What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gameplay Trailer Available!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Although the new uniforms are non canon, (they should be the ones from "Endgame"), I really like them.

My only question is why the klingons attackers at 1:10 aprox are using Federation phasers.:confused:

I really look foward to play this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Looks great! Can't wait to see how STO grows before it is released. Will be watching as need a new, different MMO.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Great trailer guys. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    :)Trailer Looks Awesome
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I love the new Starfleet uniforms that are being used in STO. They match what has always been seen on screen, a standard uniform for all Starfleet personnel with a color variation depending on the department the individual is in (Command (Red), Operations (Gold), Sciences (Blue))

I look the ships that were shown and the game looks pretty good from what was seen in the first trailer. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

As for why the Klingon invaders are using Starfleet weapons could be that Cryptic hasn't designed Klingon weapons yet or, since they are aboard a Starfleet vessel, it's possible the Klingons stole weapons out of one of the weapons lockers onboard.

I can't wait for this game to come out and immerse myself in the Star Trek universe.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I find this forum quite amusing. First this is all a demo, nothing near the final product. It is absurd to base your judgments on a few seconds of develpment footage.

second... all you people out there bashing the way it looks and how the gfx aren't up to par... Are you the same people who are gonna whine when they revamp the graphics for high quality and you have to have a $400-$600 gfx card in order to play it in its full glory? You cant have leading edge graphics and play it on 2-3 year old hardware. It just doesn't work that way. Since everyone is giving their opinion, I will give mine.. Because the game is a few years away, the minimum requirements should be the top end equipment at the present time.

but wait a sec, I bet half the people would even be upset about that in a year or so...

Cryptic.... It looks great, THANK YOU FOR EVEN ATTEMPTING TO MAKE THIS GAME

we should all thank them for even trying it
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    For a game in this stage of development, I am taken back with this trailer.

As I listened to Emmert speak, I get the feeling this is a man that doesn't want to disappoint the fans. Clearly, at some point we're all driven by $$, but I didn't feel as thought that was his only motive behind developing this game. I guess it's hard to be selfish when working with such a pure genre like Star Trek.

If this is just the beginning of what we're going to see then I can't wait for a few years to go by when I look back at today and say to myself, "WooOoow... at some point the game was just ABC... today, it's XYZ!"

I'll say, I'm a fairly new Star Trek fan... I don't know much about graviton pulses and tetryon radiation, but I have played my fair share of games... and so far, I'm impressed with what they've done thus far.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Awesome. Need this game... now! I guess CO will tide me over, though. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    jonibrasco wrote: »

second... all you people out there bashing the way it looks and how the gfx aren't up to par... Are you the same people who are gonna whine when they revamp the graphics for high quality and you have to have a $400-$600 gfx card in order to play it in its full glory? You cant have leading edge graphics and play it on 2-3 year old hardware. It just doesn't work that way. Since everyone is giving their opinion, I will give mine.. Because the game is a few years away, the minimum requirements should be the top end equipment at the present time.

I'm sure some people may fall into this Category , however, as things currently stand the Nvidia 8800 does not. Nor does 4 gigs of Ram and appropriate Processor speed to go with it.

For the amount of time that STO has been in development PE or Otherwise, the demo lacked a single WOW factor that made me say "Other than because I'm a Trekkie, I want to play this game" ... Only dev time will tell , but for now it was bit lackluster.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Djack wrote: »
    I'm sure some people may fall into this Category , however, as things currently stand the Nvidia 8800 does not. Nor does 4 gigs of Ram and appropriate Processor speed to go with it.

For the amount of time that STO has been in development PE or Otherwise, the demo lacked a single WOW factor that made me say "Other than because I'm a Trekkie, I want to play this game" ... Only dev time will tell , but for now it was bit lackluster.

Its been in development for about 6 months what did you expect.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Niiiiiiice.
    Though things like charactrer models (and ship models as well after seeing that close-in on the Vor'cha) could use more work. All of SFX could, for that matter. Really, it's not 2005 and the game is not called WoW: people do have more powerful gears now.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh ya , and just a quick reminder from the OP post:
    This is 100 percent in-engine gameplay footage. What you see is what you'll play!

