test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Battle of Korfez Bug - Benthan Scenario

crazedmike#4189 crazedmike Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited 1:42AM in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Copied from message sent to support (request#1144233):

For the last few months, the gist of the bug is as follows: Upon the Benthan vessels warping out they count for BOTH a troop delivery as well as a ship loss. The only times a team can pass through this phase are if they successfully save every single Benthan with zero losses, as the troop delivery registers at the 14/15 loss mark and thus narrowly avoids an automatic loss. Short of this, the bug prevents a victory for the Battle of Korfez if even a single ship is lost throughout this scenario.

I've played this map hundreds of times, and I've noticed that the bug seems to only occur if the Benthan scenario is the "Second random" scenario. I.E., if the group passes the first phase and it leads directly into Benthans it seems to be fine. It's only if there is a scenario preceding the Benthans where it seems to get bugged.

If it's of any assistance, I can always tell that the scenario is bugged because upon completion of the first random scenario upon Harry Kim giving the warp prompt, the audio aid saying "The Benthans need our help" plays immediately before the team is even warping out. In addition to this: Normally upon arrival in the Benthan zone, there is a slight delay between the arrival of the Benthans and then the subsequent Vaadwaur. When the scenario is bugged, there is zero delay as the Vaadwaur have already spawned. I don't know if this is somehow linked to the bug, but it's my way of being able to determine whether the instance is bugged or not.

As mentioned: This only seems to occur if the Benthans are the second random scenario. I've been keeping my eye out to try and see if there are instances where it is second but not bugged, or inversely if it's the first instance and IS bugged. I haven't to my recollection noticed either. Though I wasn't paying keen attention initially, this bug first seemed to start cropping up around the time after the event that provided the Temporal Disorder universal console, though it is possible that the bug predated this and I was unaware.

And to confirm: The ships were not being destroyed upon warpout. I've seen Benthans with 90%+ hull capacity warp out in front of me and then it immediately registers it as a "lost ship". As stated previously, the only way to effectively "solve" this bug is to have a team strong enough to not lose a single Benthan ship (those teams are few and far between).

Hopefully this information can be of assistance towards resolving this bug. As an avid Korfez fan, it's infuriating to pass a preceding Turei random scenario only to be "locked out" of a win from the Benthan scenario by virtue of losing a single ship.

Cheers,

CrAzEd MiKe (@trekcrazedmike)
Post edited by crazedmike#4189 at