test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some advice for TOS start for not so new players

saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
edited July 4 in The Academy
Ok, so I started some new TOS for recruitment event (I have 2 old ones, but I like some new free Experimental Ship Upgrades :) )
so here are things, that I noticed:
- after finished The Battle of Caleb IV if you have disabled "mission auto hail" on options, you need to get the "Welcome to Earth Space Dock" from the same Logistic officer that you reported the mission before (yeah, now I remember this, but I looked up the whole station the first time... it was... embarassing)
- after you finish tutorial and the new admiral will send you to the shipyard, you can get some of the ships unlocked in Zen Store, but after you accept the mission "In the Shadow of Cestus" some more of the unlocked ships in Zen store will get avaiable, including... the Legendary Temporal Flight Deck Carrier, which gives you 7 active weapons (at level < 10) - all 6 of the Very Rare Advanced Phaser Beams 3x[Dmg] are working, and you get 2 hangars + reinforcing squadrons console + 4 more console slots (in example, for Ominous Device, Linked Command Matrix, Enhaced Manheim Device, and others) + (if you upgraded the ship on other alt) you get up to 2 more console slots, so all space enemies will melt instantly
- you can also get some tribbles for help (like the Inquisitve one that adds Experience bonus and Damage Resist bonus)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,705 Community Moderator
    thread /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,744 Arc User
    You can do the same thing with the Walker and its overly unlocked hardpoints last time I tried it, though usually I use the "Constitution Light Cruiser" for RP purposes instead. Also, I used the Paladin once though I had to do it in its "future" style (which was not ideal theme-wise) since the Ranger class I also have unlocked was not available via the TOS ship tailor to use as a skin for the Paladin for some unknown reason.

The quick vaporization of enemy ships is actually not a problem when doing alts since there are often time constraints with more than one event running at once, especially on a map-transfer heavy tutorial arc (like this event has) with the map-transfer bug's dump-to-login nonsense on every transfer adding so much time to it. I used to do every new event mission at least once during events but lately I have had to stick to the TFOs due to the bug (but that is a different subject).

I'm not going to have a chance to test what is available in the TOS shipyard this year since I don't have the zen for another character slot at the moment (the first time I have missed a Temporal Recruitment since 2016), so I probably will not be making any characters until Delta rolls around next year (unless I get another KDF character idea I want to try first).