test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

question about quantum weapons

spikemcgee6987spikemcgee6987 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
is the Quantum Phase Beam Array, the only Quantum Energy Ship weapon in the game? if not where can i find others?

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,094 Arc User
    edited May 19
    is the Quantum Phase Beam Array, the only Quantum Energy Ship weapon in the game? if not where can i find others?

I believe it is. The Quantum Phase Catalysts weapons set does offer a dual heavy cannon and torpedo as well as nice universal console.

They seem to work decently enough but for me it's the torpedo that seems to stand out when combined with some drain in the skill tree and/or some from the weapons set's universal console or perhaps the Quantum Phase Applications space set.

There are other blue phasers available though.

Another nice mission reward set for phasers is the Trilithium Laced Weaponry set using 2 pieces (console + omni phaser or turret).
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,290 Arc User
    is the Quantum Phase Beam Array, the only Quantum Energy Ship weapon in the game?
    It's a phaser-energy weapon.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • spikemcgee6987spikemcgee6987 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @inferiority said:
    > It's a phaser-energy weapon.

So what are you saying? It's classified as a phaser beam array? I'm confused
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,290 Arc User
    edited May 20
    So what are you saying? It's classified as a phaser beam array? I'm confused
    It's there, in the tooltip:
    "to target: ___ Phaser Damage (___ DPS)"

The weapon 'More Details' gives you more details about this.

A regular phaser beam array has a chance to knock a subsystem offline.
    "Quantum Phase energy weapons have a chance to destabilize the shields of enemy ships, dealing additional shield damage and siphoning the shield energy back to you."

The Quantum Phase Catalysts and Applications sets are all about quantum entanglement - they damage foes and heal you.

But the beam array (or cannon) itself is still phaser-energy damage, thus it gets boosted by consoles that boost phaser damage.
    A quantum-boosting console will only boost quantm torpedoes.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,661 Arc User
    it's a phaser with the drain proc. i messed with it and came to the conclusion that it's not that great, but the console is worth slotting for the phaser poost. if you don't care about rainbow beams, the array is on par but there are better beams to slot
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,744 Arc User
    edited June 27
    The quantum phase beam array and the quantum phase cannon are good for phaser science/drain builds. They are similar to the Nausican Entoiled Technology Set disrupter set in that respect for the disrupter side of things, though they drain different systems.

Personally, when I use the set I tend to use both the array and the cannon at the same time, while the pair only counts as one for the set bonus, in practice it does seem to proc more often than just one of them and drain needs all the help it can get nowadays since proc is only checked for once per firing cycle instead of every shot like it used to be.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,094 Arc User
    With procs on energy weapons happening so infrequently these days I don't think it's worthwhile to even chase them.

I do like the quantum phase torpedo as it's shield drain is a sure thing when it hits that can be decent with a bit of drain expertise in a build combined with torpedo spread.

Some further reading on energy weapons.