100% in game engine ... if that is the current in game engine , and what people can expect to play , then any Negative comments that have been posted here , have just as much validity as the rest of the positive feedback , because game graphics are based around the Game Engine, if you have any doubts about this .... Everquest .... Nuff said.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, it looks like it's going to be even more kick-TRIBBLE than perpetual's game. Unfourtunately...the graphics are worse than World of Warcraft. The animations are shittier than the original Halo.

Dude. This is what I expected the original STO to look like: http://www.fl-tw.com

Hell...come on man, I know graphics aren't anything but COME ON. There's a point where I just need a little bit of new, high end stuff.

Oh well. I'm not terribly excited by this anymore. You're not exactly gonna get the same 'WOW' factor you would get with something like Infinity when you suddenly warp into a planet and see something totally new for the first time.

Oh well... :(. I'm not that excited anymore. It's like playing a slightly upgraded version of Frontier...which isn't bad, but...

Anyways, for an example of what can be done today on a low end computer, look at Crysis. Actually, look at Crysis Warhead, running maxxed out on a $600 computer. By the time STO comes out, the least everyone would have would be a gfx card the equivilant of an 8800 GTO (crappier version of an 8800 gt) and a Q6600. Hell, even an E6600 runs crysis awesome.

If they want the gfx lower for a much wider audience (china? lol), then there's obviously assets already produced for the ultra low end...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    :eek:WOW i'm already loving this game. it's crazy what you've managed to do in over 6 months. even with an already built engine. I love the way you make the ship's explode. How they just full apart like that. it was absolutely wonderful.

As for the space environment, I like the way you’re taking it, but the nebulas seem a bit bright. thats all I'm going to say for now.

Keep up the good work, I defiantly will be playing this game when it comes out.:D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    lompocus wrote: »
    Well, it looks like it's going to be even more kick-TRIBBLE than perpetual's game. Unfourtunately...the graphics are worse than World of Warcraft. The animations are shittier than the original Halo.

Dude. This is what I expected the original STO to look like: http://www.fl-tw.com

Hell...come on man, I know graphics aren't anything but COME ON. There's a point where I just need a little bit of new, high end stuff.

Oh well. I'm not terribly excited by this anymore. You're not exactly gonna get the same 'WOW' factor you would get with something like Infinity when you suddenly warp into a planet and see something totally new for the first time.

Oh well... :(. I'm not that excited anymore. It's like playing a slightly upgraded version of Frontier...which isn't bad, but...

Anyways, for an example of what can be done today on a low end computer, look at Crysis. Actually, look at Crysis Warhead, running maxxed out on a $600 computer. By the time STO comes out, the least everyone would have would be a gfx card the equivilant of an 8800 GTO (crappier version of an 8800 gt) and a Q6600. Hell, even an E6600 runs crysis awesome.

If they want the gfx lower for a much wider audience (china? lol), then there's obviously assets already produced for the ultra low end...

Dude don't get turned off already. I mean like The_Padre said it's only been in production for six months. this is pretty good for six months of development. Now if this was a game trailer for say a release next week thin I might be put down a bit.

Don't worry about the graphics yet. And as for infinity it's gonna be hard for them to beat that. I mean atmospheric flight :eek: it's just not possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hawkins wrote: »
    Dude don't get turned off already. I mean like The_Padre said it's only been in production for six months. this is pretty good for six months of development. Now if this was a game trailer for say a release next week thin I might be put down a bit.

Don't worry about the graphics yet. And as for infinity it's gonna be hard for them to beat that. I mean atmospheric flight :eek: it's just not possible.

1 random dude from europe built that engine in 3 years.

Cryptic is a AAA studio with a few games behind their belt. I'm expecting them to beat that one random dude working with no pay on his own with a full time job!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Unfortunately that random dude has talent, Real talent. That is extremely hard to come by in the AAA gaming industry. Maybe they should get him the work on star trek online. LOL the first time I looked at infinity I said, " holy *$#% that's exactly what STO should be like." But then I saw the fact that there is no PS I (or any ship interiors for that matter) that they have planned for that game. But then I guess infinity is an entirely different game. And is also based on a procedural engine that randomly generates their universe. That would be rather difficult with star trek online as a lot of the content already exists and is hard to randomly generate.

And just so you know there is alot of little gaming nerds out there, who sit and make games for fun that make the AAA gaming companies look like second rate programmers. Then the only time the AAA Company manages to make a good game is when they actually have one of these little gaming nerds working for them.

