ha ha!

me too! do they always come in 3's?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That's like saying that when I wear that outfit in real life I am asking for abusive comments... as I said ic an't complain about the attention but that doesn't mean all of it is wanted... you don;t see me pitching a fit so I don't think it at all disingenuous, not like I posted myself in a thong!

That's possible. :P j/k no really if you can do one with a military ABU on with a sign that says girl gamer support our troops that would be a great thing for my squadrons deployment moral booster. (about 70% of my squadron are gamers)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    why are you people still here.... it's up!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Insidias View Post
    Ok now a new topic:

How many think that when Decker joined with V'Ger that joining was the birth of the Borg?
    roach3000 wrote: »
    me..........

Yeah I figured that too... EARTH...its EARTHS fault! ..lol ...we made the stupid probe..

I also was thinking that maybe one of our still functional deep space probes might end up coming back to us...with friends or something..lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Dude she is posting a picture of herself, because (and I can speak for her) maybe she expected other people to do it. Some people still have the idea that WE MIGHT actually want to use the net to share who we are with other people.

No dont get me wrong, I think it's blatent when you go on facebook e.g. As there are some girld on there doing all kinds f sexual poses or half dressed. it's blatent attention.

But I hardly see that avatar as a reason to think you can start giving reasons for guys to give a girl **** and make her not want to play. Because she chose a photo rather than a picture of romulous?

You are making me ****ing ashemed to be a guy
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I got my wife into gameing when we still dateing way back in 96 and she is a power leveler she had 2 level 50's in DAoC before I got mine and in Aliens Online she had a Sgt. Major while my highest rank was Staff Sgt. so woman are great to game with and I fully respect them. There was this one character in DAoC she was always hitting on me and was a Paladin and we had just gotten Roger Wilco working with DAoC and she joined us in our chat channel and the deepest scruffiest voice I'd ever heard since my Drill Sgt. Spoke I think I almost crapped myself turned out she was a he who was a Captain in the Ranger's had a whole new perspective on who I was actually playing with in games.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    QE2 wrote:
    Dude she is posting a picture of herself, because (and I can speak for her) maybe she expected other people to do it. Some people still have the idea that WE MIGHT actually want to use the net to share who we are with other people.

No dont get me wrong, I think it's blatent when you go on facebook e.g. As there are some girld on there doing all kinds f sexual poses or half dressed. it's blatent attention.

But I hardly see that avatar as a reason to think you can start giving reasons for guys to give a girl **** and make her not want to play. Because she chose a photo rather than a picture of romulous?

You are making me ****ing ashemed to be a guy

Actually I didn't expect others to do it, but when I play MMOs my friends become like family and sometimes it's nice to have a face to go with the person.

Don't be ashamed to be a guy, you're awesome!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nevermind, working now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol, it's just a picture........
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    TCA16 wrote: »
    lol, it's just a picture........

I know, right? I didn't think it was TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I know, right? I didn't think it was TRIBBLE.
    I suppose that depends on how you were raised. Some people think if your pants are above your legs it's TRIBBLE. Personally it makes no difference to me, if you want to be naked go for it. Though the repercussions are completely on them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anyone else get kicked with "server not responding" when trying to enter Sol?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    TCA16 wrote: »
    I suppose that depends on how you were raised. Some people think if your pants are above your legs it's TRIBBLE. Personally it makes no difference to me, if you want to be naked go for it. Though the repercussions are completely on them.

Too true, oh well, was a fun thread though!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    vdmnjan wrote: »
    Anyone else get kicked with "server not responding" when trying to enter Sol?

I did once, but relogged and was fine.

Aye, it was a fun thread, I joined in late though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    servers not working agian, just a matter of minutes id say till they bring the servers down
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Too true, oh well, was a fun thread though!

Absolutly thank you for making it an enjoyable thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    At least they care enough to take it down when it is not working; instead of leaving it broke.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Love me or hate me, just don;t be ambivalent!

Perhaps, young one...Perhaps...

Let me tell you this, though...That saying your father liked so much, the one you carry around, likely came from the sum of his own experiences in life, not from a book or from some indy-film about family and life. Or from any other media source except himself.

You will discover what he means as you grow older...That you can be sure of. We all do, at some point...Some of us mature a little more slowly than others (can't count how many 30 year-old man-children are in this thread so far...Stopped after I counted about 47 people spamming nonsense just to hike post-counts and try to provoke something from the moderators...Most of the people aren't genuinely children, a lot are simply impatient fools who should have learned better than to behave this way many years ago)...

When are you going to update your forum avatar pic to reflect your in-game version of yourself...? Oops! Forgot I still have not done so yet, my bad...;)

There are many ways to dupe yourself (to an extent) in the game, at least facially...I like the ability to adjust for weight, too...That is really a nice touch, considering how many of us Trek lifers around here are about as bad as Doohan used to be. Trust me, I know...I grew up just two blocks from him, and frequently bumped into him while shopping, but always asking my mother and me to not talk about him, he did not like the fanfare...I always respected him for that, he knew when his time for public nonsense was over...

Ironic that I end up being equally as heavy as he was later in life...Of course, I have genetic issues that cannot be resolved (not even sure if they should be, sometimes), so standard weight loss simply never works with me...

Bah! Anyway, you have every right to stand up for yourself...Just don't go too far like the rest of these people tend to...;)

Oh, and no, I'm afraid I cannot accept invitations, please, do not trouble yourself...I am probably not too much older than you are, but with females these days, age is the hardest thing to define at a distance...Between makeup and kids in general wanting to look 20 by the time they are 15, even to extent that they force their thick-headed parents into letting them get...Well, "physical augmentation" might be the most gentle term to use for it...

Altering your body so young, it ruins you ten years later...I've seen it happen to a few people, not pretty to see after 5-10 years...

I will never understand a lot of the things 'normal' people are doing these days, period. Perhaps it is better that I do not...Sigh...Then I have to observe endless trolling on simple outage threads like this...Not a one of these trolls likely has open beta, and if they do, they aren't reporting bugs if they slam into a brick wall...So far, I have been pretty lucky in avoiding bugs outside the Delta Volanus (or whatever it's called) sector...That place needs another bug-squashing run, guys...Very annoying, there...Especially that one mission to secure a former Starfleet base over-run by Orions, I always get through 2/3 of the enemy groups, then when I get to the final room, I still don't find a third group of them, very annoying bug...Just one example among many.

I've submitted bug reports about it, and it seems like others reported on the same issues, so I'm wondering when they'll fix some of those bugged missions in that sector...

Sorry, was getting distracted...Always doing that stuff...

Anyway, just remember that everyone usually finds their path(s) in life, but not if they actually try to search for them...People must be patient enough to let things come to them in that regard. Kids have an instinct to search for such answers instead of simply waiting for the answers to come to them with experience and age.

Stay true to yourself, even in the game if you have to, and ignore the trolls...Even me...I wish more people in the game would learn that concept and stop the nonsense in threads of this sort...