Options

Welcome to Daeke

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:
    Forum avatars take a lot of time and thought to use. I need to find one that wholly describes who I am and what I stand for in life. You can't just throw up any old image and say "Hey, look, here's my avatar".

I did!

But if I can get an artist to do my Oddjob as Starfleet Officer makeover (it's kinda like a contest but with no prizes) then you can have this one. I imagine you'll be making this face quite often as you read the forums!

Oddjob image here for "contest" participants:
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x162/OddjobXL/oddjobmovie_010620071056.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    OddjobXL wrote: »
    I did!

But if I can get an artist to do my Oddjob as Starfleet Officer makeover (it's kinda like a contest but with no prizes) then you can have this one. I imagine you'll be making this face quite often as you read the forums!

Oddjob image here for "contest" participants:
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x162/OddjobXL/oddjobmovie_010620071056.jpg

Here's just a quickie Oddjob-as-Starfleet-Officer.

Of course, if you have a different uniform you'd prefer, I could give that a shot later on.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You win!

Hey, Daeke. You can have my goofy Kirk avatar now!

Thanks, Whatinblueblazes! And might I add that's a mighty fine forum name.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:
    Forum avatars take a lot of time and thought to use. I need to find one that wholly describes who I am and what I stand for in life. You can't just throw up any old image and say "Hey, look, here's my avatar".

Or it could be that I'm too lazy to find a good image. If anyone has recommendations, I'm open.

Nah, I'm just here to keep Awen from going crazy. She likes to refer to me as "her little minion". But you can feel free to take my appearance as you will :)

First of welcome to the forums,

I'm sure someone at Cryptic can come up with a cool avatar for you.
    I'm impressed on your early posting, usually we don't see any dev posts til much later in the day
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Glad you like it, OddjobXL! My forum name may not be in honor of the most devious hat-chucking Bond villain ever, but I think it works. ;)

I second the motion that Daeke takes up the goofy-Kirk-as-avatar mantle bequeathed by OddjobXL. It works for a community administrator on so many levels -- in command, wanting to strangle himself (or others) at times...
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Driver wrote: »
    First of welcome to the forums,

I'm sure someone at Cryptic can come up with a cool avatar for you.
    I'm impressed on your early posting, usually we don't see any dev posts til much later in the day

That's 'cause we like to sleep sometimes :)

It's only 8:30 a.m. on the West Coast. I haven't even had my first cup of tea yet.

Welcome Daeke!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Glad you like it, OddjobXL! My forum name may not be in honor of the most devious hat-chucking Bond villain ever, but I think it works. ;)

I second the motion that Daeke takes up the goofy-Kirk-as-avatar mantle bequeathed by OddjobXL. It works for a community administrator on so many levels -- in command, wanting to strangle himself (or others) at times...

I think it fits well too. But I could be biased...
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:

Or it could be that I'm too lazy to find a good image. If anyone has recommendations, I'm open.

I can recommend the one I'm using.

The application can be found at the end of the link in my sig. ;) I'm sure we can get it processed asap.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:
    Hi everyone!

I'm very excited to have joined the Cryptic team. You all are definitely a great bunch of people, and I can't wait to get to know you all as we explore the universe together. Or something like that.

Anyways, here's a screenshot for you:

Oh, wait. It won't upload for some reason. Oh well :P

Welcome Daeke to our side of the universe and may your travels be relatively smooth :D
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Driver wrote: »

The secret is to be on the East Coast. It gives you a nice headstart in the morning. Though that's only temporary, I'll be out in California soon enough. So enjoy it while you can :)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:
    The secret is to be on the East Coast. It gives you a nice headstart in the morning. Though that's only temporary, I'll be out in California soon enough. So enjoy it while you can :)

Make sure you innoculate yourself for the cost of living shock. Not to mention just in time for the Sales Tax Increase. :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Loekii wrote: »
    Make sure you innoculate yourself for the cost of living shock. Not to mention just in time for the Sales Tax Increase. :eek:

Yeah, I just found out about sales tax on the west coast yesterday. Here we've got 7%...the jump to 9.25% is going to be pretty big. Gotta buy as much as possible in New Jersey now!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:

Don't worry I will, watch out California has a law for everything it seems
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:
    Yeah, I just found out about sales tax on the west coast yesterday. Here we've got 7%...the jump to 9.25% is going to be pretty big. Gotta buy as much as possible in New Jersey now!

I know this sounds kind of crazy, but since your posting on the forum, maybe you could actually reply in of the threads about STAR TREK ONLINE and answer any one of the many questions the community has :p
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Only 9.25% - In BC, Canada I'm sitting at a recently lowered to 13% (came down from 15%). That isn't including my income tax of approximately 40%

Hmm... California here I come!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Zott wrote:
    Only 9.25% - In BC, Canada I'm sitting at a recently lowered to 13% (came down from 15%). That isn't including my income tax of approximately 40%

Hmm... California here I come!

Until you see the cost of healthcare. :eek: My wife had an non-surgical overnight stay at the hospital which cost about $25k.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Were i am in cali its 8.75% So it shouldn't be much hire as i live close to bay area...
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Welcome to the world Daeke. Keep a level head and stick to your instincts.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Keep a level head and stick to your instincts.

Eat, drink and the "obvious one"?! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Awen wrote:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the newest member of my team - David "Daeke" Bass. He will be managing the forums for the interim for me. Please welcome him and show him the same kind of respect and generosity of spirit that you have shown me. :)

Ps. No he's not replacing me. *grin* I know you guys worry about that sort of thing.

Awen! Replace you. Never gave ti a though.But from the way that you described "David " it came across more of, well that you had gotten your self a "Girl Friday" .:D
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Daeke wrote:

That was not to bad of a jump. I know people who moved to a place where the sales tax is over 10%. Use to live in a place where there was no sales tax.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Welcome, Daeke! Nice to meet you. I trust you've taken the required monkey-wrestling training prereq?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I live in chicago...10.25...try that on for size! My wife and I only buy big ticket items when we visit her family in Ohio :p
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Welcome Sir Drake,
    May your stay be plesant, the work weeks short and the weekends long. Congrats to you and Awen on the jobs. BTW I am so jelous that you two get to play the Alfa "and" get paid for it. I'm willing to do it for free. :) Happy gaming :)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Welcome and may god have mercy on your soul...... :)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That quote is highly appropriate.