test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Commander -4" / Career skills no longer available after patch.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Found an interesting bug this morning, as soon as I logged in after the patch.. I happened to get promoted from 16 to "Commander -4" allowing me access to T3 ships at 16 (Klingon side) as well as wiping off all of my Tactical Officer career skills (attack pattern alpha).

Now that I'm 21, I still don't have Attack Pattern Alpha, nor Fire on my mark (which I should have gotten at 18(?).

I'm not sure how it happened, as I honestly just logged in and it unlocked the promotion for me without clicking around at all.

Hopefully this is something you guys can nail down before some sort of skillpoint refund on launch as it's kinda game breaking if folks can get access to higher tier ships before they're actually the rank they are supposed to be to use it. Not to mention, not being able to get your career skills again would make for some grumpy customers :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    bumping for now, will have to see if it's fixed after this patch.

Once I hit 25, I was promoted again to "Captain -5" and allowed access to Tier 4 ships. Please, fix this issue come launch.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Still bugged as of now, I'm lv 31. If the pattern is going to hold true, I'll be fielding a carrier in the Tier 4 pvp arenas later tonight.

Again, please address this issue or atleast let us know that is is being looked into. I don't want to sit there on release and have folks sit there with the same bug I'm currently running through for the past few days.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    I think I have a similar issue. I'm missing the 'Fire on my Mark' space ability for my Lt Commander grade 8 Klingon character. I did however get the 'Fire on my Mark' ground at this grade, which I gather I was supposed to get at grade 5.