Install Arc
Options

Map cannot load as map is full

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thorny wrote:
    Hmmm an interm fix would to be add a waiting Queue to the maps.

There is no way many people would sit in a Que and wait to play a game they have to pay for, I know there is no way in Hell I would. That kind of screws up the how limited down time the Dev guys were going for when they were making the game, I know in many interviews they spoke about how this game would have low down times. So sitting in a Que is down time in my book.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I do get the same bug too...

I dont realy care that its an open beta, i payed for the access and now cryptic must deliver. Even if i didnt its still an open beta...

Terrible first impresston. Hugely unprofessional to have such a basic error in this. I cant image its a surprise to anyone that there might be a ton of people logging on ..

Sure hope they get their act together before soon otherwise the game is realy going to start up hill..:mad::mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is there any workaround to the "map full" error? Does creating a new toon help?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    im getting the same error and creating a new toon wont help seems like cryptic underestimated how popular the game was going to be and the server donst have enough room for us
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Map is full is some BS, been disconnected from this so many times.

Either its full and you get booted, or you get in and the server stops responding.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lol
    The thing is when i try to warp somewhere, and after my ship flies away, the game shows a window in which server will i go, but like in sec, game selecting server for me, and i get this "full map" thing. It is bug, and whats the point in beta if i can't even play to see any problems except little memory of servers?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Angrymouse wrote: »

I dont realy care that its an open beta, i payed for the access and now cryptic must deliver. Even if i didnt its still an open beta...

Terrible first impresston. Hugely unprofessional to have such a basic error in this. I cant image its a surprise to anyone that there might be a ton of people logging on ..

Sure hope they get their act together before soon otherwise the game is realy going to start up hill..:mad::mad:

If you can't stand the reality of an open beta, do not enter it. That you paid (which you didn't but alas) or not is irrelevant, it clearly noted this is open beta which very clearly means it is going to be buggy, it is going to disconnect, it is going to do wierd things and yes it can even (though highly unlikely) destroy the data on your pc.

This is the first day of the stress test, so it is supposed to be the worst. If it is still disconnecting this much on january 20th, then one might start considering cancelling preorders
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ITs only 5 hours into the first day of open beta, give Cryptic a break, it is BETA, not release. THis is the time to find these issues before release.

But also getting MAp is full eroor from the Character Creator
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    and then threw me out?

same thing when entering sector space it says map full im stuck at wolf 359
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    part that makes me mad the most is that it boots you back to the log in screen with the server lag right now you could easily get back in if you didnt have to communicat with the server every time to find your character
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have this too
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    One major issue with this problem is that any skill point changes you make prior to trying to head to the next map (which is full, and you get dumped out of the game) are lost, for whatever reason. (The points themselves are not though, thankfully).

Makes me worry that other possible crashes - including those that could well survive into the release client (because the client could crash from a user's computer throwing up its own errors, etc) - that could/would happen at the same point would also result in these points being dropped. That would be a pretty large issue is so. Ideally, this information should be nailed down as soon as you hit the accept button - not at some later point where map changing can wipe it off.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cryptic didn't have 50k users all trying to navigate the noob zone during CB.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    there is no point in getting upset over it, i mean there is a massive amout of people trying to get in all at once,

way more then closed beta ever had, its day ONE of open beta this stuff happens alot
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Angrymouse wrote: »

Open Beta is where a lot of the stress testing happens. It is unfortunate that the first main area hits everyone, but thats why they have the open beta stage. To find stress/load related bugs. They do need time to work it out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ITs only 5 hours into the first day of open beta, give Cryptic a break, it is BETA, not release. THis is the time to find these issues before release.

But also getting MAp is full eroor from the Character Creator

we will not give cryptic a break.. based on active closed beta keys, and current pre-orders (all of wich grant open beta access), we should not be having these issues.. they should have fixed these issues in between closed and open.. and been prepared to handle the log-ins and play of enough players that HAVE ACCESS..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Perhaps if Cryptic let some of the CB folks roll a klingon to start with that would free up some valuable noob fed space.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same here, gets past CC to retrieve the maps, but maps are full....
    I say patience, Artoo will be along shortly, and he'll release the ray shields.
    Somethin, would be a lot cooler if he did.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BlkDrgn wrote:
    we will not give cryptic a break.. based on active closed beta keys, and current pre-orders (all of wich grant open beta access), we should not be having these issues.. they should have fixed these issues in between closed and open.. and been prepared to handle the log-ins and play of enough players that HAVE ACCESS..

Again you have to understand if you read the release notes. These things will happen am I happy about it no. I was in Closed Beta and things were better at the end. Now with the 3 to 5times more people that CB we will have these problems until Cryptic fixes the problem. I am just surprised after 8 pages that no one from Cryptic has responded to let people know whats up....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    having same issue also..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I would rather be kicked to the character selection screen as opposed to being forced to log back in.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There's just too many people making new characters and/or playing the first few instances/zones of the tutorial, especially as it's now coming up on prime time on the east coast.

Just managed to get in after many attempts....dev's should add some kind of queue or something instead of being kickd back to login.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I would rather not be kicked at all, I would rather be able to log in. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Okay, I think the Dev's get it, a lot of people are having issues (including myself) right now. I think its to be expected though, I would like to see the Dev's open more servers up or let us chose which servers we can go into, but... that ain't gonna happen, not now during Open Beta at least.

So my advice to you is, stay cool, play something else for awhile and go back to STO after a half an hour to an hour and see if things are golden. I personally will see if I can't toy around with the Character system or check out STOked (forums for them are back up).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cryptic's Answer to big issues is to stick its head in the sand and wait.

It is how they do CO and how they are doing STO, sad really.

As for "It's Just BETA" Please note Release Date.

They try but they never seem to be able to execute a plan, I do not know if is because there is No Plan, or they just do it badly, but Cryptic falls apart when stuff goes wrong.

Lee
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ditto...same here
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    *shrugs* I got that error and just assumed it meant the server is full. I'm assuming there's only one server currently and they'll have more when it launches.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yay, got in and beamed to the full map again.. weeeee..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    shieldwolf wrote: »
    *shrugs* I got that error and just assumed it meant the server is full. I'm assuming there's only one server currently and they'll have more when it launches.

It's possible they didn't conceive this many people would have preordered and under estimated the number of Servers they needed for Open Beta. This currently seems to be the case.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    From what I've played so far it seems to be a fun game, but with these issues and Cryptic's response, I'm beginning to regret my pre-order. I would rather have a company that has some balls and is willing to admit that it goofed up and get on it as fast as they can than one that crawls back in its shell to wait things out. Its been six hours now since open beta and so far the only response from Cyptic that we've gotten is "we know there's a problem!"

Honestly, with a game that only has ONE server this should not be an issue. Your maps should be designed to accommodate an unlimited number of players.