But of course don't listen to me I'm just an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm just happy that were actually getting a MMO. Because I can guarantee cryptic will finish this game. There's no guaranteed on how long it will be out and running. But I will enjoy it for as long as we have it. :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Cryptic should hire both the creator behind Infinity and the creator behind NanoFX GE. Both of which have plenty of talent and both have been able to create really awesome looking graphics content, on their sparetime. NanoFX GE has graphics which are at least on-par with Eve Online, so I fully expect a AAA-company like Cryptic to be able to atleast match these guys graphics, and then some.

http://www.nanofx.org
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i hope it wont be like a comic when they us a version of the ChampionsEngine. And the gameplaytrailier looked good but I think some realism is missing, especially the charakters.... Ships and Combats looked great and the Station too.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Woohooooo!
    I love the trailer! I Love you! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i like what i see, im actually giddy like its Christmas morning. the space and ground world looks absolute gorgeous. ( really going to have to upgrade computer for this game). it seems that there is 3 axes to fight on in space. Klingon boarding party wielding federation weaponry. the different customization on the Klingon and humans could also be scene. i am very very impressed and happy with this and its just a trailer XD XD

i cant think of anything bad so far( as to hwo the gameplay will be thats another story =P) but i am definalty going to buy the game as of right now.

great job cryptic team =):D:D:D:D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What else can be said but "WOW!" One point though, I hope it is just a marketing thing that there was a lot of emphasis on battling - and that there will be plenty of true Star Trekesque gameplay...sans shoot-everyone up... I really hope I don't have to wait more than a year for this...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That trailer reminds me of something. What was it?

Oh yeah.

This.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hi to all.
    I was watching the livestream yesterday and downloaded the trailer of sto, but after all I'm not very happy with the actual state of the game.
    I came with huge expectations, but unfortunatly they aren't fullfilled...

The whole game looks to cute... to much colors ... there is no cool style in the graphics I saw till now.

What happen to the very stylish concept-drawings and ingame-tests?
    (e.g. http://www.kill-more-people.de/images/games/star_trek/StarTrekOnline_scr2.jpg or http://www.kill-more-people.de/images/games/star_trek/StarTrekOnline_scr1.jpg)

I mean - ok... there might be restrictions to the game because of the hardware of the gamers, but this is no reason to create a lolipop-game...

I like some in-game screens... e.g. the intro-sequence of the trailer and the asteroid-field...
    but the battles look like some kind of a star trek armada adaptaion and the planets feel like the land of the teletubbies...

Well ... of course... the gameplay is very important ... but for me, the style and graphic is too...
    I like star trek because of the breathtaking shots of starships and battles ...
    there was no feeling like this for me, watching the trailer :(
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Boohoo the graphics aren't perfect yet and boohoo if you dont like the uniforms they were wearing... remember.. STO was all but completely dead with PE. I for one am happy its even being produced. At least we have something coming on the horizon and not a pipe dream... If you dont like then dont play.

more dilithium and gold pressed latinum for me
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    jonibrasco wrote: »
    Boohoo the graphics aren't perfect yet and boohoo if you dont like the uniforms they were wearing... remember.. STO was all but completely dead with PE. I for one am happy its even being produced. At least we have something coming on the horizon and not a pipe dream... If you dont like then dont play.

more dilithium and gold pressed latinum for me

Sorry, but no ...
    There were so many Star Trek Games wasted their licence and disapointing their fans...
    I just insist of a good st-game now and I think sto won't be such one if they make a motley 0815-mmorpg out of it...

Yes... I won't play that game, if they just waste another good idea...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    at first i was like, bleh! but then i watched it again and i was like, yeeeeah!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Trailer looks good. Although I'd like to see little more realism. The impression I get is little too much cartoon like for my taste...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The only thing i dont like right now is the fact your BRIDGE CREW ARE NPC'S come one i want my friends on my bridge i want my crew made of REAL people. :(

the Movie clip looks good, and for all those that DONT like it i mean get a grip it isnt in BETA yet. Having tested MANY games in beta i know what you get then and what is released can be HUGELY diffrent. Im sure the res isnt maxed and the textures are not set to what they will be.

Dont bash a EARLY clip just let it have a chance to GROW
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Looks freaking awesome guys.