Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yes, same here
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes I cant even make my Federation Captain. I get booted half way through the customization process. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    me too.. but I'm getting lots of practice making aliens.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here.... Cannot Create a Character. I get disconnected in less than 1 minute. And it's happened 3 times in a row.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    happened three times to me also while i was creating a captain... i kept trying though and eventualy got through only to get a map is full error
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I really do wish it was saving my work so far on the character design
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i cant even get to making a char lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lack of servers. Knew this would be an issue. I just picked anything so I can start. Then during gameplay i was kicked off. Start adding more servers NCSoft
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup...this is my sixth try making a character. I'm getting faster so that way when I get the next boot I can at least have him saved!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am also having this problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Seems like it's a bit of a crapshoot. I had to login somewhere on the order of 20 times before I could get all the way through the creation process. I stayed connected afterward long enough to get to the transporter pad before it disc'ed me again. Now upon reconnecting I either disc again or get the "Map is Full" error and then disc :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well first of all i found that if u hurry trough the toon creation u have a decent chance of getting through HOWEVER CRYPTIC IF YOUR READING THIS AND I HOPE YOU ARE U NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM OF GETTING KICKED OFF EVERY TWO MINUTES FIRST AND ASAP OR OTHER PEOPLE WON'T BE AS FORGIVING AS ME don't get me wrong i love star trek and i'm sure this game will be great at launch BUT THIS IS NOT A GOOD START.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    >.< this is a beta no?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    im having the same problems getting kicked randomly from ther server -.- you need more juice also the loadinginto the serve take an awefuly long time :eek: and also cant login now as every time i click play disconnected from server
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well first of all i found that if u hurry trough the toon creation u have a decent chance of getting through HOWEVER CRYPTIC IF YOUR READING THIS AND I HOPE YOU ARE U NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM OF GETTING KICKED OFF EVERY TWO MINUTES FIRST AND ASAP OR OTHER PEOPLE WON'T BE AS FORGIVING AS ME don't get me wrong i love star trek and i'm sure this game will be great at launch BUT THIS IS NOT A GOOD START.

Dude, this is the beginning of open beta. Their bandwidth is being tested, thats all. They'll optimize it in no time! I'm just happy I got my hot vulcan woman saved now
  • Options
    edited January 2010

well i know this is not the place but dude you are dumb.. 1) it OPEN BETA.. 2) hasnt even been an hour, give them a break.. good lord..

Anyways..

Yeah i keep getting disconnected too.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've been having similiar issues. Although I've only disco'd once during creation, the trouble I have getting back in seems to be around the character list receival.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bigduckie wrote:
    >.< this is a beta no?

Really. Technically this isn't the start. If this happens on launch day, then complain. Otherwise, it has been reported, and I'm sure, will be looked into.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have my charater made and got as far as the transporter room in the tutorial before being booted. Now I can't log back in. I keep getting disconnected from server while retrieving list of maps.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to stop trying to log in for 15/20 mins. The less people try to log in, the less server resources are used, which means the faster fixes can be implimented they obviously know about the 'Map full' bug and the disconnects, so I'll leave them to it. I'll be back later
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sim_Kill wrote: »
    Anyone else having this issue?

yep, same here.

I can't get past the tutorial without getting disconnected first.

And now at the moment, i can't even connect. One time i got an error message saying the server if full....I didn't know MMO servers had a limit to how many people can join.

I hope they fix it soon.:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It seems to be getting quicker about kicking me out. Almost like its taunting me to just try and finish creating a character!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I get timed out and can't get to the character selection screen. However, this was even happening during closed beta so I don't think its a bandwidth problem, unless they couldn't handle the capacity of the closed beta in which case they are completly screwed for open beta and release...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here, I got into the game, killed the stuff in space and then went onto the planet to kill more stuff..... got disconnected and now cant reconnect

'Disconnected from Login Server'

'Unable to transfer characters'
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    surprisingly enough i just got in killed a few borg drones then as i ran back to try to get the blaster >.< hoping i get a second chance to get it>.< i dc'd
    ill give it a while im gonna take a shower. i would suggest that for all of us who are loosing years off our lives stressing out about this
  • Options
    edited January 2010

You need to calm the hell down. As others have said, it will be addressed, and frankly I don't think "how forgiving you'll be" is relevant. Shhhhh...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Must... Finish... Custom Race! [/Kirk Impression]

Yeah, I'm getting disconned a LOT and quickly also... Kind of worrisome to hear this might have been an issue in closed beta also. Makes me worry about release...

On a brighter note, character customization and creation is AMAZING! I haven't seen anything like it since I played Pre-CU SWG. Nice work so far Cryptic, just hope the servers catch up to demand before launch...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same with me. kept getting kicked everytime i left an area. now i can;t reconnect. figured we'd have these issues it is OB after all.

and dude you're a tool. it's still beta and it'll be fixed jesus christ. he's the first of many to freak
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I finally made a character after the 3rd time of trying (I was getting kicked after a few mins like the rest of us) but then I got kicked again as I beamed off the ship in the tutorial mission. Now I'm stuck at "Retrieving list of characters".

Oh well .. patience is a virtue they say !!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So.... has anyone else been trying to connect to the account server for 1 hour and 30 minutes?